JT requests Release from NLI

56 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

So is it that Porter Sr got the job or the pay he is receiving..or both?  Either way...if that is what is considered sleazy these next 6-7 months in here will be awesome to read.  But back to the actual thread.  Let's say Tilmon goes to Mizzou.  With the buzz Mark Smith is getting now (Duke, UK, Mich St) and Tilmon possibly playing in the SEC, Big 12, or ACC does Jordan or Gordon rethink their decisions??  I know Jordan believes he is better than Smith and Tilmon.  And Gordon...he's top 20 in the country.  If Mizzou comes in and steals the local shine...what happens then?  

What if they get Tilmon and have Porter or even Knox and because the only school the past 5 years that had 2 top nine kids and didn't do well the next year was a Martin coached Cal team so Mizzou doesn't even make the tournament.  Will top kids from St. Louis think twice before going to Mizzou?  What if the year after that the NCAA finishes their investigation and determines that Mizzou did cheat academically including in basketball and Mizzou is banned from the postseason and loses some scholarships.  

On the other side, what if since Goodwin has tweeted several time about how SLU is going to be back, SLU out performs expectations next year and makes the tournament then become a top team the year after that with Gordon.  What if then the Big East expands and SLU in then invited into that conference.   What if people find that a Billiken actually exists and then he is the mascot on the sidelines when SLU get to a final 4 with a Goodwin led team.  

What ifs are fun.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Westy03 said:

I don't know maybe recruit different players. Or just fold the program. You sure like to bring these scenarios up for some reason.  

Coach314 has been not so subtly suggesting that Gordon is going to flip to mizzou for some time now. He may end up being right but he's also a major douch* for coming on here, acting like he's neutral between SLU and mizzou, and keep laying the groundwork on Gordon so that he can say "I told you so" later.

What if 2018 is the third straight year of the #1 pick in the draft never sniffing the NCAA tournament? 

What if SLU makes the NCAA this year?

What happens when Mizzou spends yet another year as 3rd or 4th best team in their own state? 

I never thought I'd long for the days of SLU to the MVC debates. 

It is interesting that the local coaches don't have the "SLU should take my D2 talent because they're local" anymore. Maybe this is the new version of that? 

Guys, this is plainly ridiculous. You are not talking about recruiting, you are talking about playing chess with a much enlarged board, a much larger number of pieces, and unrestricted movements allowed. As a good professional player you have to calculate every possible movement the opposition can make at least 5 times in advance. If you care to think about it, this entails a huge number of different moves which increase exponentially as the number of plays advances. Worse, you have to figure out how to counter all possible moves that you have decided may be put in action. 

Let's face it guys, you  are not professional chess players, you cannot play multiple boards at the same time with your eyes covered and win. You do not have the slightest idea as to what anyone will wind up doing. You think they may do what you think you might do in their shoes and given the opportunity, however, they are not you. Some of the characters in this drama may be just like you, others may be the opposite of you. There is no way for you to know which is the case, and there is no way for you to anticipate every move all of these people will make 5 turns in advance. Give it up and have a good night sleep. Do  not waste time worrying yourselves sick as to what Goodwin or Gordon may do. We will find out, absolutely for sure, when the time comes to find out, that is after they make their moves, if they do make their moves. 

16 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Guys, this is plainly ridiculous. You are not talking about recruiting, you are talking about playing chess with a much enlarged board, a much larger number of pieces, and unrestricted movements allowed. As a good professional player you have to calculate every possible movement the opposition can make at least 5 times in advance. If you care to think about it, this entails a huge number of different moves which increase exponentially as the number of plays advances. Worse, you have to figure out how to counter all possible moves that you have decided may be put in action. 

Let's face it guys, you  are not professional chess players, you cannot play multiple boards at the same time with your eyes covered and win. You do not have the slightest idea as to what anyone will wind up doing. You think they may do what you think you might do in their shoes and given the opportunity, however, they are not you. Some of the characters in this drama may be just like you, others may be the opposite of you. There is no way for you to know which is the case, and there is no way for you to anticipate every move all of these people will make 5 turns in advance. Give it up and have a good night sleep. Do  not waste time worrying yourselves sick as to what Goodwin or Gordon may do. We will find out, absolutely for sure, when the time comes to find out, that is after they make their moves, if they do make their moves. 

What?

On 4/15/2017 at 9:13 AM, Coach314 said:

Gordon and Thatch haven't signed yet. As we have seen...kids change their mind.  It's cool not to care about Mizzou..but what if one of next years commits has a change of heart and wants to go to Mizzou.  Will you care then?

On 4/15/2017 at 10:01 AM, Coach314 said:

I don't have any motives lol.  Just a basketball fan.  But if it makes you uncomfortable i won't discuss it again. Enjoy your Saturday

coach what happened you were doing so well 

IMG_9449.GIF

13 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

coach what happened you were doing so well 

IMG_9449.GIF

I got tired of reading nonsense and i was compelled to respond.  Alternative timelines of how Porter Sr got his job. The morality of offering the job.  Back and forth...it ends then starts up again.

Great Gif tho lol. One of my favorite shows.  I just gave a very real possibility about players.  Not to say "i told you so" but to add to the conversation on Tilmon receiving his release and what could possibly happen next.  I am neutral to the schools...i will watch and root for both.  Why? Because i am a bigger fan of the boys than the schools. I want to see THEM do well.  But i will go back to reading your speculation and misinformation that fills these posts. I will post only positive posts about SLU. Here's one...SLU has done an awesome job of "recruiting" Gordon.  Enjoy your night everyone.

Good "what if" scenarios by the way.  Lol

10 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I got tired of reading nonsense and i was compelled to respond.  Alternative timelines of how Porter Sr got his job. The morality of offering the job.  Back and forth...it ends then starts up again.

Great Gif tho lol. One of my favorite shows.  I just gave a very real possibility about players.  Not to say "i told you so" but to add to the conversation on Tilmon receiving his release and what could possibly happen next.  I am neutral to the schools...i will watch and root for both.  Why? Because i am a bigger fan of the boys than the schools. I want to see THEM do well.  But i will go back to reading your speculation and misinformation that fills these posts. I will post only positive posts about SLU. Here's one...SLU has done an awesome job of "recruiting" Gordon.  Enjoy your night everyone.

explain 

8 hours ago, Coach314 said:

See you say you have want to see them do well and care about the kid but what you posted had nothing to do with that.  All you said was would Goodwin and Gordon rethink their decision based on what school Tilmon and Smith go to.  Just because Smith may go to a better basketball school in a better conference doesn't necessarily mean that's the correct fit for him or would be for Gordon or Goodwin.  Maybe you should read Malcolm Gladwell's book David and Goliath where it talks about kids going to the best college they can get into and that isn't always the best choice for them as they become the little fish in a big pond compared to going to not as elite of a college and they get to be the big fish.  It's a better environment for them to thrive in and succeed.  

Perhaps Gordon would be best at a smaller school with Tate and a short drive from home compared to at least a couple hours away in a large public school. I don't know but throwing out wild speculation about kids transferring to Mizzou or another school to me doesn't show you care what's best for the kid. 

8 hours ago, Coach314 said:

If you are tired of it then stop initiating it.  The pro Missouri crap and the insinuation that SLU may lose top recruits was always going to get a negative response.  Take that garbage to powermizzou....you will be a hero there.

First let me say, if I was in Martin's shoes I'd have hired dad to get son. I'd have overpaid him if necessary. It's within the NCAA rules. Sleazy, not sleazy, ,,, who gives a f..k? Seriously what difference does it make? It's legal and there would be over 300 other schools willing to do it if Mizzou didn't.

Second lets quit pretending Dad got the job based upon his work as a coach. He didn't. Name me the other coaches who went from a dba of a women's program to a woman's assistant coach to a highly paid men's assistant in a power 5 conference within a few years.. Without his son would he even be sniffing this job? No, hell no.

Agree sulfan, I think the real issue will be whether or not Mizzou can get value out of Porter as an assistant coach, and out of his kids' performance in court, that will justify the expenditure. This remains to be seen, current HS ranking or projections set aside. After all, as you mention this type of move is allowed under the rules, the real question if the payoff resulting from it. I know all kinds of wonderful outcomes are expected, will they actually happen? We will see for sure.

16 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Yeah, your bias is certainly showing.  You're like McCarthy -- trying to root out every "Mizzou troll" upon their first post.  And I don't know what it will take to make you understand that just because this is billikens.com doesn't mean fans of other programs must never post here or defend their program here or that they may post here only if they rub the Billiken's belly first, or something.

I'm a moderator, not (necessarily) a censor.  That's what you've never been able to grasp.

Now, go ahead and spin this into some tripe about how it shows I'm not truly a Billikens fan and am "secretly" more of a Tigers fan and am not fit to be a moderator here.  You've never minded appearing ridiculous that way.

Nothing I did was like McCarthy - I was RIGHT about the phan who you defended for years. I wasn't the only one complaining about that troll. A LOT of good posters on here did, yet you did nothing. You were on the wrong side of history. You looked like a fool defending him.

Now bring it back to this thread. "Coach314" has made the ridiculous claim that Goodwin may rethink his SLU commit. Rather than that type of BS upsetting you... you are more concerned about defending the reputation of Martin and Porter Sr.  We have had SLU coaches, recruits and players trashed on here from time to time, but you have NEVER been as passionate as you have been about this topic. But go ahead, keep fighting the good fight with Coach314 against BILLIKEN fans.  :wacko::wacko:

Not sure why there is so much Missouri Tigers discussion on this board. This is a Billikens board not a Missouri Tigers board. If Missouri Tigers fans are looking for a place to discuss Missouri basketball, they should check out www.tigerboard.com, not use this board instead. Tigerboard is a message board aimed at discussing Missouri Tigers athletics.

3 hours ago, HenryB said:

If you are tired of it then stop initiating it.  The pro Missouri crap and the insinuation that SLU may lose top recruits was always going to get a negative response.  Take that garbage to powermizzou....you will be a hero there.

More wisdom by one of the worse bias newbies on this site.  You have no class you are incapable of having a decent debate and the reason why is you lack the intellect.

As coach said it is about players and the game and that is it.

Idiots like you chase away posters that actually know something and are polite unlike you newbie.

In your small world small person there is no room for anything else but for others like myself I have the mental capacity to enjoy a resurgence with the Missouri program and sill love the Billikens.

Congratulations Henry B you will be the first ever on ignore you bring nothing to this site other than venom and accusations.

17 minutes ago, CBFan said:

More wisdom by one of the worse bias newbies on this site.  You have no class you are incapable of having a decent debate and the reason why is you lack the intellect.

Idiots like you chase away posters that actually know something and are polite unlike you newbie.

In your small world small person there is no room for anything else but for others like myself I have the mental capacity to enjoy a resurgence with the Missouri program and sill love the Billikens.

Congratulations Henry B you will be the first ever on ignore you bring nothing to this site other than venom and accusations.

I do think Henry was correct for responding strongly to "Coach314's" ridiculous speculation that Goodwin may de-commit. Pretty easy to see why that would draw a strong reaction on Billikens.com 

I gave "Coach314" a chance, but pretty clear he is not neutral and that he is simply trolling. 

9 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Are you a fool all the time or only when you are awake?  Your defense of Coach314  embarrasses you.  I chase posters away.......really?????  You and posters like Coach314 start crap and want everyone to applaud you.....really???

And by the way.....I also find it hilarious you attack me as "one of the worse newbies".  Couple of points:  you obviously failed grammar - it is worst, not worse.  More importantly, however......do your homework before you run your mouth.  You call me a newby....let's see......oh yes......my profile says I have been around since 2005.  Your profile says you have been around since 2010...so who is the newby, dumbass????

If you and the Coach have your feelings hurt........awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, poor babies.  If you don't like criticism then don't come on the board saying idiotic things.  One final word for you....I don't like MIssouri basketball.....got it????????

21 minutes ago, CBFan said:

IMG_9457.GIF