2017-2018 Schedule

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WC Billiken,

Pretty dumb on SPUMAC's part since this year will be their best chance to beat us, having Porter and Tilmon, while we will not yet have Gordon.  The following year they should want no part of us with our 4 redshirted transfers in their 2nd year of playing as Bills and with Gordon on the team.  Meanwhile Porter will be in the NBA (unless SPUMAC is able to set up a multi-million $$$ trust arrangement for his father, all perfectly legal of course) and Tilmon will no longer be eligible, if he ever becomes eligible this year:rolleyes::D

Saw Frank's Tweet that SLU really tried to make a game with Mizzou happen.  SLU, please do not schedule Mizzou.  They make my skin crawl, and other then the local hype no real benefit.  So many better teams to schedule that would have great hype and sellout easy.  Butler, for example, way better!  

Hey no one ever told me if the Siena Saints are eligible for the theoretical new all saints league.   How do these rules go exactly?   

Oldguy, Im happy you found her alive at least. 

Is the Butler game gonna be an annual thing now?  

Id rather do DePaul.  I woulda dropped out of there had I been able to find their campus.  First time I couldnt find it, I was actually there already.  Thank goodness that for Fr. Larry B., I had no such problem at Frost. Second time I got lost in Ohare (or was it Midway?) We can kill Blue Demons every time,  but Bulldogs can make/take big poos.

11/10: Seattle

11/16: @2k Classic in NYC - Providence, Virginia Tech, Washington

11/17: @2k Classic in NYC - Providence, Virginia Tech, Washington

11/22: Detroit

12/2: @Butler

12/9: Houston

SIUC?

27 minutes ago, Pistol said:

11/10: Seattle

11/16: @2k Classic in NYC - Providence, Virginia Tech, Washington

11/17: @2k Classic in NYC - Providence, Virginia Tech, Washington

11/22: Detroit

12/2: @Butler

12/9: Houston

SIUC?

That's a pretty good OOC schedule so far imho 

For discussion purposes only, final NCAA RPI, April 3, 2017.  We certainly believe SLU's RPI is not indicative of the 2017-18 team, so others could be the same.

Butler 13

VT 50

Providence 61

Houston 62

Washington 210

SLU 247

Seattle 272

Detroit 289

35 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

That's a pretty good OOC schedule so far imho 

I'm pleased with how it's shaping up. We got big-timed out of the best 2k home game opponent (Belmont, and Houston Baptist was actually better than Detroit or Seattle), but that was to be expected. Hopefully the rest of our buy games aren't 300-level RPI killers.

2 hours ago, JMM28 said:

Tour of major metro areas for the non conference season? NYC, Seattle, Detroit, Houston, Indy..

Seattle and Detroit will certainly be at home. And I think the Houston game is at home this year as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Compton said:

I'd like to see any/all of SIUE, SEMO, and MOSt on the schedule. 

So which of these 3 schools did you graduate from and are not willing to take a road trip to see them play?  There is absolutely no value in us playing all 3 of these schools every year.  Honestly 2 is too many but it has happened and I guess it may happen again.  Bottom line is we need to schedule better opponents not just anybody.

21 minutes ago, Compton said:

I'd like to see any/all of SIUE, SEMO, and MOSt on the schedule. 

I liked it when we played SIUC & Missouri State every year. I'm tired of SIUE and have no interest in SEMO. The last two are ok as buy games, but don't merit home and home.