A10 Decommits/Transfers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Anthony Grant was unable to persuade signee McKinley Wright (PG/2.5*) from decommitting to Dayton. Also lost battle with Nahziah Carter (SF/3*).  Carter must've reclassified a she went from signed to interest.  Yet he is listed in class of 2018 now and you can't have a signed recruit out prior to the November of their senior year.  Hmmm.

At Duquesne, looks like Rene Castro is also transferring out like Isiaha Mike.  Castro already transferred once, from Butler to Duquesne.  Maybe he'll be likely immediately eligible as a grad transfer.  Wasn't too impressed with him to begin with.  Also losing Nakye Sanders. 

Geedubya now seeing Jordan Roland and Collin Goss transferring.  Plus Jared Sina went pro.  Not a lot returning there now outside of Watanabe.

A lot of experience gone at Fordham with Sengfelder and Anderson transferring.  He's going to need bodies now.  Waiting on Santos may not be a luxury he can afford.

Umass is losing Donte Clark and Zach Coleman.

Rhoades has lost signee Mayan Kiir and rececived a decommit from 2018 (SF/3.3*) Kenny Easley, Jr. along with already losing Lavar Batts Jr to NC State at VCU.

And Bonnies guard Jaylen Adams is testing draft waters; Schmidt losing him is a game and roster changer at Olean.

Lots of backlash going on what with all the coaching changes.

40 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Carter must've reclassified a she went from signed to interest.  Yet he is listed in class of 2018 now and you can't have a signed recruit out prior to the November of their senior year.  Hmmm.

Taj, I know your typing skills are suspect, but you might want to review before posting sometimes.  It looks like you're saying Carter is coming out as a transgender female!  (Yeah, I know you meant to say, "as he.")

Sorry.  I couldn't resist this one.

UMass are also losing Lewis and Berger.  Clark is just declared for the NBA draft and has not officially announced a transfer (as noted by ACE there are people who have reported he will leave but nothing is final yet).   I wonder if they lose Lewis and Clark on a western trek?  Anyway, there are more rumblings about other players leaving UMass (McCall specifically mentioned some unnamed players not showing up for team meetings) but there are also rumblings like here about getting some transfers (one of the many Memphis transfers is rumored to be favoring UMass).

21 minutes ago, ACE said:

Jack Whitman, the grad transfer big from William and Mary I mentioned a while back, will be visiting GW. 

A lot can still happen, but at this point it looks like most A-10 teams will be worse next year.

That's a mixed blessing. While it makes is easier for us, we've got to see the A10 remain it's rep as one of the high mid major hoops league that regularly gets 3-5 teams in the dance. Losing coaches like Miller and Wade are to be expected, and you can bet we'll be sweating it out with Travis Ford after a successful season or two. Hopefully, the guys that replace them can recruit like their predecessors and produce teams that perform up to their traditional levels. We don't want to play in an MVC or CAA type league.

18 minutes ago, slu72 said:

That's a mixed blessing. While it makes is easier for us, we've got to see the A10 remain it's rep as one of the high mid major hoops league that regularly gets 3-5 teams in the dance. Losing coaches like Miller and Wade are to be expected, and you can bet we'll be sweating it out with Travis Ford after a successful season or two. Hopefully, the guys that replace them can recruit like their predecessors and produce teams that perform up to their traditional levels. We don't want to play in an MVC or CAA type league.

It is too early to make any judgements on next season.  There are many moving parts, players transferring out and others coming in.  For every player leaving, another one is coming in.  There will be more transfers announced when schools are out for the summer.  Remember Bartley and Jolly announced they were leaving in mid summer.  Most of the players being looking to be evaluated at the NBA will be coming back.  

Signed, Captain Obvious

But most of the players transferring IN to A10 schools will have to sit a year. Plus DU and VCU, if I'm not mistaken, have lost some serious commits and two of the league's best coaches,. So, Captain Obvious, even to the casual observer you have to think the A10 will be in a down year. Good for SLU and Travis, not so good for the conference. And please list the NBA type players that will be playing in the A10 next year.

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

But most of the players transferring IN to A10 schools will have to sit a year. Plus DU and VCU, if I'm not mistaken, have lost some serious commits and two of the league's best coaches,. So, Captain Obvious, even to the casual observer you have to think the A10 will be in a down year. Good for SLU and Travis, not so good for the conference. And please list the NBA type players that will be playing in the A10 next year.

How many guys were sitting out this year a la Bess, Foreman and AD?  I don't know either. 

21 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Looks like Anthony Grant was unable to persuade signee McKinley Wright (PG/2.5*) from decommitting to Dayton. Also lost battle with Nahziah Carter (SF/3*).  Carter must've reclassified a she went from signed to interest.  Yet he is listed in class of 2018 now and you can't have a signed recruit out prior to the November of their senior year.  Hmmm.

At Duquesne, looks like Rene Castro is also transferring out like Isiaha Mike.  Castro already transferred once, from Butler to Duquesne.  Maybe he'll be likely immediately eligible as a grad transfer.  Wasn't too impressed with him to begin with.  Also losing Nakye Sanders. 

Geedubya now seeing Jordan Roland and Collin Goss transferring.  Plus Jared Sina went pro.  Not a lot returning there now outside of Watanabe.

A lot of experience gone at Fordham with Sengfelder and Anderson transferring.  He's going to need bodies now.  Waiting on Santos may not be a luxury he can afford.

Umass is losing Donte Clark and Zach Coleman.

Rhoades has lost signee Mayan Kiir and rececived a decommit from 2018 (SF/3.3*) Kenny Easley, Jr. along with already losing Lavar Batts Jr to NC State at VCU.

And Bonnies guard Jaylen Adams is testing draft waters; Schmidt losing him is a game and roster changer at Olean.

Lots of backlash going on what with all the coaching changes.

That is a terrific typo.  I had to check and make sure the kid wasn't transitioning to ROCK the woman's ncaa!

20 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Taj, I know your typing skills are suspect, but you might want to review before posting sometimes.  It looks like you're saying Carter is coming out as a transgender female!  (Yeah, I know you meant to say, "as he.")

Sorry.  I couldn't resist this one.

Wow I was only 20 hours late to that party.....

Updates:  Fordham transfer Christian Sengfelder has landed at Boise State.  Nice upgrade for the kid. 

VCU four-star recruit Mayan Kiir, who committed to Wade at VCU and then decomitted on Wade going to LSU has once again recommitted --- to Wade at LSU.

Umass small forward Seth Berger has transferred and signed with Oregon State.  Both Georges .. Washington and Mason -- got two star signed LOIs. Mason's kid is 6'8" and weighs 230 already as a freshman. 

As for transfers ala our guys at SLU, I see where the Bonnies (SG from Edinboro College) have one and so does Richmond (also SG from Virginia Union) but the others are grad transfers like the kids (5) at Fordham, the Bonnies, Geedubya, Richmond and Duquesne.  I know my source is not complete; we are not listed with Henriquez or Graves.  Also there are potential outliers like the Antentokounmpo kid at Dayton.  But I don't see anyone in the neighborhood where we are.  Most are just simple redshirts.

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Updates:  Fordham transfer Christian Sengfelder has landed at Boise State.  Nice upgrade for the kid. 

VCU four-star recruit Mayan Kiir, who committed to Wade at VCU and then decomitted on Wade going to LSU has once again recommitted --- to Wade at LSU.

Umass small forward Seth Berger has transferred and signed with Oregon State.  Both Georges .. Washington and Mason -- got two star signed LOIs. Mason's kid is 6'8" and weighs 230 already as a freshman. 

As for transfers ala our guys at SLU, I see where the Bonnies (SG from Edinboro College) have one and so does Richmond (also SG from Virginia Union) but the others are grad transfers like the kids (5) at Fordham, the Bonnies, Geedubya, Richmond and Duquesne.  I know my source is not complete; we are not listed with Henriquez or Graves.  Also there are potential outliers like the Antentokounmpo kid at Dayton.  But I don't see anyone in the neighborhood where we are.  Most are just simple redshirts.

Surprised VCU let the kid out of his LOI without the condition that he can not sign with LSU.

Evans is originally from Richmond and signed with Rhoades to go to Rice.  Ergo, both return.  Not surprising.  He's a 6'2" guard who averaged about 22 ppg his freshman year and then 19 ppg last year.  Will of course sit out a year and be a junior next year.  Basically a zero-sum-gain for the Rams as they continue to reel from graduation and decommits from Wade's recruits.  Still a lineup of Williams, Tillman, Doughty and Jenkins and that is it.

Crosby's transfer is huge as he was/is the only point guar don the roster.  Darryl Davis has shown nothing outside the ability to launch threes.  He makes them well enough but now has no one to get his the ball.   Complicating this is the fact that McKinley Wright, a high-ranking Minnesota point, has dropped his commitment and now lists Dayton with Medium interest.  New coach Anthony Grant doesn't have a back up offer on the books and hasn't even offered anyone since taking over at Dayton. 

Zach Lewis, the transfer out of Umass, will go to Iona and be immediately eligible. 

I think it will be interesting to see what Romar adds to Sean Miller's staff at Zona.

VCU seems to be reloading with grad transfers for next year after losing 2 top 100 recruits. Solid strategy this late in the game I think. A good VCU will only help the A10 and SLU next year.

Duquesne surprisingly looks to have a very different roster next year as well with five new players committed. 

I don't see what you see with your VCU/grad transfers statement.  I must've missed something.  I see they have an offer out to Khris Lane but other than that, their offers are to two JUCOs and the kid from Rice who will have to sit a year.  I also disagree with the A10 writer's statement made in the A10/AAC article where VCU has a rising groups of sophomores.  Samir Doughty was the only one who really contributed and I expect his 9 ppg and other numbers to go up.  Jenkins, the #7 rated small forward last year coming in,was a four-star bust (but had injuries) and Crowfield and Fraser were no shows for the entire season.  I see VCU down this year with reliance only on Williams, Tillman and Doughty.  They are hurting this year as far as the national scene goes.  In the A10, they might be okay in this a down year.  Interesting that they offered the Duquesne decommit; is that good or bad?

I believe Duquesne will be perpetually in that rut of teams that the current world has passed by.  Duquesne.  La Salle.  DePaul.  Iona.  Cornell.  Bonaventure.  Houston.  Tulane.  Penn.  Indiana State.  Quite possibly us if we don't improve and stay improved soon.  The Duquesne phenomena is kind of the same thing we will hav ethis coming year with our influx of transfers and freshmen --- only I expect bigger and better thigns from our guys versus the usual Duquesne two-star turnover.