• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

He wasn't driving under the influence. 

From the STLToday article:

"Weimer said Tilmon performed and passed field sobriety tests, which eliminated a chance of a DUI charge."

Does passing field sobriety tests really eliminate the change of a DUI charge?  I was always under the impression that the officer could ask you to submit to a breathalyzer even if you passed the field test.  If you chose not to submit to the breathalyzer, they'd have to get a warrant a it or a blood test.

I'm just wondering if the MIP wasn't Tilmon getting off easy because of his status as a basketball player.

The MIP is not really news.  College kid drinks, so what?  I'd guess most SLU players have had a drink while underage.  If he was driving intoxicated, that's another story because he's putting others lives at risk.

2 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Whether you do or don't drink and drive and whether you get caught or not is besides the point. When you're in his postition and have the spotlight on you, you don't do that stuff. He almost represented this country on the USA team. Completely unacceptable. No pity from me

i agree.... people who make mistakes should be hung in the public square. i haaaaaaaaaaaate people who make mistakes. mistake making is like the worst quality a person could have. only perfect people in my inner circle. aint got time for mistake making mofos

12 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

i agree.... people who make mistakes should be hung in the public square. i haaaaaaaaaaaate people who make mistakes. mistake making is like the worst quality a person could have. only perfect people in my inner circle. aint got time for mistake making mofos

Never said that. But when you're in the public spotlight, your mistakes will be in the spotlight as well. Goes with the territory. I have no sympathy for a guy who will make millions in the NBA potentially for a sport 

1 minute ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Never said that. But when you're in the public spotlight, your mistakes will be in the spotlight as well. Goes with the territory. I have no sympathy for a guy who will make millions in the NBA potentially for a sport 

i doubt he really gives an F either...

2 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

Forgot the blue ink did you?

4 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

From the STLToday article:

"Weimer said Tilmon performed and passed field sobriety tests, which eliminated a chance of a DUI charge."

Does passing field sobriety tests really eliminate the change of a DUI charge?  I was always under the impression that the officer could ask you to submit to a breathalyzer even if you passed the field test.  If you chose not to submit to the breathalyzer, they'd have to get a warrant a it or a blood test.

I'm just wondering if the MIP wasn't Tilmon getting off easy because of his status as a basketball player.

The MIP is not really news.  College kid drinks, so what?  I'd guess most SLU players have had a drink while underage.  If he was driving intoxicated, that's another story because he's putting others lives at risk.

You have to have probable cause to have him submit to a breath test. Sounds like the officer didn't believe he was Intoxicated after he passed the field sobriety test. The officer treated him fairly. He charged him with the crime he could prove and didn't pursue the charge he couldn't prove. Drunk people don't pass field sobriety tests.

1 hour ago, kmbilliken said:

You have to have probable cause to have him submit to a breath test. Sounds like the officer didn't believe he was Intoxicated after he passed the field sobriety test. The officer treated him fairly. He charged him with the crime he could prove and didn't pursue the charge he couldn't prove. Drunk people don't pass field sobriety tests.

Maybe the campus cop gave him the benefit of the doubt by not asking him to blow. On the other hand, maybe he really did pass the field tests with flying colors. 50/50, obvi.

8 hours ago, kmbilliken said:

The officer's said they could smell the "odor of alcohol" as they approached his car.  The MUPD spokesman said that "He had been drinking".  Under the age of 21, blowing a 0.02 is enough for a DUI which if you look at any BAC charts, it takes one drink to get to that level.  That doesn't mean he had to be drunk to still get a DUI at 18.

On 6/20/2017 at 0:23 PM, CBFan said:

So is your point we are all hypocrites troll?

Also a few years back the past can't forgive and move on?

I am not the one making fun of a Mizzou player. 

It could be a SLU player someday and you probably won't like it.

will you?

7 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

will you?

What a surprise... picking on a SPUMAC player has touched a nerve with you - :rolleyes::blink:

57 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

will you?

And with those words, the Grinch's heart began to melt...

In fairness, the whole joke is that there are 2:1 odds that it will happen to a Mizzou player again before that happens.  But who knows, maybe it is random chance, and not an indication of a shady culture, in a lax program, at a careless university.

On 6/20/2017 at 5:38 PM, NextYearBill said:

Was he drinking by accident?

26 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

At 4 AM last night a 23 year old drove their car into Mizzou Arena, doing 100,000 in damages. His car ended up all the way on the court 

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/recent-grad-crashes-car-into-mizzou-arena-causes-k-damage/article_8349bb7f-d9e7-572b-9c79-6d96373f38ee.html

"Conant graduated from Mizzou in December 2016 with a bachelor's degree in English, the university confirmed. He was hired by the athletics department on March 26 in a temporary position as an events assistant"

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/recent-grad-crashes-car-into-mizzou-arena-causes-k-damage/article_8349bb7f-d9e7-572b-9c79-6d96373f38ee.html

"Conant graduated from Mizzou in December 2016 with a bachelor's degree in English, the university confirmed. He was hired by the athletics department on March 26 in a temporary position as an events assistant"

Oh hell yeah! Mizzou keeps eating their own sh!t out of a bowl!

I'm sure that kid will get promoted to full-time after this.  I must admit I'm a bit jealous.  Always talked about driving through the front of a place, but never had the balls or the blackout to do it.  This kid went big.