Current commits update thread

Full BBE team stats.

Anyone sweating Thatch's numbers - take a deep breath. He's surrounded by major talent on one of the best teams on the Nike EYBL circuit - they're 13-3 and in first place in Division D. Sure, he has work to do on his scoring efficiency. Otherwise, it looks like he's playing pretty well. I'll also add that I personally don't see him as a big numbers guy at SLU. I think he'll be a nice fit on our roster- productive, active, and tough, but maybe not a guy who's going to score in double digits every night. That's fine.

Here are his statistical ranks on BBE (out of 11):

Minutes: 4

PPG: 7

FGM: 6

FG%: 9

FTM: 7

FT%: 6

3PM: 4

3P%: 7

Rebounds: 6

RPG: 8

Assists: 3

APG: 3

SPG: 2

TPG: 4

BPG: 10

12 hours ago, TFord and TRavs said:

You're saying we can't get better guys? I think he's great just there is a lot of 2018 talent out there we could get including Watson. I expect this team to have top 20 recruiting classes every year. Our location and connections make it inexcusable not to 

Here's a list of the teams with top 20 recruiting classes each of the past 5 years.

Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, Florida

13 hours ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Or look at his minutes and stats at AAU. Goodwin's were significantly better I believe 

GloryDays why you banging Thatch?  The kid is solid. He will be a huge asset for the Billikens. 

What did the coaches say when you asked them about Thatch?

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

I think we are still pretty far from making this list.

Old Guy, I have to agree with you.

I don't follow recruiting rankings as closely as some of you, but have we ever been a top 20 recruiting class?  It seems like the best class we have ever had was the Highmark/Claggs/ Winfield and a couple of other kids about 20 years ago.  That might have made the top 20 list if anyone was doing rankings at that time.  I guess if any recruiting service included transfers, i.e. Foreman/Bess/Graves and AD along with JG and HF, we might should be rated as top 20 this year, but I haven't seen any site that includes transfers.

I thought our highest rated class was Hughes/Baniak/Heinrich/Tatum/Redden.  And that frankly paled when Larry was subtracted.  I recall Winfield being a top recruit but not so much so for Highmark/Claggett/Bickel.  The best before that was th elocal pub of Douglass/Gray.  Grawer got high marks for top JUCOs Manuel/Ivester/Tadysak but that was all hype an dno substance.

15 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I thought our highest rated class was Hughes/Baniak/Heinrich/Tatum/Redden.  And that frankly paled when Larry was subtracted.  I recall Winfield being a top recruit but not so much so for Highmark/Claggett/Bickel.  The best before that was th elocal pub of Douglass/Gray.  Grawer got high marks for top JUCOs Manuel/Ivester/Tadysak but that was all hype an dno substance.

You might be right about the Hughes class,but I don't think it had much to do with Redden since I thought he was a walk-on.  You are also right that take away LH and you have just an average, at best, class.  Even including Larry, was this a top 20 national class?  I wouldn't think so.

My point really is that we probably have never had a top 20 rated class so putting together 4 or 5 probably ain't gonna happen unless (or until) we become an Xavier/Gonzaga quality program over an extended period of time, at least 3+ years or so.  Only then will we attract that quality of player on a consistent basis and be recognized for doing so.  I am hoping that this is the start of that happening.  I see an NCAA bid as very possible this year and a given the following year when Gordon is added to the team.  The following year will be the toughest to continue that level of play with since we will be losing our 3 big transfers and, if Gordon is everything we expect, maybe him as a one and done.

19 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

The phrasing of this is problematic. 

Nope.  Only if one is a thin-skinned white.  There's a black guy sitting in front of me wearing a black jacket.  His skin and the jacket are pretty similar.  He's a black.

The white chick sitting to the left is wearing a white blouse or some sh!t.  It's pretty much the same color as her skin.  She's a white.

I think it's just funny.  If you add the word person to either white or black, it somehow magically makes it more palatable to say.

We all ride the train.  Come on ride the train it's a choo choo; ride it.

Screenshot_20170623-100704_20170623100912383.jpg