JT requests Release from NLI

3 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I have the starting 5 as:

Goodwin

Henriquez

Roby

Bess

Foreman 

I think French could be interchangeable with any of the wings depending on how big the opposing team is. Also, no idea if Foreman is better than French.. because he'd be a real nice player if he was, based on what we've seen from French. Might have to go hunting for some film on him. 

After 3 years of total turmoil, it's feels good arguing about this.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I have the starting 5 as:

Goodwin

Henriquez

Roby

Bess

Foreman 

I think French could be interchangeable with any of the wings depending on how big the opposing team is. Also, no idea if Foreman is better than French.. because he'd be a real nice player if he was, based on what we've seen from French. Might have to go hunting for some film on him. 

Regardless of the starting 5, I'm going to feel pretty solid when we go to our bench between those 6 guys and Johnson/Bishop

I like this lineup. 

My bench:

Graves, French, Welmer, Whaley, Pickett. 

8 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Haha, I initially forgot about Johnson also, and I REALLY like him as a player. Or I misinterpreted and you're not as high on him?

Damnit, I knew that didn't look right. I can't believe I forgot Johnson. I guess I move Bess to the bench? 

7 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Damnit, I knew that didn't look right. I can't believe I forgot Johnson. I guess I move Bess to the bench? 

I like the idea of Goodwin, Henriquez, Bess, Johnson, Foreman. Bess will guard the other team's best player at the 1-4 spots, but we switch a lot on defense to hide our lack of rim protection. This is a super versatile, yet solid (rebounding) enough lineup, I think it will give other teams fits. 

With Welmer out to start, Johnson will be needed at the four, which is where he looked best this past year. French and Roby the first two subs, and Bishop playing a minor role. When Welmer gets back and Graves is eligible, we see a nine-man rotation with Bishop hanging around as our third pg. When Graves and Welmer join back up, we would also be able to play a more conventional lineup, but without any other 1's or 5's on the roster we should start the season by playing to our strengths - versatility and athleticism. 

31 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I like this lineup. 

My bench:

Hate to ask but who is Whaley?

Ford has stated that he likes to play heavy minutes with 8, and have 2 more that can 'hold the fort'.  So forget about starters (as Coach Majerus said, that is for High School) and lets discuss who gets heavy minutes and who holds the fort.

Eight Heavy:  Bess, Bishop, Foreman, French, Goodwin, Henriquez, Johnson, and Roby,

Two holding the fort:   only two left are Gillmann and Hines.  Hmm

Once healthy/second semester, Welmer and Graves get worked in as fort holders.

29 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I like this lineup. 

My bench:

From what I have heard from my friends who've seen them play and workout, Graves is a total beast, so don't underestimate him. Also funny enough from several people the same comparison from Foreman to Reggie have been made, that DJ is just a slightly better Reggie. Hope he is much better.

French I see as an immediate impact. Remember Goodwin and French were rated as one of the biggest athletes of the recruiting class. They are going to be monsters on the court

Just now, HoosierPal said:

Ford has stated that he likes to play heavy minutes with 8, and have 2 more that can 'hold the fort'.  So forget about starters (as Coach Majerus said, that is for High School) and lets discuss who gets heavy minutes and who holds the fort.

Eight  Bess: Bishop, Foreman, French, Goodwin, Henriquez, Johnson, and Roby,

Two holding the fort:   only two left are Gillmann and Hines.  Hmm

Once healthy/second semester, Welmer and Graves get worked in as fort holders.

I like this, but respectfully, once Graves comes back, Bishop is a fort holder and Graves will be an 8

How did I miss that a 6'9 forward visited last weekend?

Official visit or unofficial and what's his first name?

3 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I like this, but respectfully, once Graves comes back, Bishop is a fort holder and Graves will be an 8

Have to agree. I also think we'll rely on Welmer a bit more than people expect. He was one of our only net positive players (you can find our BPM and other fun stats here) last year and there is no one like him on our roster. He will be our only 'true big', as Foreman, Johnson and French are all very much forwards and could have trouble 1v1 in the post against some players - although not many of those guys play in the A10.

26 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

From what I have heard from my friends who've seen them play and workout, Graves is a total beast, so don't underestimate him. Also funny enough from several people the same comparison from Foreman to Reggie have been made, that DJ is just a slightly better Reggie. Hope he is much better.

French I see as an immediate impact. Remember Goodwin and French were rated as one of the biggest athletes of the recruiting class. They are going to be monsters on the court

Foreman is taller than RA so that should help him be more effective.  RA was really only about 6'6 or 7" and that could be one reason he had trouble finishing besides not having any hands.  Hopefully Foreman has better hands - won't take a lot more.

12 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Foreman is taller than RA so that should help him be more effective.  RA was really only about 6'6 or 7" and that could be one reason he had trouble finishing besides not having any hands.  Hopefully Foreman has better hands - won't take a lot more.

Foreman is 1 inch taller and 5 pounds heavier than Reggie per the SLU roster. He has more range than Reggie, maybe 10 to 14 feet. He does have better hands than Reggie. Me, I'm not writing him in for double figure ppg. 

Davidson has a 4 star point guard named Kellan Grady who is dangerous outside shooter and will take over the point guard position from Jack Gibbs.  He's probably going to play 30 min a game. Our freshmen are awesome but they will be part of a more balanced roster than most of the teams in the league.  There are other freshmen in the league who will be counted on to do more for their team.

7 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Absolutely the hiring of Martin is a payoff. But it's an absolutely legal payoff. The problem is with the NCAA who sets the rules, not with Cuonzo Martin. They could stop the hiring of parent coaches and AAU coaches tomorrow if they wanted to. They don't want to.

I respectfully disagree.  Respectfully, because I know that you aren't MUTGR.  There is no "rule" that allows this.  There is no prosecutor that would ever take up a solid case for a bribe, because the brain-washed fans that complained about Danny Manning's father being hired would revolt and prosecute the prosecutor.  The taxpayers have their money used to payoff the coaches with sons that are good players, but it isn't legal.