Missouri Post-Dispatch

bauman

When did the St Louis P-D become an arm of the Missouri Athletic Dept.?  It is amazing opening the sports page everyday and getting more SPUMAC related recruiting articles.  Since Martin was hired it's like he is in charge of the daily content.  Long articles on Martin's hire, his hiring the best Asst available (:lol::D:P) from the Washington staff, the possibility of MP Jr. possibly signing on with the Tigers, then the surprixe announcement that MP Jr. is signing on with the Tigers, then a long story on the recruit from Texas staying with the program, then the really long story of CM's growing up in ESL appearing just about the same time as JT's reneging on his LOI, then two-three stories on the recruiting of Knox, the Fla player, then.................!  When will it stop?  It has really gotten out of hand.  It now appears that D Matter is the lead writer for the P-D Sports section.

After reading all this, I'm waiting for CM, to be declared CBB HC of the year, even before the season starts.

5 minutes ago, bauman said:

When did the St Louis P-D become an arm of the Missouri Athletic Dept.?  It is amazing opening the sports page everyday and getting more SPUMAC related recruiting articles.  Since Martin was hired it's like he is in charge of the daily content.  Long articles on Martin's hire, his hiring the best Asst available (:lol::D:P) from the Washington staff, the possibility of MP Jr. possibly signing on with the Tigers, then the surprixe announcement that MP Jr. is signing on with the Tigers, then a long story on the recruit from Texas staying with the program, then the really long story of CM's growing up in ESL appearing just about the same time as JT's reneging on his LOI, then two-three stories on the recruiting of Knox, the Fla player, then.................!  When will it stop?  It has really gotten out of hand.  It now appears that D Matter is the lead writer for the P-D Sports section.

After reading all this, I'm waiting for CM, to be declared CBB HC of the year, even before the season starts.

Because St. Louis is Mizzou country. Isn't it great? 

3 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Boone County, Missouri is Mizzou Country.

That's why you see miles and miles of tiger tails heading west on 70 every football Saturday.  Sorry, the whole state is Mizzou country, definitely including St. Louis. You're going to see more and more of that for basketball now too. 

3 minutes ago, MUTGR said:

That's why you see miles and miles of tiger tails heading west on 70 every football Saturday.  Sorry, the whole state is Mizzou country, definitely including St. Louis. You're going to see more and more of that for basketball now too. 

What a brave guy. He's been hiding for years. :lol:

6 minutes ago, bonwich said:

We should move to the Valley. 

While the Blue ink is duly noted, I told a Valley guy from Bradley this morning that the Valley should make SLU an offer.  I can think of a few carrots that they could offer.  If they don't ask, the answer is always No.

(No, I do not support SLU reverting to the Valley).  Mizzou would be a good Valley candidate, "like minded institutions."

7 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

St. Louis U is a National University of Global Reach.

How's the NCAA investigation going out there in COMO?

To be followed up by a second investigation once the SURPRISE announcement of JT signing with his fellow ESL native is made.  I wonder how long the really well qualified AC, MP Sr. lasts at SPUMAC after he runs out of kids to funnel into a program.  I guess his multiple years as an AC on his sister-in-laws women's team really qualified him to be a Asst Coach at UW and MU.  He is nothing more than a whare (sp)^_^, feeding off his children.

16 minutes ago, MUTGR said:

Because St. Louis is Mizzou country. Isn't it great? 

Your Gabe Power Missouri guy, yesterday with Frank C., had an interesting comment.  [If you don't believe this go back and listen to the podcast.]  Gabe P said Missouri is evaluating the GPA's of the guys they are tossing off the team.  Something like if more than 2 players with GPA's under 2.65 aren't coming back (thrown off the bus) Missouri could be below the NCAA magic line and ineligible for the NCAA tourney in Porter's one season.  They apparently have people actually studying this to determine who stays and who goes.

What's up with that?  Kick the smart guys off the team.  So if you aren't up to the task of maintaining good grades, Martin has a spot for you on the team?  Really shocked that your shill mentioned this.

20 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

St. Louis U is a National University of Global Reach.

How's the NCAA investigation going out there in COMO?

It's going so well it played no factor in our search for a new coach.  Thanks for asking.  Mizzou is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities and has an accredited medical school. 

15 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Your Gabe Power Missouri guy, yesterday with Frank C., had an interesting comment.  [If you don't believe this go back and listen to the podcast.]  Gabe P said Missouri is evaluating the GPA's of the guys they are tossing off the team.  Something like if more than 2 players with GPA's under 2.65 aren't coming back (thrown off the bus) Missouri could be below the NCAA magic line and ineligible for the NCAA tourney in Porter's one season.  They apparently have people actually studying this to determine who stays and who goes.

What's up with that?  Kick the smart guys off the team.  So if you aren't up to the task of maintaining good grades, Martin has a spot for you on the team?  Really shocked that your shill mentioned this.

I'm not a subscriber to Power Mizzou so he isn't my shill.  

18 minutes ago, bauman said:

To be followed up by a second investigation once the SURPRISE announcement of JT signing with his fellow ESL native is made.  I wonder how long the really well qualified AC, MP Sr. lasts at SPUMAC after he runs out of kids to funnel into a program.  I guess his multiple years as an AC on his sister-in-laws women's team really qualified him to be a Asst Coach at UW and MU.  He is nothing more than a whare (sp)^_^, feeding off his children.

Well, at least he actually coached basketball and was not a truck driver, like Danny Manning's father at KU back in the day. 

Let's be fair about a few things:

1.  There has been a lot to report about Mizzou basketball lately.  There has not been much to report about SLU basketball since the season ended, other than our transfers.

2. Ford would have hired Porter as an assistant to get his kids if that was a possibility.  Also, we would have been ecstatic about that development.

Having said the above, it would not surprise me that Mizzou gets more love from the Post in the future.  A lot of journalists went there.  Also, the stories that come out of Mizzou are more interesting in the same way that a Real Housewives show is more interesting than Meet the Press.

59 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

This was on the radio.  So what's up with tossing smart players under the bus?

I'm not aware of the facts of that situation, if it is true, and have no comment on it. I honestly don't even know how APR works because it doesn't interest me.  

1 hour ago, MUTGR said:

Well, at least he actually coached basketball and was not a truck driver, like Danny Manning's father at KU back in the day. 

The only thing separating Porter from Manning is that Porter has used multiple children to advance his career, while Manning only had one.  Unless MP Sr is producing anymore kids, his value to any CBB team will be zero once MP Jr. and Jontay leave the storied SPUMAC basketball program. 

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

This was on the radio.  So what's up with tossing smart players under the bus?

It's not a unique situation to Mizzou, as APR affects all teams and their transfers the same way. The reason it's such a big issue now though is because of how much exodus their was when KA was hired. Those transfers put mizzou in a more precarious spot APR wise.

55 minutes ago, cheesycow said:

It's not a unique situation to Mizzou, as APR affects all teams and their transfers the same way. The reason it's such a big issue now though is because of how much exodus their was when KA was hired. Those transfers put mizzou in a more precarious spot APR wise.

OHMYGODITHOUGHTYOUWEREDEADORSOMETHING

4 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I can't imagine being so lonely that I visit and post on another team's message board 

4 hours ago, ACE said:

What a brave guy. He's been hiding for years. :lol:

Well done here ?? 

3 hours ago, MUTGR said:

2 hours ago, MUTGR said:

I'm not aware of the facts of that situation, if it is true, and have no comment on it. I honestly don't even know how APR works because it doesn't interest me.  

a.) set a lower bar. also great imagining all those years mu must've whined and complained about the manning hire only to be real copacetic with it now (obviously, who wouldn't be)

b.) 

IMG_9329.GIF