Missouri Post-Dispatch

bauman

4 hours ago, MUTGR said:

Well, at least he actually coached basketball and was not a truck driver, like Danny Manning's father at KU back in the day. 

I hate this reference to Ed Manning, Danny's dad. Do you realize that he had a nine year NBA-ABA career and was a solid contributor on 2 very good Carolina Cougars teams who finished those years a total of 40 games over .500? Incidentally, his coach those two years was none other than Larry Brown.

5 hours ago, MUTGR said:

That's why you see miles and miles of tiger tails heading west on 70 every football Saturday.  Sorry, the whole state is Mizzou country, definitely including St. Louis. You're going to see more and more of that for basketball now too. 

The traffic is going to worse on 70 on Saturdays this season with all the NCAA investigators heading to COMO.

I can understand fandom for mizzou with it being the only football program for hours for Missouri residents. I can also understand non slu grads being fans of a school they pay taxes for that also represents their state. That said, this next year can pull a lot of dissapointed mizzou fans to slu when mizzou fails to meet the expectations they have now. SLU has a much more solid future it seems now, where mizzou can crumble post Porter Jr. 

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

The traffic is going to worse on 70 on Saturdays this season with all the NCAA investigators heading to COMO.

But you don't hate Mizzou.  Good thing. I'm kind of like you I guess. I don't hate SLU, but SLU fans are something else (at least as represented on this message board). Good luck on your future. Maybe the rumors about Gordon aren't true and you'll be okay. Or your conference won't blow up.  Or Ford won't have one good year and bail. 

3 hours ago, billikenbill said:

I hate this reference to Ed Manning, Danny's dad. Do you realize that he had a nine year NBA-ABA career and was a solid contributor on 2 very good Carolina Cougars teams who finished those years a total of 40 games over .500? Incidentally, his coach those two years was none other than Larry Brown.

I do believe his occupation was truck driver before the recruitment of his son to KU.  At least MPS was coaching college basketball. 

19 minutes ago, MUTGR said:

But you don't hate Mizzou.  Good thing. I'm kind of like you I guess. I don't hate SLU, but SLU fans are something else (at least as represented on this message board). Good luck on your future. Maybe the rumors about Gordon aren't true and you'll be okay. Or your conference won't blow up.  Or Ford won't have one good year and bail. 

This is your Friday night ?????

Wow MU. I used to appreciate sparring with you from time to time but it's kind of pathetic of you to show up and start talking trash at this point.  Get a great recruit to renege on a commitment and a decent coach and then come here and talk trash?  Really?  MU has been a dumpster fire for years and hasn't even stopped smoking and you're talking smack..... Just sad.....

7 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

god this is bringing me back to the Haith days. That's almost as good as the Kim Anderson days, or the Coked Out Quin Days. 

I can't wait for this to blow up. Going to be spectacular. 

Crews, Soderberg, Ecker, whatever. What would be hard for me is to name the conferences you've been in the last 30 years. Wowza. 

Just now, Billiken Rich said:

Wow MU. I used to appreciate sparring with you from time to time but it's kind of pathetic of you to show up and start talking trash at this point.  Get a great recruit to renege on a commitment and a decent coach and then come here and talk trash?  Really?  MU has been a dumpster fire for years and hasn't even stopped smoking and you're talking smack..... Just sad.....

I'm just trolling. Not necessarily for you.  Some of you are pretty good guys from what I can tell. I was actually joking about this. 

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

He is pumped. He just got off the phone with the guy that makes the Dayton preseason championship banners.  He placed a big order.

I've been trolling for a big fish who doesn't seem to bite anymore. Pity. We used to have some times. 

On 4/7/2017 at 0:06 PM, MUTGR said:

That's why you see miles and miles of tiger tails heading west on 70 every football Saturday.  Sorry, the whole state is Mizzou country, definitely including St. Louis. You're going to see more and more of that for basketball now too. 

Keep going. Maybe by posting here enough you'll convince yourself Mizzou fans still give half a $hit about basketball. A month ago the average Mizzou alum in StL didn't even realize b-ball survived the move to the SEC.

Now KC on the other hand is full of b-ball fans. Trouble is the vast majority wear blue and red.

Yep.  Mizzou basketball did not survive the move to the SEC.  Without Kansas as a rival, it just is not as much fun.  Coupled with the fact that Mizzou has been an NCAA scandal magnet, no one is interested.  I used to be a casual Mizzou fan , but not really any more.  Things can change.  We will see.

Among the many things tweeted today by Dave Matter of the SPUMAC Post-Dispatch was this little tidbit

Martin consulted Jim Crews when putting his staff together. Hollender worked under him at Evansville

Mizzou now carries the curse of Crews.

2 replies2 retweets5 likes