Semi-OT: SLU moves up in the literary rankings

This is a good thing, let's hope the other professors, now that the strife against Biondi is over, start publishing more of their own works. This novel was published by Blank State Press, can you imagine a St. Louis University Press publishing works from their own faculty (as the Harvard and MIT press do). Thanks for the heads up sounds interesting.

That is one handsome guy!  I wish I was that handsome and literate.  I guess if any MBM's are interested or committed to meeting the real DoctorB in person, maybe just come to the reading Thursday in CWE, 7pm; because I plan on going as well to hear my colleague... I've read that novel, by the way, and it's almost pretty good; most of the commas and stuff are in the right places ....

On 7/8/2017 at 10:47 AM, Old guy said:

This is a good thing, let's hope the other professors, now that the strife against Biondi is over, start publishing more of their own works. This novel was published by Blank State Press, can you imagine a St. Louis University Press publishing works from their own faculty (as the Harvard and MIT press do). Thanks for the heads up sounds interesting.

Many top tier universities do not have their own press, they are massively expensive to run. Let's focus on moving up in USNWR rankings first. 

That may be true, but I believe it depends on the output volume produced by the faculty. Mind you these University presses print everything from science to philosophy, literature, and art. We do have a University with lots of different interests and areas of research we could do it some day, it is a thought, or if you wish a gleam in my eye, for the future of SLU