Very Early 2017-18 Predictions

Biilikens finishing 5th would be a great improvement I just do not see them any higher until we see how well this team comes together.

Goodwin and French look promising as freshman contributors.

If Welmer's foot holds up for another season then he will contribute as well as JJ, Roby, and Bishop.  Welmer's foot should be a concern.

The transfer look good on paper but how well will they play together.

Really? 

Some of you have been drinking pessimist juice or something?

With VCU having one of their top 100 recruits leaving to NC state that puts SLU with the top recruits of 2017 in the A10 and the top transfers with 2 scholarships to spare. 

Why st. Bonneventure in 1st? makes no sense whatsoever 

RI 1st

SLU 2nd

Dayton/VCU/La Salle for the next and the rest is up for grabs

It is going to be hard to guard my enthusiasm for the team next year.  It is nothing short of amazing (in Billiken standards) how Ford has completely revamped this roster.  That said, the fact that we are relying on Freshmen to lead us to the promised land is never a good policy.  Even the Duke freshmen found themselves with a sour taste in their mouths after the men on South Carolina knocked them out in the round of 32. 

I just hope Ford schedules tough in the out of conference games so that maybe we can sneak up on a few teams to get some nice early Ws

7 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Really? 

Some of you have been drinking pessimist juice or something?

With VCU having one of their top 100 recruits leaving to NC state that puts SLU with the top recruits of 2017 in the A10 and the top transfers with 2 scholarships to spare. 

Why st. Bonneventure in 1st? makes no sense whatsoever 

RI 1st

SLU 2nd

Dayton/VCU/La Salle for the next and the rest is up for grabs

Really Glorydays, this team finishing 5th would be a great accomplishment from what we watched in the last 3 seasons.

5th place will probably gets them 20 wins and that is a huge improvement.

For SLU to finish second would mean that either French or Goodwin would have to be freshman of the year,  Welmer's foot will have hold up, JJ improving, Bishop coming back, and all of the new players meshing together.  It is all possible but everything has to work and how often does that happen?

Rick Majerus did not have that fast of turnaround it took time and he eventually built something real special that coach Crews couldn't wreck.

You are a passionate fan and you dream big but you shouldn't think folks are being pessimistic just because they do not feel they will finish in the top 2 of the A10.

I'll take the Wiz's approach on what this team is going to be next season I need to see them play first.

The Bonnies will have the best backcourt in the A10.

Too many unknowns to predict where we will finish even though it's fun to guess. As always, some people will have inside practice reports will make people think that we'll be A10 Champs. I've learned that those hold true maybe 2 out of 10 times. But our rotation will have 6 new guys who have never played together. I could see anywhere from 1st to 9th next year in the A10. I'd be disappointed and surprised if we finished outside the top 6 but there are a lot of scenarios that still need to play out including filling out the rest of our roster, getting healthy, and seeing the schedule for next year. Lots of unknowns, but I can't wait to find out.

Isaiah Mike now leaving Duquesne in addition to Lewis... hard to imagine there will be a worse team in the league. I think Dayton will fall further than VCU. Richmond seems too low and UMass too high. Still a lot can happen prior to next season with transfers and recruiting.

You guys realize there is a completely different team playing next year. We have the best recruiting class in the A10 and some of the best players on paper. Stop selling yourselves short. And if you ever saw these new guys play in person you would know they're in a different league of their own from the past 3 years 

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

You guys realize there is a completely different team playing next year. We have the best recruiting class in the A10 and some of the best players on paper. Stop selling yourselves short. And if you ever saw these new guys play in person you would know they're in a different league of their own from the past 3 years 

I know. I can't wait. 220 days.