Tilmon to Mizzou thread

Drankin' that Beliken Beer checkin billikens.com in yet another country I don giv a faaaaaaaq. J Toolman' amirite

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Methinks I can like both teams :)

Well be top 2 A10 and NCAAT 2018-19

You deserve Metz, but like 5 posts a year. Your past 50 comments have been pro mizzou. Mizzou will be trash after Porter leaves just like LSU with Simmons. 

9 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

You deserve Metz, but like 5 posts a year. Your past 50 comments have been pro mizzou. Mizzou will be trash after Porter leaves just like LSU with Simmons. 

Jontay, Harris, Tilmon, Roberts, plus new recruits in 2018.

also, if SLU had all of these recruits coming in after being trash for 3 years, I think you'd be all hyped up too

2 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

also, if SLU had all of these recruits coming in after being trash for 3 years, I think you'd be all hyped up too

SEC doesn't play around. Might be better conference play could put them below .500 still 

11 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

I'd be fairly surprised if Tilmon stays more than 1 year at Mizzou.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mizzou doesn't actually have any 2018 commitments yet (even Jontay hasn't verbaled).  What's that saying about counting chickens?  The hype machine is going strong for Mizzou right now, but I'm not sure based on Cuonzo's track record they can live up to it.  They should have a solid team going forward and be much improved / much better off than under Kim Anderson.  I'm just not sure that'll be good enough after all of the hype / expectation building.

This is a SLU board, so let's focus on SLU.  You are correct SLU fans would be and are excited about getting excellent recruits (all of the transfers, Goodwin, French, Gordon, Thatch).  Let's talk about those guys on this SLU board rather than focusing on some tool.

13 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Methinks you've chosen the wrong screen name.

Nicely done! Now you're getting it. The whole "I'm a fan of both programs" line doesn't quite seem credible in this instance.

6 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I got some bets on SLU finishing better than Mizzery next year. Should be fun.

I have bets on Mizzou finishing better than $LU.  You're right. $hould be fun. 

6 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Don't know why the dollar sign's on SLU. You guys were the ones who outbid the school that bought tilmon a house. Lol

Don't forget they paid over a million for a dad of one of the recruits too but trolls will troll.  

Does anybody else wonder if Tilmon could be like that kid from Hazelwood East a few years ago - sorry I can not remember his name now - who was a monster but never could figure out how to reach his potential.  I think he was eventually involved in a hold up or gun thing where he might have gone to jail before he graduated.  I am not comparing that to Tilmon but the under achieving part.

17 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Does anybody else wonder if Tilmon could be like that kid from Hazelwood East a few years ago - sorry I can not remember his name now - who was a monster but never could figure out how to reach his potential.  I think he was eventually involved in a hold up or gun thing where he might have gone to jail before he graduated.  I am not comparing that to Tilmon but the under achieving part.

Kalen Grimes, who went to Hazelwood Central and Mizzou?

Tilmon may have signed with Mizzou but I think there are going to be a whole bunch of hurdles for him to jump and hoops to go through before he sets a foot on the court.  Qualifying for one.  Clearing the NCAA Clearinghouse for another.  Stay eligible.  Can the kid do what he has to do to escape the friendly confines of East St. Louis or not?  Lots of stories like this for other kids like this -- and not all end well.

Plus, with the rumors that Jontay is reclassifying in order to play with his brother, that would seem to indicate its now or never for that to happen which I translate to me Porter, Jr. is one-and-done.  This time next year, Mizzou's recruiting efforts could al be set back to square one.  Lots to play out before we see this saga end.

10 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Tilmon may have signed with Mizzou but I think there are going to be a whole bunch of hurdles for him to jump and hoops to go through before he sets a foot on the court.  Qualifying for one.  Clearing the NCAA Clearinghouse for another.  Stay eligible.  Can the kid do what he has to do to escape the friendly confines of East St. Louis or not?  Lots of stories like this for other kids like this -- and not all end well.

Plus, with the rumors that Jontay is reclassifying in order to play with his brother, that would seem to indicate its now or never for that to happen which I translate to me Porter, Jr. is one-and-done.  This time next year, Mizzou's recruiting efforts could al be set back to square one.  Lots to play out before we see this saga end.

I wonder if Jontay reclassifies, how that could impact Tilmon.  If Jontay gets more minutes, deserved or not, than Tilmon, I could see Tilmon and his parents thinking it's because his dad is part of the coaching staff and lead to him transferring.  Could be wrong but never seemed like he had a strong connection with any school during the recruiting process.