Louisville Sanctions

If Louisville has to forfeit all of their NCAA tourney wins from 2010 to 2014, that would include their win over us in 2014. It'll never happen, but it would be nice if they gave us Louisville's NCAA Units from that game. $1.3mm could single handedly complete the locker renovations, and then some.

There's a difference between vacating a win and forfeiting a game.  If a team forfeits a game, then the game was not played and the other team is credited with a win.  If a team vacates a win, it must reduce its historical win total, but the result of the game does not change for the other team.

EDIT: I may have it wrong that forfeits are applied only if a game wasn't played:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/friv/forfeits.html

51 minutes ago, kshoe said:

If Louisville has to forfeit all of their NCAA tourney wins from 2010 to 2014, that would include their win over us in 2014. It'll never happen, but it would be nice if they gave us Louisville's NCAA Units from that game. $1.3mm could single handedly complete the locker renovations, and then some.

How would they do that - I am sure UL has already spent the money.  Is it common to recall the $?

24 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

There's a difference between vacating a win and forfeiting a game.  If a team forfeits a game, then the game was not played and the other team is credited with a win.  If a team vacates a win, it must reduce its historical win total, but the result of the game does not change for the other team.

EDIT: I may have it wrong that forfeits are applied only if a game wasn't played:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/friv/forfeits.html

Makes sense