JT requests Release from NLI

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Bashing Mizzou is a billikens.com past time. I don't see the inverse on tigerboard

Vtime, why have you only recently come out of hiding? We didn't see much of you during the Kimmy Anderson era.

16 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Bashing Mizzou is a billikens.com past time. I don't see the inverse on tigerboard

It is because any post that brings up something good about SLU gets mob points.  Once it gets enough mob points the post and the replies are removed.  The poster's account is then suspended for a period of time.

44 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Couple points here:

1) Run a simple search on tigerboard- they bash SLU non stop. 

2) Of course we bash Mizzou here, just the same as we bash every other A10 team/teams we are constantly competing against recruits for.  Its a fan forum. 

3) I will say this, there have been multiple Mizzou trolls on this site over the past couple of weeks (and multiple UofI trolls over the past couple of months), I don't see any SLU posters trolling tiger talk. 

39 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

That's because tigerboard is unreadable 

4) This is the most important point. I went on that site for 5 minutes and I am cleaning up pools of blood from my eyes. Its like the bastard child of a 90's website that just won't die. Which means we should all be thankful for this board and its mods and pony up when fundraising time comes around. 

5) If you want to pick internet fights with fans, don't do it on their own turf, do it on /r/collegebasketball, that's what it was made for. 

4 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

Couple points here:

1) Run a simple search on tigerboard- they bash SLU non stop. 

2) Of course we bash Mizzou here, just the same as we bash every other A10 team/teams we are constantly competing against recruits for.  Its a fan forum. 

3) I will say this, there have been multiple Mizzou trolls on this site over the past couple of weeks (and multiple UofI trolls over the past couple of months), I don't see any SLU posters trolling tiger talk. 

4) This is the most important point. I went on that site for 5 minutes and I am cleaning up pools of blood from my eyes. Its like the bastard child of a 90's website that just won't die. Which means we should all be thankful for this board and its mods and pony up when fundraising time comes around. 

5) If you want to pick internet fights with fans, don't do it on their own turf, do it on /r/collegebasketball, that's what it was made for. 

ROASTED!

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Vtime, why have you only recently come out of hiding? We didn't see much of you during the Kimmy Anderson era.

My name is not VTIME. And I posted a lot during the freshman year of Yarborough, Reynolds, Bartley and co. It was infuriating to watch natural pts Toby and Reynolds play off the ball, and a natural 2 guard in Bartley play of.  In their sophomore years I attended a few games, the last being the loss to Morehead State. I didn't even know who Aaron Hines was at the time.  This past season I didn't attend any games and was shocked that I couldn't find post game highlights on YouTube like many programs do. That's free publicity.  I'm a life long billiken fan. I watched Chaifeyz being built from my classroom across the street, then coached across the street, and now I again work across the street.  I am elated that Ford values the local talent, something I've advocated for billilem success for over a decade. You can argue that the best recent teams didn't have local players, but I would counter that it's not sustainable without a local pipeline 

1 minute ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

The Porters kids have spent their pre-teen/teen years in Columbia. There's nothing slimy about wanting to come back to what is literally their home, play for their dad and at the school where their aunt coaches 2 of their sisters. 

I don't think anyone is blaming the kids here. How pappy handled it is the strange part, ever since the moving the family to Washington part. 

13 minutes ago, TaLBErt said:

Serous question for people who know: Is Pickett that good? From the videos I have watched he's just kinda "meh" to me.

How often have billiken guards or forwards for that matter finished like this in transition  the last few years?   Yes, he would be a big addition for SLU

The Porters kids have spent their pre-teen/teen years in Columbia. There's nothing slimy about wanting to come back to what is literally their home, play for their dad and at the school where their aunt coaches 2 of their sisters. 

People who view this as slimy do so because of how Cuonzo did it - I don't think people put blame on Porters or even Tilmon

5 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

What's wrong with how we handled things?

We? Typo?

2 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

What did Cuonzo do wrong?

The timing of the whole thing certainly raises questions. I'm sure everything is kosher but it is hard to look at the timing of the NLI release and how everyone knows hes going to Mizzou already and not raise an eyebrow (or two)

31 minutes ago, TaLBErt said:

Serous question for people who know: Is Pickett that good? From the videos I have watched he's just kinda "meh" to me.

He's far better than any guard that's seen the floor for the billikens over the last 3 season.   He is Duane evans with a wing game.    I don't see him playing before Goodwin or henriquez but beyond that I think he can play with any billiken wing.  

Last season he was very good for Belleville east.   And imo is as good as Malcolm Hill was as a high school senior.   Now if he'll progress like hill did in college is an unanswered question.  But he is definitely an upgrade of the wings from last season.

26 minutes ago, JMM28 said:
6 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

He's far better than any guard that's seen the floor for the billikens over the last 3 season.   He is Duane evans with a wing game.    I don't see him playing before Goodwin or henriquez but beyond that I think he can play with any billiken wing.  

Last season he was very good for Belleville east.   And imo is as good as Malcolm Hill was as a high school senior.   Now if he'll progress like hill did in college is an unanswered question.  But he is definitely an upgrade of the wings from last season.

Whoa. He's a upgrade for sure, but Dwayne Evans with wing game is an NBA talent. That's Quentin Richardson/PJTucker type game.  Im a big fan of putting a big powerful guard at the 4 spot and lerting him dominate, but thats not Pickett.  Pickett is a priority. Get him and Burton and I'd be ecstatic 

You've obviously never seen him.

Plus saying he has a wing game doesn't mean I equate that skill as equal of Duane wade or Larry Hughes.   Just a good college level game.   One better than davell roby, zeke moore or Mike crawford.

32 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

He was hired to get local recruits. Porter and Tilmon would be local recruits. Roberts was a signed retained, Harris was a commit to Washington with the Porters. Everything is logical. He can go to ESTL and recruit Hargrove and see his sister without tampering with Tilmon. 

Actually he couldn't recruit Hargrove.  It was a dead period, but feel free to carry on.