Injury updates 2017

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-s-welmer-ready-for-his-debut-a-year-later/article_ce3a9004-0887-566f-a793-f84e0c5fe061.html

The lasting memory of Elliott Welmer’s first year at St. Louis University is that of a gangly 6-foot-9 basketball player coasting around campus on a three-wheeled scooter, his broken left foot propped up for protection.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

Have you found out anything else concerning Welmer's foot?

Well from what I saw, it is a real cast, not one of those black boots. Ford might mention it soon. With all the AT stuff it could be for a sprain but he is getting driven around in a golf cart just like last year

If whelmer is hurt again it emphasizes the need this staff has to find another big that can contribute next season.

Even if he's only out for a while, I don't think you can trust him or Foreman to stay healthy all season. Need more bodies.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Two fractures already, both feet involved. Does not look promising. We will see how long it takes for him to recover this time.

You would think there is some genetic issue or general weakness with his bones / feet.  I would be concerned with continual recurrences. 

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, Glorydays2013 said:

Welmer has a cast on his right foot. Don't know if it's the same foot as before but my guess is yes. 

I'm pretty sure his right foot is the same right foot he had before.  I doubt if he has a new right foot.