Adman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2017 at 11:23 AM, Adman said:

SLU's hotel room guarantee at Moxi sold out again this week. And SLU again upped the guarantee, hotel holding price. Cool.

I'll have to get update on fan/alum party... date, time, place, etc. Last I heard, discussions were underway.

And here's the update on the fan/alum party in NYC:

Confirmed party will be at Foley's, the Manhattan bar for St. Louis sports fans. Cool! No better spot. Plus, convenient to MSG and Moxi hotel.

You'll see 4 different options for party and party/game ticket bundles. Well done.

http://alumni.slu.edu/s/1264/17/interior.aspx?sid=1264&gid=1&pgid=5383&cid=8632&ecid=8632&crid=0&calpgid=413&calcid=8723

I'll tackle the y

We have been told that 4 members of a SLU men's sports teams are involved with sexual assault charges. Some here may know more than that but I don't. Best case 4 cross country kids got drunk and got frisky with some coeds and they reported it as unwanted. Worst case; Gordon hung around campus and filmed Goodwin, French and AD participating in group sexapades which quickly devolved into assault all will be kicked out of school and maybe face jail time. This possibility would surely give one pause on pulling trigger on weekend trip to the Apple at a cost of maybe a grand.

16 minutes ago, almaman said:

I'll tackle the y

We have been told that 4 members of a SLU men's sports teams are involved with sexual assault charges. Some here may know more than that but I don't. Best case 4 cross country kids got drunk and got frisky with some coeds and they reported it as unwanted. Worst case; Gordon hung around campus and filmed Goodwin, French and AD participating in group sexapades which quickly devolved into assault all will be kicked out of school and maybe face jail time. This possibility would surely give one pause on pulling trigger on weekend trip to the Apple at a cost of maybe a grand.

Hey man, #XCLivesMatter too.

But seriously, I've had the same selfish thoughts.  First and foremost, hope the ladies receive the help and support they need.  Secondly, hope the University reputation isn't destroyed/diminished. Thirdly, hope this situation is handled properly by the U and the PD.  Lastly, hope the basketball team isn't involved to the extent I fear.

20 minutes ago, almaman said:

I'll tackle the y

Thems the breaks...Doesn't mean you get a refund.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick question re: attending events @ MSG: how are the ushers? 

I saw that tickets via SLU at 100/each but I just checked Ticketmaster and I can get tickets behind the basket for 15/each.  I would rather save 85 a ticket and move to the SLU section (can't be that big, right?) but am unsure if the ushers in the "good seats" will put the kabosh on this.  

Anyone have thoughts/experience at MSG? 

Thanks in advance.

22 minutes ago, slu06 said:

I saw that tickets via SLU at 100/each but I just checked Ticketmaster and I can get tickets behind the basket for 15/each.  I would rather save 85 a ticket and move to the SLU section (can't be that big, right?) but am unsure if the ushers in the "good seats" will put the kabosh on this.  

Thanks in advance.

these games are made for tv..... i think they would prefer the "good" visable seats to look filled. 

laurk likes this

1 hour ago, slu06 said:

Thanks in advance.

I'm in the same boat as you on this.

21 hours ago, slu06 said:

Thanks in advance.

I have no idea how it is today but I can tell the way it was back in the 60s, just after this new at the time Garden was built and before the 69 Knicks season when they were NBA champions.

I played HS basketball back then out on the Island. Used to get into Knicks games (prior to 69 the Knicks stunk) and college games for $2 when presenting your HS ID. The seats were way up in peanut heaven. We always cough up another $10, usually be about 6-7 of us so no more then $2 a piece, give it to the usher and he pretty much let us sit were we wanted after tip-off under the condition of just being cool if someone comes in with a ticket for those seats.

19 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

I have no idea how it is today but I can tell the way it was back in the 60s, just after this new at the time Garden was built and before the 69 Knicks season when they were NBA champions.

I played HS basketball back then out on the Island. Used to get into Knicks games (prior to 69 the Knicks stunk) and college games for $2 when presenting your HS ID. The seats were way up in peanut heaven. We always cough up another $10, usually be about 6-7 of us so no more then $2 a piece, give it to the usher and he pretty much let us sit were we wanted after tip-off under the condition of just being cool if someone comes in with a ticket for those seats.

69 knicks.   that was the historic willis reed come out and play when there was no way in hell he could which inspired the team to win.   great starting lineup.  walt fraizer, dick barnett, dave debusschure, bill bradley and willis reed.  i remember pretending i was fraizer when playing in my back yard by myself.    love love love that team.  great memory.  thanks tarheel.  

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

69 knicks.   that was the historic willis reed come out and play when there was no way in hell he could which inspired the team to win.   great starting lineup.  walt fraizer, dick barnett, dave debusschure, bill bradley and willis reed.  i remember pretending i was fraizer when playing in my back yard by myself.    love love love that team.  great memory.  thanks tarheel.  

One my favorite teams also. Red Holtzman, the Knicks coach, was one of the best defensive coaches in the business. Just phenomenal to watch.

Clyde Frazier, was at 67 NIT to see SIU beat Marquette in the finals. Clyde was the tourney MVP. That was the last NIT in the old Garden which was up-town on 50th Street.

Last time I was at the Garden was the 89 & 90 NITs when we played in the finals.

2 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Will def be buying the $15 tix, or scalping, with the intention of moving down. Should be fairly empty I imagine, no?

Since it's no local team (like a St John's or Syracuse (big alum base)), no super star player or no blue blood program, safe bet, not a big crowd.