Athletics Department job openings

bonwich

So this might be an interesting off-season diversion: Watch what jobs are being filled in the athletics department, what the position does, and how much they're paying. (That last one is only posted rarely; almost all are "commensurate with experience.")

Today's entry is "Associate Director - Business." https://jobs.slu.edu/postings/12174

The summary:

Under administrative direction, is responsible for the Athletics department annual operating budget, financial-aid budget, and all financial management of department; oversees audits and student-athlete insurance issues; engages in departmental game contracts, vendor management, and travel arrangements.

Among other things, this person "supports all facility management issues" and "manages game contracts and vendor relationships." So is this the liaison to the "Official Online Store," who might actually expect it to follow the standards for the University and team identities? Or who ensures that there are enough ushers and ticket-distribution points for high-attendance games? 

Requirements include master's-preferred and 5-8 years of experience, which would indicate to me the need for a decent salary to attract good candidates.

Discuss or ignore at your pleasure. :) 

Cool I got a Masters in Business and I've been involved with the most profitable AD in the Nation, University of Texas (my $200 donation is huuuge paid 2% of the cost of 1 new football locker).  So am I qualified?  I got a sweet Billiken bobble head already on my desk.

Be back from Kuwait APR 2018.  I'll be in charge of Installation Services there that includes the Gym with all kinds of sports.  Even a soccer match of Camp Team vs. Kuwaiti National Team, hit me up AD May.  Plus I got an in with the new media covering SLU, Box and I were fraternity brothers so I'll make sure his review of the food at the Fetz is complimentary.

You can't afford to not hire me.

13 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Cool I got a Masters in Business and I've been involved with the most profitable AD in the Nation, University of Texas (my $200 donation is huuuge paid 2% of the cost of 1 new football locker).  So am I qualified?  I got a sweet Billiken bobble head already on my desk.

Be back from Kuwait APR 2018.  I'll be in charge of Installation Services there that includes the Gym with all kinds of sports.  Even a soccer match of Camp Team vs. Kuwaiti National Team, hit me up AD May.  Plus I got an in with the new media covering SLU, Box and I were fraternity brothers so I'll make sure his review of the food at the Fetz is complimentary.

You can't afford to not hire me.

Nice CV. I think you've covered everything :)