Tilmon to Mizzou thread

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Although if anyone wants to post Roy Schmidt meltdown tweets here, I totally welcome that.

He hasn't had any since the announcement.  He did tweet yesterday calling out those who said it would happen before May 15th for being wrong then followed it up saying he heard it will be before the 17th and he doesn't give a damn anymore.

It was only 6 days ago he said it's easier to say where Tilmon will NOT be going and he said Tilmon will NOT go to Missouri.  

47 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

He hasn't had any since the announcement.  He did tweet yesterday calling out those who said it would happen before May 15th for being wrong then followed it up saying he heard it will be before the 17th and he doesn't give a damn anymore.

It was only 6 days ago he said it's easier to say where Tilmon will NOT be going and he said Tilmon will NOT go to Missouri.  

I stopped following him last fall. Has he written off the Cubs yet? It was pretty funny when he wrote them off because they fell behind 2-1 to the Dodgers in last years' NLCS, while also declaring Jake Arrieta to be an "average" pitcher.

Missouri should be excited about getting Tilmon but they need to calm down on the expectations.

One guy posts that MU is back to being a basketball powerhouse and another picks them to be in the NCAA tournament.

Like SLU MU has to come a long way to be good enough to get to the NCAA plus the SEC is improved and a new coach.

Both teams seasons will improve but I am not sure how much and I look forward to reading posts in October about how much improved posters think SLU will be.

I will enjoy watching improved basketball from SLU and if they make the big dance then that would be the cherry on top of the upcoming season.

13 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I stopped following him last fall. Has he written off the Cubs yet? It was pretty funny when he wrote them off because they fell behind 2-1 to the Dodgers in last years' NLCS, while also declaring Jake Arrieta to be an "average" pitcher.

I just started following after he opened his account the night Mark Smith committed.  He hasn't written them off yet but he was holding Maddon accountable for his pitching changes and putting in "stinky strop" after he took out Lester on Saturday.  

58 minutes ago, waldo027 said:

They found a way to get him qualified academically? I'm shocked.

I assume that is an unknown at this point beyond his GPA and ACT score. The Clearinghouse will likely spend some time on this one with Tilmon attending three different high schools.

35 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

I just started following after he opened his account the night Mark Smith committed.  He hasn't written them off yet but he was holding Maddon accountable for his pitching changes and putting in "stinky strop" after he took out Lester on Saturday.  

Perfect 

22 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

His Cubs rants are just barely second to his Illinois rants

The Blackhawks rants are high level stuff too. In the playoffs last year, he wrote them off when they fell behind 3-1 to the Blues, got back on the wagon when they came back to tie it up, only for the Blues to win in Game 7.

I'd tell Roy to stick to basketball, but even basketball has passed him by. 

Lately he's broken out a good one that he used to pull all the time. He starts calling out people that are stealing his content or not giving him credit but never does so by name or directly @ anyone. It's a special kind of rant. 

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Missouri should be excited about getting Tilmon but they need to calm down on the expectations.

One guy posts that MU is back to being a basketball powerhouse and another picks them to be in the NCAA tournament.

Like SLU MU has to come a long way to be good enough to get to the NCAA plus the SEC is improved and a new coach.

Both teams seasons will improve but I am not sure how much and I look forward to reading posts in October about how much improved posters think SLU will be.

I will enjoy watching improved basketball from SLU and if they make the big dance then that would be the cherry on top of the upcoming season.

Crazy expectations are what fans do. I think Mizzou...just like SLU...has added core pieces to be successful in the years to come.  Both teams seem primed for a good season.

6 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Lately he's broken out a good one that he used to pull all the time. He starts calling out people that are stealing his content or not giving him credit but never does so by name or directly @ anyone. It's a special kind of rant. 

He's on private so even @ wouldn't let someone see it. 

1 hour ago, Coach314 said:

Crazy expectations are what fans do. I think Mizzou...just like SLU...has added core pieces to be successful in the years to come.  Both teams seem primed for a good season.

Good to hear from you coach.

3 hours ago, JMM28 said:

My favorite is that he is always patting himself on the back and talking about how he called "so and so prospect to whatever U."  I just follow him on twitter for the giggles and I don't read any of his stuff, but a lot of the time it seems like he never actually made the call.

"Folks, I've been saying for weeks that John Doe was going to commit to Sample U."  *searches his feed for a prior mention of John Doe and finds nothing*