home and home with Houston

wgstl

2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

That's a solid home game. 

21-11 last year for Houston. 

they return 3 of their top 4 scorers, including a 20 ppg guard. Also a 4* F recruit 

I like it. A home and home with a top 50 team and a coach who has been in trouble with the NCAA. Sampson will have that team in the tourney next year. 

A great matchup for a heckling student section as well. 

Totally unrelated, but that Mario fella is still working for Xavier and is still their DBO. He has to be by far the longest tenured DBO in the country. I remember giving him hell as a student and that was 11+ years ago now. 

58 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

I like it. A home and home with a top 50 team and a coach who has been in trouble with the NCAA. Sampson will have that team in the tourney next year. 

A great matchup for a heckling student section as well. 

Totally unrelated, but that Mario fella is still working for Xavier and is still their DBO. He has to be by far the longest tenured DBO in the country. I remember giving him hell as a student and that was 11+ years ago now. 

This gives me another opportunity to mention how good of a dude that guy is. Has offered me tickets to an X game on multiple occasions if I'm ever in Cincy. Was a pleasure to speak with the last year we played them in conference at Chaifetz. We talked about the flag incident and he looks back on it fondly.

Ok ok ok boytoy and I got a lil more of a logistical challenge on Houston but it just means the party bus ride from ATX aka Heaven with Beer will provide more time for us to "prep" for the game.

Once again I got dibs on GD13's mom.

Phi Slamma Jamma KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

There will be a fairly large contingency of Bills coming down from Dallas. Plus, I know quite a few guys who live in Houston. 

I go down to H-Town quite a bit for business but admittedly don't know it as well as I know San Antonio or Austin. I'll do some recon before the season starts. 

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This is a nice series to start up.  Good program in a similar conference and in an area that Ford would probably like to recruit again.

Exactly, he had major Texas connections while in Stillwater. Let's keep it up. 

Generally speaking as well, the Texas Triangle is a fertile recruiting ground for SLU students as well. Good series to get going on so many levels. 

This is awesome! I'm in Houston and know about 20-30 other alums who live in town that would all be super pumped to go. 

Hofenheinz Pavilion is a dumpster fire of an arena, which is why it is being remodeled this season and turned into the Fertitta Center in time for the 2018-2019 season. Maybe we will be the inaugural game in the fixed up place. UofH probably tried to get an old SWC rival to usher it in, but got the shaft from them so they had to settle for an old Conference USA rival. 

19 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Ok ok ok boytoy and I got a lil more of a logistical challenge on Houston but it just means the party bus ride from ATX aka Heaven with Beer will provide more time for us to "prep" for the game.

Once again I got dibs on GD13's mom.

Phi Slamma Jamma KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

I'll pick you up and we'll make the three-hour drive to Unpainted Huffhines Arena or whatever it's called.