Board change request

From looking at all of the out of control threads, I had a suggestion for the board.  Would it be possible to set limits on the amount of posts anyone could make per week or month?  Maybe it could be limited to 30 per month.  That way, it forces individuals to really focus on the topics that are important, and to avoid wasteful posting. Also, it would be ideal if there was a rating system whereby individuals could obtain more post amounts with higher ratings.  Of course, less posts with a worse rating.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

From looking at all of the out of control threads, I had a suggestion for the board.  Would it be possible to set limits on the amount of posts anyone could make per week or month?  Maybe it could be limited to 30 per month.  That way, it forces individuals to really focus on the topics that are important, and to avoid wasteful posting. Also, it would be ideal if there was a rating system whereby individuals could obtain more post amounts with higher ratings.  Of course, less posts with a worse rating.

That would be the death of game-day threads.

40 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

From looking at all of the out of control threads, I had a suggestion for the board.  Would it be possible to set limits on the amount of posts anyone could make per week or month?  Maybe it could be limited to 30 per month.  That way, it forces individuals to really focus on the topics that are important, and to avoid wasteful posting. Also, it would be ideal if there was a rating system whereby individuals could obtain more post amounts with higher ratings.  Of course, less posts with a worse 

th (9).jpg

2 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Geez, only one post per day? I say no limit and use the ignore function when needed.

Just now, Billikenbooster said:

I have put GD13 on ignore today and it is sooo much nicer.

Is there any way we can look at how many on the Board have put certain posters on ignore?  I wonder if Tilkowski or GD13 lead the pack?

mhg

Lol well I found out where Pickett and Mark Smith is going today. But y'all would rather talk about Zeke still so I guess you guys can wait

2 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

Is there any way we can look at how many on the Board have put certain posters on ignore?  I wonder if Tilkowski or GD13 lead the pack?

mhg

Those two are my only Ignores. 

27 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Lol well I found out where Pickett and Mark Smith is going today. But y'all would rather talk about Zeke still so I guess you guys can wait

I would say comments like that make you seem about 7 years old..but that would be an insult to even a 7 year old brat.  You are embarrassing yourself.

1 hour ago, Billikenbooster said:

mhg

What I wish was that ignored-posters' content would be blocked in quoted replies, like on the A-10 board.  I suspect it would be a board privacy violation to reveal how many people have blocked a poster.

Not only was Gorydaze the one who bashed Zeke in the thread about where he was transferring, but after Zeke's dad showed up to defend him Gorydaze claimed it somehow proved him right. Now Gorydaze brings Zeke up again in another totally unrelated thread, while claiming other people are the reason Zeke keeps being discussed.

uzepiT.gif

6 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I'm done talking about Zeke and all the other 2*s you guys obsess about. Ford is bringing SLU to an era Saint Louis hasn't seen in a long time. Two top 100 recruits for 2017 and more on the way. Different times. I won't waste my breathe on any other  2*s Ford won't look at anymore. 

Then why did you bring Moore up yet again in another thread where nobody had even mentioned him? It's like you can't control yourself...

6 hours ago, slufanskip said:

We will take this up at the next OBC meeting. However, don't get your hopes up. 

I have struggled to limit people's posts with the new forum software....but lets see if I was able to get it right this time...even without and OBC meeting