OT: riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs. Sir Tristram, violer d'amores, fr'over the short sea, had passencore rearrived from North Armo

bonwich

I always thought there was a reasonable limit to thread topic titles. Then I saw Zink's go all the way to a second line. And it being the off-season, I decided to test the limits, because this is much more fun than the time-honored traditions of Mizzou v. SLU alumni counts, Big East (or Valley) fantasies and beating a dead crewsplatt. (But not Matt Dickey. There is no ceiling on Matt Dickey references.)

6 minutes ago, bonwich said:

I always thought there was a reasonable limit to thread topic titles. Then I saw Zink's go all the way to a second line. And it being the off-season, I decided to test the limits, because this is much more fun than the time-honored traditions of Mizzou v. SLU alumni counts, Big East (or Valley) fantasies and beating a dead crewsplatt. (But not Matt Dickey. There is no ceiling on Matt Dickey references.)

I'm proud to have inspired such poetry

4 minutes ago, bonwich said:

Hey Bonwich.. Jim Crews and Jim Platt were terrible. They were the epitome of bad basketball. Crews/Platt must never be forgiven and certainly NEVER FORGOTTEN.

Fire Jim Crews! Fire Jim Platt! I'll change all my profile info back to FIRE JIM CREWS if you needed it. Jim Crews was terrible. Fire him. Fire Jim Crews.

Any comment that this board has too many references to firing Jim Crews or the badness and failure of the Crewsplatt era(it was bad) is heresy. Stating that there are too many Matt Dickey references is clearly a call for shunning and potentially banning. Metz club.

3 hours ago, bonwich said:

Terrible time to give the trolls an even better way to spew their bullshiz on here.

tumblr_inline_ne43cegf7M1sb080b.gif

4 hours ago, bonwich said:

You sly dog.   I know what you did there in the title topic.  You tipped the Board of as to who the Grad Transfer  is that will be coming to SLU.

It is Finnegan from Wake...and I'll bet your source was JJ.

Thanks for the update....you are a true insider.

Really Joe?  I have to put two people in the Metz club in the span of a week.

Now you make me go dig into the settings for Forum Topic Title length....

Continuing my recent dictatorial rule, we are now going to be limited to 87 characters in titles!

12 hours ago, The Wiz said:

You sly dog.   I know what you did there in the title topic.  You tipped the Board of as to who the Grad Transfer  is that will be coming to SLU.

I thought it was an allusion to Joyce's recruiting notes from 1918:

"Sinbad the Sailor and Tinbad the Tailor and Jinbad the Jailer and Whinbad the Whaler and Ninbad the Nailer and Finbad the Failer and Binbad the Bailer and Pinbad the Pailer and Minbad the Mailer and Hinbad the Hailer and Rinbad the Railer and Dinbad the Kailer and Vinbad the Quailer and Linbad the Yailer and Xinbad the Phthailer."

On 4/24/2017 at 7:38 PM, The Wiz said:

Nah. Just an ordinary member of the Old Barnacle's Club. ;)

(Although now that we've gone in this direction, just think what we could do with "A Clockwork Orange." :D )