St louis recruiting

6 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Honestly, every D1 school recruits StL

I know...was just wondering if there were certain schools that had assistants with strong STL contacts.  Not counting schools like Duke, Kentucky, KU, etc that can basically recruit strong anywhere.

31 minutes ago, teamarete said:

I know...was just wondering if there were certain schools that had assistants with strong STL contacts.  Not counting schools like Duke, Kentucky, KU, etc that can basically recruit strong anywhere.

When Billy Donovan was at Florida he did not have any trouble getting the 'cream of the crop'.

One would think Carrawell would be recruiting STL hard but he never has.

STL does send a lot of recruits to Tennessee OVC schools.  Dave Loos had a pipeline with STL kids particularly on the East side.

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

One would think Carrawell would be recruiting STL hard but he never has.

STL does send a lot of recruits to Tennessee OVC schools.  Dave Loos had a pipeline with STL kids particularly on the East side.

Is that because Carrawell can't recruit STL well, or because Marquette doesn't really recruit STL (I know they are currently after Watson)?

10 hours ago, teamarete said:

Is that because Carrawell can't recruit STL well, or because Marquette doesn't really recruit STL (I know they are currently after Watson)?

If I'm a STL kid and my recruiting offers are similar midwestern schools, e.g. Marquette; Depaul, Dayton and Memphis; I would clearly pick SLU over those other programs.  Who is the last STL kid to go to one of those schools, even throw in Xavier and Creighton, and make a name for himself?     

I'm still waiting!

Ford is giving the top local kids a meaningful option to join a future big time program and represent their home, while at the same time being able to stay in touch with the local community---see Highmark, Claggs and The Legend.

39 minutes ago, bauman said:

If I'm a STL kid and my recruiting offers are similar midwestern schools, e.g. Marquette; Depaul, Dayton and Memphis; I would clearly pick SLU over those other programs.  Who is the last STL kid to go to one of those schools, even throw in Xavier and Creighton, and make a name for himself?     

I'm still waiting!

Ford is giving the top local kids a meaningful option to join a future big time program and represent their home, while at the same time being able to stay in touch with the local community---see Highmark, Claggs and The Legend.

If you add Butler to your list of similar midwestern schools, then Roosevelt Jones would be an STL kid who made an impact.

The issue is that in the past their haven't been that many high level D1 recruits to come out of STL.  Therefore, you weren't likely to see many of them on teams at the mid to high major level.  That seems to be changing a bit now which is good for SLU.

Larry Austin Jr (Springfield IL) to Xavier is another one that comes to mind.  Not exactly St Louis metro, but I think he played for the Eagles, so you might consider him an STL guy.  He didn't exactly "make a name for himself" in his 2 years at Xaiver, but was a highly regarded prospect and is now transferring to Vanderbilt.