The Big 3 Basketball League debuts Monday

Larry Hughes is on a team with Chauncey Billups and Stephen Jackson. Charles Oakley is listed as a player coach.

I think TBT has this beat in terms of intrigue. This "league" reminds me of bands from 20 years ago that still tour except now they're playing the ballroom at the Argosy instead. 

Im expecting the quality of basketball to be somewhere between rock and jock games and the NBA all star games. 

30 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Larry Hughes is on a team with Chauncey Billups and Stephen Jackson. Charles Oakley is listed as a player coach.

I think TBT has this beat in terms of intrigue. This "league" reminds me of bands from 20 years ago that still tour except now they're playing the ballroom at the Argosy instead. 

Im expecting the quality of basketball to be somewhere between rock and jock games and the NBA all star games. 

There is a monetary gain with winning in this league. A few teams appear in over their head but I think there will be some good ball played.

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Old men way past their prime trying to make money?

There are lots of old men way past their prime trying to make some money. Just check out your retired friends and or relatives. When the bank accounts start giving way, most old men past their prime try to make some money in any way they can, if nothing else to maintain the fiction that all is OK with their lives. 

Why is this not classified as OT?

My only hesitation in posting this, is that it brings this cr*@& thread up to the top.  V-Time are you going to make us endure this topic now in addition to all the "local" recruits info?

Gee, old guy, too bad the role of "Captain Obvious" is filled in those TV ads?  Or is that your day job?  I am constantly amazed that old athletes have to resort to extending their so-called athletic careers even when time has surely passed them by.  Didn't they make enough money at $25 million per year so that work is more or less a hobby and pass time?  Maybe that's what this 3-on-3 is but frankly, sitting outside in the cool of a summer evening with a good single malt and torched Churchill makes more sense to me.

And leave old friends and relatives out of this ---- comparing the common man to some of these has-beens is not fair to the common folk. 

My NBA Finals/Sumo Wrestling viewing time for the last three years has averaged maybe 10 minutes per year.  Ergo if negative numbers were achievable, they would surely be posted for this drivel.  This morning, Neal Everett was interviewing Will Ferrell on SportsCenter in a surfboard Hawaiian shirt.  The top t3en started with the Ugliest Dog Contest.  Ta-ta, ESPN.  You used to be somebody ......

51 minutes ago, bauman said:

Why is this not classified as OT?

My only hesitation in posting this, is that it brings this cr*@& thread up to the top.  V-Time are you going to make us endure this topic now in addition to all the "local" recruits info?

31 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Gee, old guy, too bad the role of "Captain Obvious" is filled in those TV ads?  Or is that your day job?  I am constantly amazed that old athletes have to resort to extending their so-called athletic careers even when time has surely passed them by.  Didn't they make enough money at $25 million per year so that work is more or less a hobby and pass time?  Maybe that's what this 3-on-3 is but frankly, sitting outside in the cool of a summer evening with a good single malt and torched Churchill makes more sense to me.

And leave old friends and relatives out of this ---- comparing the common man to some of these has-beens is not fair to the common folk. 

My NBA Finals/Sumo Wrestling viewing time for the last three years has averaged maybe 10 minutes per year.  Ergo if negative numbers were achievable, they would surely be posted for this drivel.  This morning, Neal Everett was interviewing Will Ferrell on SportsCenter in a surfboard Hawaiian shirt.  The top t3en started with the Ugliest Dog Contest.  Ta-ta, ESPN.  You used to be somebody ......

IMG_0565.PNG

Tying this thing back to the Billikens.  Larry Hughes' team did not fare well in week 1.  Losing by 15 points to a team with Kenyon Martin, Al Harrington, and Rashad McCants on it.

Here is the box score:

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=175864

Larry put up 2 pts on 1-3 shooting w 2 TOs and an assist.  His teammate Stephen Jackson probably sunk his team's chances by going 1 - 11 (!) from 3 pt range during the game.  Yikes.  Team Captain Chauncey Billups did not play.

3 hours ago, Taj79 said:

OT

First sentence with blackened type: No, it is not enough since it is inadequate to sustain their chosen lifestyle. A good question is what amount, if any, would be enough  to afford their chosen lifestyle? 

Second sentence with blackened type: Completely agree.

Third sentence with blackened type: Disagree, these have beens behave exactly like lots of the common folk except that they make and spend a lot more money. 

27 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

OK, what is a 4 FG? Half court heave? 

According to what I have learned the 3 on 3 game has some strange rules for the upcoming Olympics.  Shots will be worth either 1 or two points, each team will consist of only four players, there will be a 10 second shot clock and the game will last 10 minutes.

3 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Tying this thing back to the Billikens.  Larry Hughes' team did not fare well in week 1.  Losing by 15 points to a team with Kenyon Martin, Al Harrington, and Rashad McCants on it.

Here is the box score:

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=175864

Larry put up 2 pts on 1-3 shooting w 2 TOs and an assist.  His teammate Stephen Jackson probably sunk his team's chances by going 1 - 11 (!) from 3 pt range during the game.  Yikes.  Team Captain Chauncey Billups did not play.

Larry needs to shoot more. 

Chauncy is about to become the Cavs GM. LOL.

05, I assume you are talking about a Big 3 basketball game. It is hard to watch old folks pretending to be young again. Next time I would suggest you should go to the bar and drink a beer or two until your plane is ready to leave.