2017-18 Season Tix Renewal Email

56 minutes ago, TaLBErt said:

???

I think Quality got where I was going with my post.  I was poking fun at Crews for:

-Not having inbounds plays and always having players just lob the ball into the backcourt.

-Having Jim Platt as his #1 recruiter

-Not putting rebounders on the lane while SLU is shooting FTs

-Having a team stocked with mediocre talent such that he never settled on a consistent rotation of players getting larger minutes

21 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

-Not putting rebounders on the lane while SLU is shooting FTs

The best part of this one was that he couldn't remember why he was doing it. Said he knew there were several good reasons for it, but just couldn't remember them. El Oh El.

37 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

The best part of this one was that he couldn't remember why he was doing it. Said he knew there were several good reasons for it, but just couldn't remember them. El Oh El.

I assume he did it because Rick did it. 

I bought the $99 flash sale tix last year after a multi year drought without tix and got my renewal email on 06/30.  My lovely wife was just looking at the seating chart for the arena and said "we should get those red seats for next year."  This was not the expected response.......  In any case when is the time or best time to talk to the ticket people about upgrading?

27 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I bought the $99 flash sale tix last year after a multi year drought without tix and got my renewal email on 06/30.  My lovely wife was just looking at the seating chart for the arena and said "we should get those red seats for next year."  This was not the expected response.......  In any case when is the time or best time to talk to the ticket people about upgrading?

one week after the supposed deadline

Rich I would tell you to notify ticket sales you want to upgrade asap.   They will reach back to you when it's time.   If you haven't heard back by the renewal deadline then follow up.

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-I think most if not all of us on here are excited about the upcoming season, I am interested to see how this translates to butts in the seats 

I think the impact will be fairly minimal at the beginning of the season.  If the Billikens perform well in non-conference, we'll see an uptick during conference schedule.  I believe across most (all?) sports the attendance during the current season more directly correlates with the previous season's W/L record than the current season's W/L record.  In other words, there is a bit of a lag in how much the team's performance affects butts in the seats.

That being said, there is a lot noise that may affect Billiken attendance as well.  Most notably the quality (or perceived quality) of opponents, but also having a highly regarded local player (Goodwin) should boost attendance some.  SLU's marketing / promos or lack there of has an impact as well.