Current commits update thread

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Pro tip: You don't need to add the word "thread" on each new thread you start. We already know it's a thread.

Fair enough. Does anyone think Thatch will reach 4* status? My thoughts with all the new offers we make, people might actually start viewing slu as a top destination, and players with lower offers might commit early. I also don't know how that works to be fair, but if we have potential to have all of our recruits as top 100 players, why not focus on that

46 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Fair enough. Does anyone think Thatch will reach 4* status? My thoughts with all the new offers we make, people might actually start viewing slu as a top destination, and players with lower offers might commit early. I also don't know how that works to be fair, but if we have potential to have all of our recruits as top 100 players, why not focus on that

while I don't condone this practice, a program can offer as many verbals as they want and even if they accept, until they sign they really are nothing more than promises on both sides.   

2 hours ago, TFord and TRavs said:

How is Thatch doing this summer? Has he showed any big potential yet in AAU? Gordon is playing ball again. Are there any local games to watch this summer?

Thatch numbers this summer with BBE in the EYBL

16 gp/14.5 mpg/6.8 ppg/43.2% fg% (38 for 88)/23.1% 3p% (6 for 26)/71.1% ft% (27 for 38)/2.5 rpg/1.7 apg/1.1 topg/1.0 spg

I would really hold off on judging anyone on the Beagles just from their EYBL stats this season.  They really spread the minutes and the scoring around.  Garland is going to be a big time star and even his numbers arent eye popping.

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I would really hold off on judging anyone on the Beagles just from their EYBL stats this season.  They really spread the minutes and the scoring around.  Garland is going to be a big time star and even his numbers arent eye popping.

I think the concern is more the field goal and 3 point percentage.

21 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

glorydays has had a hard-on for Thatch sucking from the jump. he puts too much emphasis on the espn top 100 list

He's trying to make Thatch the new Cassity, Barnett, Manning, Jolly........actually we need a white kid on the team for the board to b!tch about 

26 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

He's trying to make Thatch the new Cassity, Barnett, Manning, Jolly........actually we need a white kid on the team for the board to b!tch about 

I honestly don't know if anyone will be bad enough to b!tch about if there are no white kids.  As long as we still have some heady gym rats, I'm cool with all black dudes.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

No I just think he committed too early. His numbers are honestly ok, but the 3 point percentage is pretty bad. 

39 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

You're saying we can't get better guys? I think he's great just there is a lot of 2018 talent out there we could get including Watson. I expect this team to have top 20 recruiting classes every year. Our location and connections make it inexcusable not to 

The staff is very, very pleased to be adding Thatch to the Billikens family. If you don't believe me talk to one of the coaches. They will set you straight. 

13 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The staff is very, very pleased to be adding Thatch to the Billikens family. If you don't believe me talk to one of the coaches. They will set you straight. 

Are you saying that programs offer players that they like? I don't get it.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

Are you saying that programs offer players that they like? I don't get it.

There are some MBM's (read this as glory days) that think all you have to do is go get the ESPN or Scout or 247 recruiting lists, and then pick off the players you want to offer from the lists.  No need to go see the kids play.  Why bother getting to know the family and the player f they aren't on one of these lists, right? 

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

There are some MBM's (read this as glory days) that think all you have to do is go get the ESPN or Scout or 247 recruiting lists, and then pick off the players you want to offer from the lists.  No need to go see the kids play.  Why bother getting to know the family and the player f they aren't on one of these lists, right? 

Or look at his minutes and stats at AAU. Goodwin's were significantly better I believe