Home - Home with Butler

ACE

6 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

So does chaifetz money go to SLU or a private company. I'm confused 

There is a management firm that handles the booking and details so they get some cut but I also know that Biondi used the money generated from outside events to pay the bonds off for the arena.  He also took the parking and concession revenue for the same purpose.  By the way there are ways to ensure that the men basketball has plenty of options for dates.  I am sure or at least would hope they were being used.  

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

#1 for one specific one month period covering 14 events. Wonder what that translates to on a regular basis.

When I go to the restroom at games they have posters up for up coming events over the urinals and I often see the same one for several weeks.  Not sure what this tells you.

13 hours ago, cheeseman said:

When I go to the restroom at games they have posters up for up coming events over the urinals and I often see the same one for several weeks.  Not sure what this tells you.

Weeks?

13 hours ago, cheeseman said:

It means that people pee too fast to read the whole add and need to be exposed to them repeatedly.

24 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Last time SLU played at Hinkle, didn't the athletics/alumni relations department organize a bus for fans offering a ticket and ride to the game for a reasonable fee?

Yep.  I took the bus - there were actually multiple buses.  They held a party for us at a bar in Broad Ripple before the game.  Got loaded up since they don't sell beer at Hinkle.

12 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Yep.  I took the bus - there were actually multiple buses.  They held a party for us at a bar in Broad Ripple before the game.  Got loaded up since they don't sell beer at Hinkle.

What they lack in beer at Hinkle they made up in Chic-Fil-a

So, some unfortunate news scheduling wise. If you are planning on going to this game, get your hotel rooms NOW. Most rooms are already sold out, it just so happens that the B1G football championship game is in Indy on that very same day. 

Get your rooms now gentlemen. Good luck. 

10 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

So, some unfortunate news scheduling wise. If you are planning on going to this game, get your hotel rooms NOW. Most rooms are already sold out, it just so happens that the B1G football championship game is in Indy on that very same day. 

nooooooooooooo

20 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

Good on you for looking into this early, and I'll piggyback jbj -- airBnB is the way to go, in general 

hotels by the airport(8 min from downtown, 22 from butler) and up north(8 from butler, 20 from downtown) are still pretty reasonable for that weekend. 

2 hours ago, Box and Won said:

Thanks! I thought they did. Did it up there and back in the same day or did you have to stay the night?

37 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Thanks! I thought they did. Did it up there and back in the same day or did you have to stay the night?

It was a night game - we came up that afternoon and then went back home right after the game.  I was too excited to sleep.  My wife, however, was not.