Rosters by Class and Position

34 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

You guys make a lot of NAIA comments, but my kids moved on to play in the same pro leagues as the SLU kids. Willie is the only one who made the league besides Larry.  

Ed McCauley, Anthony Bonner, David burns, there are more.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going after a verbal commit to the best of my knowledge is not going to get a coach hit w/ any violation. Situations change both for the kid and the school that he "kind" of committed to, so coaches still feel like they're fair game. Ethics in sports at this level don't exist. It's just like politics and business, self interest rules the day. "Nice guys finish last"- Leo the Lip. Until young Mr. Gordon signs on the dotted line and dons that Billiken hat, we've got reason to be concerned that he's a stone cold lock for SLU. And the pressure will probably come from more than just the new HC at SPUMAC.

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

You guys make a lot of NAIA comments, but my kids moved on to play in the same pro leagues as the SLU kids. Willie is the only one who made the league besides Larry.  I know talent. It's everywhere. I know recruiting. Most of you neither played in college, let alone coached in college, but want to piss on someone that has a resume and it's absurd. You discredit my opinions and claim I don't understand players, positions, strategy, etc, when really you are the inexperienced ones who don't understand the game.  It's not everyone just a few know-it-alls.

Goggle Anthony Bonner then correct your post.

I didn't leave Bonner off, I was talking about the time period my kids played in. You expected me to go back 30 years? Since Larry, there has only been Willie. Jeffers was drafted.  And Willie played 2 years, Larry, 1.  Your kids graduate and move on to play in thecsame leagues as guts from Harris-Stowe. And there's nothing wrong with that, just no need to look down on NAIA D2 etc.  Derrick White played most of his career at D2 and will be a first rd pick later this month in the NBA draft.

31 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I didn't leave Bonner off, I was talking about the time period my kids played in. You expected me to go back 30 years? Since Larry, there has only been Willie. Jeffers was drafted.  And Willie played 2 years, Larry, 1.  Your kids graduate and move on to play in thecsame leagues as guts from Harris-Stowe. And there's nothing wrong with that, just no need to look down on NAIA D2 etc.  Derrick White played most of his career at D2 and will be a first rd pick later this month in the NBA draft.

STOP 

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Which one of your kids played for the top league in France?  Which one played in the top league in Greece?

As far as the overseas guys I can check and to get the exact years and leagues they played in. Domestically, Marcel Anderson played in the NBA D League with both the Maine Red Claws and Erie Bayhawks, and has enjoyed a strong career overseas. He was a member of my first ever recruiting class in 2009 where I signed University of Kentucky guard Jarvis Walker. This was during the transition from Gillespie to Calipari. He is the younger brother of NBA star and former UK star Antoine Walker. He too played professionally.

Here's a link to Anderson in the NBA D League.

Hey guys StL Hoops is right - going to Harris Stowe will get you to the top leagues of the world just like going to Duke and StL.  No point in going to a D1 school it really doesn't matter.  I wonder were you in the Tatum sweepstakes - after all he really had no reason to go to Duke.

11 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

He was a member of my first ever recruiting class in 2009 where I signed University of Kentucky guard Jarvis Walker. This was during the transition from Gillespie to Calipari. He is the younger brother of NBA star and former UK star Antoine Walker. He too played professionally.

Interesting. Two random questions for you, do you know what Phil Hunt is up to now and is Tim Fuller still around Harris Stowe?