JT requests Release from NLI

1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Oh, please!  I've gotten more riled up about things that have nothing to do with Mizzou, and I've taken my share of grief for a number of stances that I've taken over the years.

And it's only your bias that compels you to see my posts as defending Mizzou.  That's not what I'm doing; I'm defending Michael Porter Sr.'s body of work and intentions -- not that I've ever met him.  It doesn't matter to me what school he's at; I take exception to the notion that he's not a legitimate coach.

And what does my being a moderator have to do with anything?  Am I supposed to refrain from expressing my opinions because I'm a moderator?  Also, I don't work for the school or athletics department, so I don't have to toe the company line.  Lastly, I have said NOTHING to denigrate or hurt the SLU program.  In fact, I feel I'm helping maintain a bit of balance against the potential external opinion that all SLU supporters are smug.... (fill in the blank).

Sure, I'm the one whose bias is showing through - :rolleyes:  A classic example of projection. A lot of the "grief" you have gotten over the years is from defending Mizzou trolls on BILLIKENS.com. 

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

Sure, I'm the one whose bias is showing through - :rolleyes:  A classic example of projection. A lot of the "grief" you have gotten over the years is from defending Mizzou trolls on BILLIKENS.com. 

Yeah, your bias is certainly showing.  You're like McCarthy -- trying to root out every "Mizzou troll" upon their first post.  And I don't know what it will take to make you understand that just because this is billikens.com doesn't mean fans of other programs must never post here or defend their program here or that they may post here only if they rub the Billiken's belly first, or something.

I'm a moderator, not (necessarily) a censor.  That's what you've never been able to grasp.

Now, go ahead and spin this into some tripe about how it shows I'm not truly a Billikens fan and am "secretly" more of a Tigers fan and am not fit to be a moderator here.  You've never minded appearing ridiculous that way.

3 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

+1  Maybe not with quite the fervor that you had, but sounds like the hypocrites finally got to you.  Each one of our assistant coaches was hired because they had a connection on a recruit.  Were we paying for the recruit?  Can't say for sure, but I can say Ford would not have hired them if they did not have an inside route to one or two recruits.

I'm sorry, which one of our current coaches was a girls basketball coach and is now making nearly $400k per year? As I pointed out earlier, I'm not against hiring a parent as a coach if he is paid a commensurate salary based on his experience and qualifications. Porter Sr however is now the highest paid coach on the Missouri staff and one of the highest paid assistants in the country. This is nothing but sleaze. 

Have all the pro-SLU and/or anti-Mizzou bias you want, but realize that sometimes it doesn't reflect well when slandering a guy just because his good fortunate and/or skill gets him paid — simply because it's at Mizzou.

I haven't said anything expressing favorable (or even unfavorable) emotion about Mizzou or Cuonzo Martin; all I'm doing is attempting to balance out the attacks besmirching Michael Porter Sr.'s character, merit, and intentions.

Also, feel free to trash talk SPUMAC as much as you want, but should you cry foul when someone provides a well-reasoned perspective from an "opposing" viewpoint?  Again, none of this should be inferred as well-wishing the Mizzou program.

1 minute ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

I'm sorry, which one of our current coaches was a girls basketball coach and is now making nearly $400k per year? As I pointed out earlier, I'm not against hiring a parent as a coach if he is paid a commensurate salary based on his experience and qualifications. Porter Sr however is now the highest paid coach on the Missouri staff and one of the highest paid assistants in the country. This is nothing but sleaze. 

So once a guy coaches girls, he's forever unfit to coach guys?  And why can't you understand that the bump in salary is to ward off higher bidders?  How else can either Washington or Mizzou safeguard against some other program with deep pockets wooing the Porter Clan to themselves?

10 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

So once a guy coaches girls, he's forever unfit to coach guys?  And why can't you understand that the bump in salary is to ward off higher bidders?  How else can either Washington or Mizzou safeguard against some other program with deep pockets wooing the Porter Clan to themselves?

You just made the point that the money is all about getting the kids and not the coach.  He is only getting paid to land his kids and not for what he brings as a coach.

9 minutes ago, brianstl said:

You just made the point that the money is all about getting the kids and not the coach.  He is only getting paid to land his kids and not for what he brings as a coach.

Must be a terrible thing not to be able to live down nurturing (arguably) the best player in his class.  I just wonder, will all of Porter's critics eat crow if he's still a coach in, say, 2023-24?  Maybe he'll be a head coach somewhere by then.  I guess that's what it will take for him to avoid forever being discredited as some unscrupulous dad.

14 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Hey nit wit, no one said you couldn't advance to a higher level if you start out as a girls coach, but jumping from a low level position to one of the highest paid in all of college basketball doesn't happen in the real world without corruption involved.

Your comments about warding off higher bidders is sad. There will never be a shortage of corrupt and unethical people who will do anything to win. We all are placed in situations in life in which we have to make decisions. Some have integrity in their choices and sadly some don't. I guess you have to decide what is more important to you. I know I would be ashamed to try to sell my child's athletic ability so that I could get rich. 

4 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Must be a terrible thing not to be able to live down nurturing (arguably) the best player in his class.  I just wonder, will all of Porter's critics eat crow if he's still a coach in, say, 2023-24?  Maybe he'll be a head coach somewhere by then.  I guess that's what it will take for him to avoid forever being discredited as some unscrupulous dad.

I will eat crow when one of our Moderators (you) is no longer a prick to legitimate posters supporting SLU, because I do not think you are capable of stopping. Your smug, better than thou attitude is ridiculous.

You are singlehandedly the reason many quality posters do not post here very often, myself included.

22 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

We've been knowingly watching and enjoying a corrupt business for decades.  What does that make us?

Yes, yes, yes.  Your first sentence is SO true.  I also agree with Willie 100%.

17 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I don't have any firsthand knowledge as to Porter Sr's coaching abilities, so I defer to the knowledge of others who are in a better position to know that. I spoke with one such person recently, and their comments gave me no reason to think that he'd be coaching college basketball if his children had the talent level of a Jim Crews recruit. 

26 minutes ago, For-DaLove said:

I will eat crow when one of our Moderators (you) is no longer a prick to legitimate posters supporting SLU, because I do not think you are capable of stopping. Your smug, better than thou attitude is ridiculous.

You are singlehandedly the reason many quality posters do not post here very often, myself included.

bf9.gif

So is it that Porter Sr got the job or the pay he is receiving..or both?  Either way...if that is what is considered sleazy these next 6-7 months in here will be awesome to read.  But back to the actual thread.  Let's say Tilmon goes to Mizzou.  With the buzz Mark Smith is getting now (Duke, UK, Mich St) and Tilmon possibly playing in the SEC, Big 12, or ACC does Jordan or Gordon rethink their decisions??  I know Jordan believes he is better than Smith and Tilmon.  And Gordon...he's top 20 in the country.  If Mizzou comes in and steals the local shine...what happens then?  

12 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

So is it that Porter Sr got the job or the pay he is receiving..or both?  Either way...if that is what is considered sleazy these next 6-7 months in here will be awesome to read.  But back to the actual thread.  Let's say Tilmon goes to Mizzou.  With the buzz Mark Smith is getting now (Duke, UK, Mich St) and Tilmon possibly playing in the SEC, Big 12, or ACC does Jordan or Gordon rethink their decisions??  I know Jordan believes he is better than Smith and Tilmon.  And Gordon...he's top 20 in the country.  If Mizzou comes in and steals the local shine...what happens then?  

I don't know maybe recruit different players. Or just fold the program. You sure like to bring these scenarios up for some reason.  

12 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Is this tigerboard or powermizzou?

That's a lot of ifs.  In any case, Mizzou's guard play will be below average by SEC standards.  I see a year of Porter hero ball with some exciting wins and even more disappointing defeats.  I see sound and fury signifying nothing in Columbia while SLU handily outperforms preseason expectations.  What happens then?

26 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

El Oh El 

Is Mizzou better than SLU on paper? I don't think they are. Plus SLU transfers have had a year to work with Ford system. Mizzou is putting together a program that had like 8 wins in three years with some expensive ducktape. Ducktape that was suspiciously acquired I might add. We have seen the best freshmen in the country have rough seasons for the great Kentucky. We will get to see if Martins coaching suspicions are true. I wouldn't be surprised if Gordon left but there's no way Goodwin is leaving. His fate of becoming a legend in St. louis has already been sealed.

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I just want more of his hot women's basketball takes 

So many questions. Does a male women's basketball coach start liking women or men when he takes the job? And when he switches from coaching one gender to another, does his sexual orientation switch as well? I don't even want to think about the gay Oedipus complex that will result when he switches from coaching women to his own son.

It is surprising given his position on women's basketball in general and the "dangers" of letting your daughters play basketball that he is such a fan of a guy who made his bones coaching women's basketball while letting his daughters play the game.

57 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

What happens if my aunt had balls? She'd be my uncle.

What the sh!t is this trash.

dumb post