JT requests Release from NLI

13 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

I think Tilmon might be a guy that everyone looks back on and says "Wow the red flags were all right there why didn't we notice it then" and busts. But thats just my opinion. And I would probably be really excited if he came to SLU. There are just a lot of weird things about him already. 

I agree. Obviously this sounds like the kind of thing you say when the player isn't coming, and we'd happily take him at SLU, but it's been an odd ordeal with him.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Ford obviously has something already if he is not even looking at a top 50 recruit

Lol i don't think so. 

I think Tate & Ford took a run, almost had it before signing day, but have decided to move on at this point. 

1 minute ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Ford obviously has something already if he is not even looking at a top 50 recruit

Lol i don't think so. 

I think Tate & Ford took a run, almost had it before signing day, but have decided to move on at this point. 

10 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I agree. Obviously this sounds like the kind of thing you say when the player isn't coming, and we'd happily take him at SLU, but it's been an odd ordeal with him.

That's my sense too. They probably know SPUMAC got to him. I gotta kick out of Mizzou mouthpiece Dave Matter saying that a source told him that "Tillmon was wide open" in his recruiting. I don't buy it. I think the boneheaded tweet by the ESL assistant probably revealed the truth - SPUMAC got the kid to flip while he was under LOI with Illinois.

40 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

36 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

There's a giant loophole in the NCAA's dead period. You can't talk directly to a recruit. But talking to everybody around the recruit is perfectly legal. So I can walk into a kid's high school and talk to all of his mentors as long as I don't talk to the kid. A rule with absolutely no teeth.

34 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

So many red flags on this one.

First, he can't visit Mizzou.  He hasn't been released from his letter of intent.

Second, the dead period has no bearing in Tilmon's case.  He has signed a NLI.  He is a non recruitable athlete right now.  Which means you can't even talk about wanting the kid to people around him.

Third when you already have NCAA investigators on campus for a different issue, you don't do anything that could make anyone question what you are doing.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Second, the dead period has no bearing in Tilmon's case.  He has signed a NLI.  He is a non recruitable athlete right now.  Which means you can't even talk about wanting the kid to people around him.

Who says you have to talk about Tilmon?  You can talk about how great it is to be back home and how you to intend to be a presence in the community.  You just happen to have these vanilla conversations with people who are close to Tilmon.  Message sent.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

That's my sense too. They probably know SPUMAC got to him. I gotta kick out of Mizzou mouthpiece Dave Matter saying that a source told him that "Tillmon was wide open" in his recruiting. I don't buy it. I think the boneheaded tweet by the ESL assistant probably revealed the truth - SPUMAC got the kid to flip while he was under LOI with Illinois.

Exactly. The "sources" are probably the same ones that made it seem like there was any possibility that Porter wasn't going there too despite him also being under a signed LOI. They have to play the game to make it seem like its up for debate but in truth the issue has already been settled. He'll be at Mizzou.

16 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I said it before with the Porter stuff and I will say it again now, this is all going to end very badly for Mizzou.

Maybe it's just me but if they are able to land Knox, I would think that would be the most questionable on how.  I understand Martin is a great recruiter and Porter is there but having Coach K, coach Cal, and Roy Williams after you for as long as they have been, would be strange since he had no connection to Mizzou before.  I even read an article about it and it sounded like Porter and him just played an iPhone pool together which is how they talked.  Doesn't even seem like a Tatum/Giles best friend deal.  

16 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

My all-Missouri team is Ramey, Watson, Thatch, Leech, and Gordon

So that's infographic was to show schools in each state and the best players. It is notable because only 2 slu players are on there and are "bench" players. This will change drastically next year

55 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

So that's infographic was to show schools in each state and the best players. It is notable because only 2 slu players are on there and are "bench" players. This will change drastically next year

Yes. We get that. It isn't rocket science. It's also really trivial and you could make arguments that MC, DR, and RA should all be starters, but no one really put that much thought into it because it is completely subjective and means absolutely nothing