Rashed Anthony Commits

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Appeared in 87 games. Career 50% FG, 71% FT. Avg 4.5 MPG this season 

Background: http://www.independentmail.com/story/sports/2017/03/14/rashed-anthony-seton-hall-south-carolina-ncaa-tournament/99164052/

Had offers from BC, KState, OU before picking SH

Seems like a great kid/teammate 

You speak the truth, but he has shot only 34 times, in his career, making 17.  He is 12 of 17 from the FT, in his career.  He has 79 rebounds, in his career. He blocked 14 shots and had 8 assists, in his career.

4 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Appeared in 87 games. Career 50% FG, 71% FT

Background: http://www.independentmail.com/story/sports/2017/03/14/rashed-anthony-seton-hall-south-carolina-ncaa-tournament/99164052/

Had offers from BC, KState, OU before picking SH

Seems like a great kid/teammate 

His own words:

"I love my role on the team," Anthony said. "My role on the team is to bring energy – just motivate my teammates as much as possible, push them in practice, make sure everything is good on and off the court."

8 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

You speak the truth, but he has shot only 34 times, in his career, making 17.  He is 12 of 17 from the FT, in his career.  He has 79 rebounds, in his career. He blocked 14 shots and had 8 assists, in his career.

Ha I did not realize the totals were that low. Thanks

44 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

This is a perfect fit for the last ship

It is probably the last player new addition for next season, but if someone like Kameron Rooks wants to come here they will find a spot for him.

30 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It is probably the last player new addition for next season, but if someone like Kameron Rooks wants to come here they will find a spot for him.

I assume this means we didn't like our chances with Rooks. On paper I am a fan of this addition. I also reserve the right to delete my previous harsh assessment of the Santos signing since I am now fully on board with that one.

2 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Not sure how I feel about that.  That was something started under the previous regime and didn't pan out.  I think Coach Ford has SLU's recruiting on a whole new level.

Totally agree. If pitbull was played when jolly committed then it just needs to go. 

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

I assume this means we didn't like our chances with Rooks. On paper I am a fan of this addition. I also reserve the right to delete my previous harsh assessment of the Santos signing since I am now fully on board with that one.

When you are one of nine your chances aren't great.  That said, I don't think Anthony's commitment says anything about how they feel about their chances with Rooks good or bad.  The roster needs healthy bigs.  They have two bigs coming off injuries and one of them is showing signs he might be prone to injuries.  If Rooks would have committed yesterday, I think they still would have took Anthony's commitment today.

7 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I forget who made that no look pass in that clip.  Anybody know?

#15....Barry Eberhardt? You've got Liddell, Brown, Eckerle? and Lisch that I can identify. The no look pass comes from a black guy not Liddell or Brown. The only other black guy on the court is wearing 15.

Welcome Mr. Anthony, I hope your time at SLU is productive for you in the class and on the court.

Coach Ford and Mr. Anthony fill a need on the team time to concentrate on 2018.

I am really excited for the 2017-2018 season.