Tilmon to Mizzou thread

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't pulley go to the same juco that got ricky clemons like 2 years worth of credits in one year?

3 hours ago, goonaha said:

Not to #wellactually, but I will anyways. Mizzou and KU are the academically equal ones. Miami, SMU, and IU are all better. 

Agreed.  But I have to tell you, if KU could turn Ben McClemore into a 3.2 GPA student, I have to give them the nod over Mizzou.  

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2012/oct/21/quick-study-ben-mclemore-hit-books-hard/

57 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

didn't pulley go to the same juco that got ricky clemons like 2 years worth of credits in one year?

This story should be oft repeated, first because it's arguably a presaging of the horrid administrative oversight in Columbia that culminated in the demonstrations, and second because SPUMAC.

24 hours in a summer. Some sources now say it was all at Barton CC, but this one is even more of an indictment of Mi$$ouri. 

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/1733924-155/clemons-missouri-snyder-season-ncaa-basketball

12 hours at Barton, nine hours at BYU through distance learning, and "three hours more in a study-by-mail course from a college in Colorado." And no one in the compliance department even raised an eyebrow, or it they did, it was quickly smacked down by a higher-up. 

Tell your children as a cautionary tale. 

57 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

29 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I think it was one summer...

Well, something like that: http://www.missourinet.com/2004/12/15/indictment-of-jc-coach-mentnions-ricky-clemons/

Former Missouri basketball player Ricky Clemons is in the news again. A federal grand jury in Kansas indicted former Barton County Community College basketball coach Ryan Wolf on 36 counts yesterday. Five of those counts are related to Clemons, who attended the Kansas junior college the summer before enrolling at Mizzou in 2002. Clemons took 24 hours worth of credit over the summer from three different schools to get eligible to play at Mizzou. 12 of those hours came from Barton County. The indictment says Wolf paid for some of Clemons’ classes, had class work done for him and instructed a proctor not supervise Clemons while taking tests, but told the proctor to sign papers which say he did. The indictment also alleges that former Missouri basketball player Randy Pulley was given credit for six hours worth of credit during a three or four day visit to the school in the summer of 2002. He was also told that he didn’t have to attend classes for at least seven of the courses he took. Pulley, who played for Mizzou last season was dismissed mid-way through the 2003-2004 season.

4 hours ago, MUTGR said:

Agreed.  But I have to tell you, if KU could turn Ben McClemore into a 3.2 GPA student, I have to give them the nod over Mizzou.  

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2012/oct/21/quick-study-ben-mclemore-hit-books-hard/

You know for someone who laments our hard 0n for Mizzou you post a lot about KU on a SLU message board. 

18 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Lol at the Porter thread being locked

You know what I find really funny on this board? Taking a look at your posting history.

After being largely absent from the board for several months, vtime writes at the time of Ford's hiring...

Hiring a former Mizzou Tiger is definitely the way to go

He then doesn't post again for nearly a year, with a few sporadic posts in January.

Then, a couple of months later, after Martin is hired, he crawls out from under his rock again to begin a posting frenzy that is 7 1/2 pages and counting.

Wonder why most on the board just view him as a run of the mill SPUMAC troll, as opposed to the impartial "coach" a basketball insider. :lol::lol:

10 minutes ago, ACE said:

You know what I find really funny on this board? Taking a look at your posting history.

After being largely absent from the board for several months, vtime writes at the time of Ford's hiring...

Hiring a former Mizzou Tiger is definitely the way to go

He then doesn't post again for nearly a year, with a few sporadic posts in January.

Then, a couple of months later, after Martin is hired, he crawls out from under his rock again to begin a posting frenzy that is 7 1/2 pages and counting.

Wonder why most on the board just view him as a run of the mill SPUMAC troll, as opposed to the impartial "coach" a basketball insider. :lol::lol:

research +1

IMG_0053.GIF.0ebf9f87910b176a0e9f739ad598b530.GIF

Everytime a troll comes around on this board, I always think to myself, like Clark in Christmas Vacation, "Where is ACE, he usually eats these goddamn things." 

He's the best in the business. 

• 4 weeks later...