Semi-OT: GMU student-athlete, former SLU recruit Therence Mayimba ruled ineligible because he lied about age on dating website

Zink

I had to chuckle with great gutso about a "legitimate business" named "Fan Rag Sports."  For all I know, it could be as real as all get out but still just seeing it, without clicking on the link, brought unbridled laughter.  That's just me.

And I then checked because that is also me.  Associated Press affiliation.  Well-written article.  Author has been around and honored for some of his work.  Credible.  Raises some good points all around.  I don't get the conclusion however ...... if Mayimba lied about his age -- or even if he didn't --- what is wrong with a freshman enrolling at the age of 20?  I guess it just allows the NCAAs to being all the documents into question.  And I've never heard of anyone being permanently ineligible.  That's a new one for me. 

Lying about one's age?  Fort something as quick a fix as dating?  Or maybe alcohol?  This concept of the voluntarily and total truth would have severely limited the equally profitable yet illegal ID making business back on 4C in the mid-70's. 

8 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I had to chuckle with great gutso about a "legitimate business" named "Fan Rag Sports."  For all I know, it could be as real as all get out but still just seeing it, without clicking on the link, brought unbridled laughter.  That's just me.

And I then checked because that is also me.  Associated Press affiliation.  Well-written article.  Author has been around and honored for some of his work.  Credible.  Raises some good points all around.  I don't get the conclusion however ...... if Mayimba lied about his age -- or even if he didn't --- what is wrong with a freshman enrolling at the age of 20?  I guess it just allows the NCAAs to being all the documents into question.  And I've never heard of anyone being permanently ineligible.  That's a new one for me. 

Lying about one's age?  Fort something as quick a fix as dating?  Or maybe alcohol?  This concept of the voluntarily and total truth would have severely limited the equally profitable yet illegal ID making business back on 4C in the mid-70's. 

Fan rag is Jon Rothsteins new venture

Seriously?  Again, I laughed pretty hard at the title but it was a good read.  Not sure it is all true but it was seemingly done well.  And the author ain't me so that's good.