30 for 30 Calipari

brianstl

6 minutes ago, abas115 said:

There has never been a BAD 30 for 30, too bad Netflix took em off their library. Where were ya'll watching this?

The one about the development of fantasy baseball was bad. Otherwise I agree.

Watching it on ESPN. Looks like there is one on the Celtics vs. Lakers in the mid 80s coming out in June (during the NBA finals I believe). that one should be great.

6 hours ago, thetorch said:

Although I hate Calipari, Marcus Camby is one of my favorite players of all time.

Also, I used to love watching Roe, Weeks, Barbee, Williams and Travieso. Plus, it was fun to watch Cal get under the skin of Chaney.

I suspect many people on this board are too young or new to the program to know this, but SLU played that UMass team during the 94-95 season. It was a double header played at the brand new Savvis as part of a Great Midwest vs. A-10 challenge. The undercard was Marquette vs. Temple with SLU and Umass being the big draw. Camby got hurt right before the game but UMass still beat us by 6 or something as Roe was too tough on the inside. That was Claggs, Highmark and H's senior year and the place was rocking. Pretty sure its the only Billikens game Dick Vitale has ever done. 

7 hours ago, thetorch said:

Although I hate Calipari, Marcus Camby is one of my favorite players of all time.

Probably the most under-appreciated story of that '96 UMass team was the Puerto Rican-born back court of Edgar Padilla and Carmello Travieso. The first time any Final Four team had two Latin American players. Both represented their country at the Olympic Games in Atlanta later that summer.

39 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Also, I used to love watching Roe, Weeks, Barbee, Williams and Travieso. Plus, it was fun to watch Cal get under the skin of Chaney.

How can you mention Travieso without his backcourt mate Edgar Padilla. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

Probably the most under-appreciated story of that '96 UMass team was the Puerto Rican-born back court of Edgar Padilla and Carmello Travieso. The first time any Final Four team had two Latin American players. Both represented their country at the Olympic Games in Atlanta later that summer.

Beat me to it...loved those guys