AP top teams of all time

That historical ranking doesn't align well with more recent indicators.  DePaul, Bradley, Western Kentucky, Duquesne, Holy Cross, Penn, Seattle, Loyola (Ill.), and Jacksonville haven't been nearly so good in the last, what, 30 years?

Looking forward to seeing Saint Louis move up that list.  Need to put these past three gly ("u" trying to get away) years in the rear-view mirror, and the 2017-18 squad isn't likely to appear in the Top 25, either.  (However, the 2011-12 squad didn't either, and that may have been the best SLU has been the past 30 years.)

I wasn't at SLU then, as Pujols would say, "obviously," but Ms. BAB's Dad was, and my Uncle told me about that Billiken team too.  We Billikens must always remember #50 Easy Ed (Macauley).  When I first started watching College Hoops, the Missouri Valley Conference Game of the Week came on Channel 2 in St. Louis at 12:30 every Saturday afternoon, right after American Bandstand, with Easy Ed Macauley providing the totally unbiased view of the action.  Easy Ed rattled off "St. Louis University" like the three words were one.  I can hear him now.

By my count the A10 has 9 schools in the Top 100.  The Missouri Valley has only 3.  But if the MVC could have stayed intact, it would be a very strong league today.  Not counting the part of the ancient MVC that became the Big 8 (Big XII) and not counting Iowa, but counting Oklahoma State, the Missouri Valley as 12 former or current members in the AP Top 100.  The MVC started on its downward spiral, albeit with some periods of recovery, in the early to mid-1970's.  SLU's last season in the MVC was 1974.