Ford on KSDK with Frank

Here is the interview that Frank tweeted about with the Mizzou series.  Talks about the roster this coming season and just how physically dominating it will be.  Had more praise for Goodwin.  He is open to the Mizzou game and has told that to them, Mizzou knows that, he thinks it will happen eventually and will be good for basketball in the area.  He isn't concerned about losing recruits to Mizzou, plenty of talent out there.  

http://www.ksdk.com/sports/college/slu/is-slu-a-tournament-team-travis-ford-stops-by-to-talk-slu-hoops/441265633

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Here is the interview that Frank tweeted about with the Mizzou series.  Talks about the roster this coming season and just how physically dominating it will be.  Had more praise for Goodwin.  He is open to the Mizzou game and has told that to them, Mizzou knows that, he thinks it will happen eventually and will be good for basketball in the area.  He isn't concerned about losing recruits to Mizzou, plenty of talent out there.  

http://www.ksdk.com/sports/college/slu/is-slu-a-tournament-team-travis-ford-stops-by-to-talk-slu-hoops/441265633

Very true. In regards to recruiting we may get maybe 2-3 every year it seems. Easily 5+ top recruits in the area up for grabs every year in the stl area and Ford doesn't even need STL talent for a stacked roster. 

You guys want to play us in basketball and I heard Lovie smith on the radio during the Cardinals game tonight saying Illinois wants to play us in football.

It's flattering everyone wants to play us. 

20 minutes ago, MUTGR said:

You guys want to play us in basketball and I heard Lovie smith on the radio during the Cardinals game tonight saying Illinois wants to play us in football.

No, we don't.  Ford just knows it's good recruiting for SLU to beat Mizzou every year.  

That was a great interview. Did not realize he was as good of a shooter as insinuated. We've obviously told MU we'd agree to a home and home series and they've declined. Pretty weak but what can you do. Love how he mentioned how many interchangeable parts there are on the roster, guys who are versatile, etc. He'll figure out how to have the best players on the court. Also sounds like there will be another pleasant surprise to the schedule 

27 minutes ago, MUTGR said:

It's typically a good idea to play a school that will have to retrospectively forfeit all of their wins from a season. Automatic W.

19 minutes ago, MUTGR said:

MUTGR, I don't know if you know this, but you have an extremely condescending attitude.  

I listened to Frank's podcast interviews of Martin and Porter.  Those interviews actually softened my hatred of Mizzou, changing that hatred into hope that one day Mizzou fans could learn from the new coaching staff about humility and respect.  Then I came here to see your comment and realized they have a lot of work to do in order to root out the arrogance that exists in Columbia.     

51 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

MUTGR, I don't know if you know this, but you have an extremely condescending attitude.  

I listened to Frank's podcast interviews of Martin and Porter.  Those interviews actually softened my hatred of Mizzou, changing that hatred into hope that one day Mizzou fans could learn from the new coaching staff about humility and respect.  Then I came here to see your comment and realized they have a lot of work to do in order to root out the arrogance that exists in Columbia.     

I think SLU/Mizzou will happen soon with Martin and Sterk both being relative newcomers. Why not. We both need reasons for our fans to turn out, and our new coaches are giving us those reasons, but another rivalry game would add to it. It seems we may compete for local recruits in the future, why not on the court as well? 

How do you think it should happen? Home and home? Or play at Scottrade? 

56 minutes ago, For-DaLove said:

It's typically a good idea to play a school that will have to retrospectively forfeit all of their wins from a season. Automatic W.

Yes, but it's not as much fun as actually winning outright. 

9 hours ago, MUTGR said:

I enjoyed the Illinois football series with MU good stuff for a fan like me of MU football.

It is all about schedule sure beats the no name teams that MU beats in the non-conference schedule.

I am a Billikens fan first and hope that coach Martin turns it around for MU and seems to be well on his way.

As a fan I want to see a home and home series with MU it is a lot more fun than the blood donor games both teams play in the non-conference.

If the series ever gets scheduled I would enjoy the banter with the MU fans, the point being it would be fun for the fans.

10 hours ago, MUTGR said:

just that we know an easy W when we see it.   it will probably hurt our rpi, but at least it will be an attendance draw at chaifetz for the delusional mi$$iouri fans in the area.  

11 hours ago, MUTGR said:

I think SLU/Mizzou will happen soon with Martin and Sterk both being relative newcomers. Why not. We both need reasons for our fans to turn out, and our new coaches are giving us those reasons, but another rivalry game would add to it. It seems we may compete for local recruits in the future, why not on the court as well? 

How do you think it should happen? Home and home? Or play at Scottrade? 

Absolutely not Scottrade. should never happen. 

One thing I'd like to know is why Coach Ford has consistently said that he's the third coach Mike and Reggie have had.  He said it on senior day, and he said it in the interview linked in this thread.  Wouldn't Mike or anyone gently correct him, to say, "You're the second coach we've had"?

13 hours ago, MUTGR said:

Honestly, I could care less anymore. Sad, you have nothing better to do in life than troll fans on an opposing message board. 

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

One thing I'd like to know is why Coach Ford has consistently said that he's the third coach Mike and Reggie have had.  He said it on senior day, and he said it in the interview linked in this thread.  Wouldn't Mike or anyone gently correct him, to say, "You're the second coach we've had"?

Was RM still a live and technically the coach at the time they signed LOIs?  JC was only the interim when RM had to take a medical leave.

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

Was RM still a live and technically the coach at the time they signed LOIs?  JC was only the interim when RM had to take a medical leave.

Interim for Crawford  .http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205760566 

Crawford signed his NLI in Nov 2012.

I could not find a similar article for Reggie.  He either signed also in Nov 2012 or spring 2013

Coach Majerus died Dec 1, 2012.  He didn't coach either Mike nor Reggie.

I am over wanting to play Mizzou.  I don't really see the upside for us anymore.  Why give Mizzou another game every other year in St. Louis?   The best thing we have going for us on the local recruiting front is the chance to play in front of your family and friends multiple times without them having to travel.  No need for SLU to provide more games in the city for Mizzou to offer local kids.

I would rather play Butler, X, K State, Vandy, etc.

19 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I am over wanting to play Mizzou.  I don't really see the upside for us anymore.  Why give Mizzou another game every other year in St. Louis?   The best thing we have going for us on the local recruiting front is the chance to play in front of your family and friends multiple times without them having to travel.  No need for SLU to provide more games in the city for Mizzou to offer local kids.

I would rather play Butler, X, K State, Vandy, etc.

Yep. Give me more series against quality teams in fun cities that are an easy drive away.

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

29 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Interim for Crawford  .http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205760566 

Crawford signed in Nov 2012.

I could not find a similar article for Reggie.  He either signed also in Nov 2012 or spring 2013

Coach Majerus died Dec 1, 2012.  He didn't coach either Mike nor Reggie.

Though Coach Majerus had yet to pass away when Mike signed in Nov., 2012, it was painfully obvious he'd coached his last game, and I doubt he'd been recruiting Mike.  When Reggie committed and signed in April, 2013, Crews had become the head coach, officially.  Crews was the coach responsible for bringing both of them to SLU.

3 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Though Coach Majerus had yet to pass away when Mike signed in Nov., 2012, it was painfully obvious he'd coached his last game, and I doubt he'd been recruiting Mike.  When Reggie committed and signed in April, 2013, Crews had become the head coach, officially.  Crews was the coach responsible for bringing both of them to SLU.

I like to look at anyways that coach 1 to those guys were Evans, Jett and the rest of the seniors. Best explanation for how that team stayed good.  Coach 2 was Crews which led to the losing. 

9 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

I like to look at anyways that coach 1 to those guys were Evans, Jett and the rest of the seniors. Best explanation for how that team stayed good.  Coach 2 was Crews which led to the losing. 

While that my have a ring of truth, it wouldn't be the reason Coach Ford is saying the guys have had three head coaches during their career at SLU.

18 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Come on Thicks. I still haven't convinced Taj that Ash Y (who signed after Reggie) wasn't really a Majerus recruit so there's no way you can tell me that the ghost of RM wasn't the primary recruiter for Mike and Reggie!

1 minute ago, kshoe said:

Come on Thicks. I still haven't convinced Taj that Ash Y (who signed after Reggie) wasn't really a Majerus recruit so there's no way you can tell me that the ghost of RM wasn't the primary recruiter for Mike and Reggie!

Majerus was dead when ash committed so...