OT - NBA Draft

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Billboy1 said:

Tatum would not have come to SLU if John Wooden was the coach.

We'll never know for sure if the timing were different, but Tatum came around at the worst possible time. I tend to think it still would have ultimately been unlikely, even if the timing was better. Would he have signed with us in the middle of the Jordair/Evans era? We would have been much more appealing, but I still doubt it. Or what if Tatum came around a few years later... after Goodwin followed by Gordon came on board? Maybe that could have been the perfect storm that would have gotten Tatum here, but IMO everything would have had to have broken just right. As it turned out, I'm glad we didn't get Tatum... it sped up the exit of Crews.

4 hours ago, brianstl said:

Have you watched the kid play?

Interesting, I hadn't heard the name, but see him listed going in the top 4 in all of the mock drafts I am finding. It is hard to imagine a more impressive prospect than Michael Porter Jr.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, brianstl said:

"Michael Porter Jr. and Marvin Bagley III couldn't put up the production that Doncic is doing in a 40-minute FIBA ball-control game," an NBA veteran scouting executive told Bleacher Report.  

Doncic, who went for 27 points and nine rebounds against Latvia, is building confidence in scouts and momentum in the debate as the No. 1 overall draft pick for 2018

"Yes, 100 percent," said the executive when asked if Doncic could go first. "His game is leap years above anyone. Continues to shine and impress." 

In 2018, Porter won't be able to cake-walk to No. 1 at Missouri with empty team production, the way Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz did in college.