JT requests Release from NLI

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

Dear God, why did I open this thread??

To read glorydays minute by minute thoughts and rubbuttals  about basketball, didn't want to know them?

I find the possibilities of having a shot at JT fun.  JT probably won't sign with SLU but with recruiting opening up it is exciting who the coach may find to play with our team.

28 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

So sensitive. That tweet might bite Tilmon and Mizzou in the butt when the NCAA comes. Not a smart move

You know a great way to have a recruit not want to come to your school? Talk about his hometown and school on a message board. Also calling a person with a close relationship to him a moron is a phenomenal idea  

Id be shocked if Mizzou doesn't get him, but Ford has worked his magic before. 

From what I've seen, Mizzou fans want a fab five:

1- MPJ (commit)

2- CJ (commit)

3- Knox 

4- Tilmon

5- Harris

believe it or not, that would be the #2 recruiting class for a team that hasn't won double digits in the last 3 years.

its the MPJ effect

2 hours ago, TheOne said:

New to the forum, but follow Bills closely.  I wouldn't get hopes up on Tilmon - not because he wouldn't be a great addition to the squad from a marketing perspective, but because he doesn't have the work ethic to continue to develop at a rapid pace at the collegiate level.  I'm not sure the coaching staff is still on him very closely.  I've heard he has some bad "habits" that will inhibit his ability to contribute to the team.  He doesn't "want it" as bad as some of the other guys do.  Not that he didn't have a great season in high school ball this year, but he didn't reach the ceiling he was expected too.  You saw this in the form of him not finishing in the top 3 Mr. Basketball ranks as well as him falling from 5* to 4* status.

He a pothead???  That's what I'm inferring.

12 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

You know a great way to have a recruit not want to come to your school? Talk about his hometown and school on a message board. Also calling a person with a close relationship to him a moron is a phenomenal idea  

Ugh, give it a rest................... Glorydays must have a ton of pull.

19 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Id be shocked if Mizzou doesn't get him, but Ford has worked his magic before. 

From what I've seen, Mizzou fans want a fab five:

1- MPJ (commit)

2- CJ (commit)

3- Knox 

4- Tilmon

5- Harris

believe it or not, that would be the #2 recruiting class for a team that hasn't won double digits in the last 3 years.

its the MPJ effect

Well we know what they plan to do with the money they saved while filling out the coaching staff.

46 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Coach Ford plotting his next move:

IMG_8876.JPG

I love it great post.

3 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

You would be very surprised how many NCAA athletes smoke weed and get away with it....

checked and JT did fall from top 25 ESPN to almost JGoodwin's rank and from 5* to 4*

I wouldn't because marijuana isn't any worse than alcohol. Not trying to start this debate. Just saying it's fairly common.

5 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I wouldn't because marijuana isn't any worse than alcohol. Not trying to start this debate. Just saying it's fairly common.

Athletes can recover from alcohol after a few days which is why they go hard before a small break period. Weed would just affect motivation. I don't know any athlete who smokes then grinds in the gym or practice as hard as those who don't

2 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Athletes can recover from alcohol after a few days which is why they go hard before a small break period. Weed would just affect motivation. I don't know any athlete who smokes then grinds in the gym or practice as hard as those who don't

Cause it's illegal... So they aren't going to openly tell you... I know plenty of slu athletes who use it rather consistently. Has some serious benefits as well as some drawbacks. That's all I'm going to say on the topic.

5 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Well the ESL assistant coach just tweeted that he looks forward to being an MU fan. Best outcome is that Mizzou goes under investigation and loses scholarships. Martin Obviously had contact with Tilmon under the no recruiting period.  

Or the East Side Coach is showing support to Coach Martin who is from East St Louis.  

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

Absolutely NO SLU or Mizzou fans get follow requests granted. They can all bite me. In fact, I should really knock 'em all on their ass.

I will keep requesting to follow him until he blocks me. 

Well,  this really doesn't surprise me at all.  With the way this whole recruitment has gone it's par for the course.  If you would have told me a month ago that we had the option to keep Groce,  Tilmon and the rest of the recruits,  or trade Groce and Tilmon for Underwood, Orlando Antigua and keep the remaining recruits plus keep Jamal Walker ...... I will take that deal every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Illinois is trying to build a program, Mizzery is trying to buy a top 10 team for a couple years.  What they have been doing stinks to high heaven and they seem pretty bold about it.  Won't be long before it catches up to them and eventually people will realize that Zo isn't a very good coach.  He has gotten his share of 5* talent before and turned that into a total of 2 NCAA appearances in 9 years with 1 S16 run. I don't mind Tilmon asking out of his LOI. He did commit to a different coach, and should be allowed to explore his options.  He is a really good player but he is not a program changer.  He's not leading anyone to a final 4 next year,  or the year after for that matter.  I hope he really means he is still considering IL, but will be fine if he goes elsewhere.  I said a while back in a different thread that I thought you guys would be better for him than SPUMAC. BTW, someone please tell me what SPUMAC stands for.  Lol,  I have been dying to know

It's been a while since I've seen it spelled out but it's something like State Penitentiary University of Missouri at Columbia. At least I'm pretty sure the umac part is right.