Elliot Welmer

25 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

What a silly post. Not everyone can have a significant role anymore. I don't know what you people on here don't get. There has to be people who don't get playing time or a significant role. It's not because they aren't good players, it's because the coach has better talent to put on the court 

Just a matter of semantics.  You don't necessarily have to play lots of minutes to be an important member of the team.  The great thing about this roster is that there will be genuine competition for playing time.  Welmer has some attributes that are lacking on this team - a big who can shoot from the outside.  I also believe his athleticism is better that most give him credit for.  Yes, he can definitely help this team.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Billikenswin said:

I know for a fact that Coach Ford was extremely positive about Elliot's development and contribution as the season ended. The new injury to the sme foot is a tough break for EW but if he heals well I am sure he will have a place on the team. 

Is it the same foot? I thought it was the other foot.

58 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Welmer probably won't be a starter again. He will have a role, just not a significant one

Will ANYONE on this board who, one year ago today, saw Welmer as a starter in every game last year raise your hand and state "called it".   Hmm. No hands going up. To proclaim starters for next season, when the roster isn't even set, is premature. 

1 hour ago, juniorbill76 said:

Wait, isn't he already part of this team?

Of course he is on the team....but he wouldn't if many on this board had their way.  I don't get the constant berating of a freshman who has a good skill set and can definitely help this team the next 3 years. 

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

If Welmer is the first big off the bench this year, that's a pretty significant role. 

French, Johnson, Foreman, Welmer and maybe Bess for our bigs next year. Much more likely Welmer can get playing time pending injury over the HUGE competition there will be for the guard roles. However coming off the 2nd surgery in 2 years will not be putting him in an off the bench type roll next year. If he can't play next year he will be holding a scholarship for 6 years for SLU. I do really like him though and hope the surgery is minor, just trying to be realistic with his future PT

10 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Will ANYONE on this board who, one year ago today, saw Welmer as a starter in every game last year raise your hand and state "called it".   Hmm. No hands going up. To proclaim starters for next season, when the roster isn't even set, is premature. 

Sorry I called this.

On 4/22/2017 at 8:58 PM, Old guy said:

Now, come on Cheeseman what kind of a crystal ball ju ju do you have going that allows you to state this drivel with certainty. You saw Welmer play this year, he is good, he could have made the difference between 11 games and 15 or 18 games won in 2015-2016. At any rate, it is all a matter of could, there is no way to know because if just did not happen.  

Crews did not have the horses or the capacity to have a measure of success WITHOUT WELMER actively playing. You cannot prove that what you  are saying is true, as much as I cannot prove that what I am saying is true either. Why? because it did not happen. We will never know for sure.

As you said about me can say about you - you can not prove your position either.  So there we are both even now.  I would suggest that it is OK for someone to disagree with you without you having a cow.  I realize that you probably are not use to others thinking differently then you but try.