The truth about Travis ford

I am an Oklahoma State fan and as most of you know that was the last team he coached. I understand the St Louis is landing a ton of good recruits. He did the same at OSU. The only problem is that he can't coach. We had one of the most talented teams ever (3 NBA players) somehow we ended up as a 5 seed in a season we should of been a 1 or 2 seed. With 3 NBA players that is the least you would expect. As a 5 seed we expected to win a round. We were sadly upset by 12 seed Oregon. Actually we were blown out. I would later realize that the only reason we did halfway decent is because of the talent we had,  not because of our coach. You can have all the faith you want but at the end of the day he jus a recruiter and not a coach. I might also add that with the same team with 3 NBA players we were a 9 seed the next year.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, jesstess2 said:

I am an Oklahoma State fan and as most of you know that was the last team he coached. I understand the St Louis is landing a ton of good recruits. He did the same at OSU. The only problem is that he can't coach. We had one of the most talented teams ever (3 NBA players) somehow we ended up as a 5 seed in a season we should of been a 1 or 2 seed. With 3 NBA players that is the least you would expect. As a 5 seed we expected to win a round. We were sadly upset by 12 seed Oregon. Actually we were blown out. I would later realize that the only reason we did halfway decent is because of the talent we had,  not because of our coach. You can have all the faith you want but at the end of the day he jus a recruiter and not a coach. I might also add that with the same team with 3 NBA players we were a 9 seed the next year.

family_guy_peter_griffin_butt_floss.gif?

22 minutes ago, jesstess2 said:

We got blown out by that same Oregon team btw. With a team recruited and taught by one of the best...

23 minutes ago, jesstess2 said:

Well he did a hell of a job coaching this year with a team that many expected to win zero games in the A10.  He won 6 and did a heck of a job.  Maybe he just needed to get out of Oklahoma to find his mojo.

3 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Well he did a hell of a job coaching this year with a team that many expected to win zero games in the A10.  He won 6 and did a heck of a job.  Maybe he just needed to get out of Oklahoma to find his mojo.

To find anything!

8 minutes ago, almaman said:

To find anything!

To be honest Eskimo Joe's is pretty kick a$$ or at least used to be.  That said, you can't expect much out of a school that decided to base the design of their mascot on the cowboy from the Village People.  Seriously, Pistol Pete is a dead ringer for Randy Jones.

42 minutes ago, jesstess2 said:

The only problem is that he can't coach.  

It is funny, every SLU fan was amazed all season at how good he is at the coaching side of things. I mean, yes, he recruits the lights out too. I guess we have to thank OSU for giving Ford the opportunity to really developing his coaching ability.  Thank you.  

7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

im just really glad you as an OSU fan chose to come here because you can't handle that your shiny new coach decided  OSU wasnt worth it so you have to come here and talk . You are worse than GloryDays

I somewhat doubt it was an Okie St. fan.  There is absolutely zero reason for a Cowboy fan to get motivated enough to create an account tonight. 

My guess it is a Mizzou fan that probably post here already who created a new account to take a shot at Ford.  The poster wanted it to look like it was a fan of a team who has experienced Ford before to give their post some weight.

50 minutes ago, jesstess2 said:

Thank you for taking time out of your day to post on this forum.  It's the thought that counts.  It is nice to share information from two years ago and two coaches ago for OSU.  Both SLU and Illinois now have great coaches and recruiters thanks to the D-League experience they got to have at OSU.  Crews is available, if you are looking for a person that can really coach and recruit. 

1 hour ago, jesstess2 said:

At least we have a coach

49 minutes ago, jesstess2 said:

A few comments:

1) The year you got beaten by Oregon as a 5 seed, we got blown out by Oregon 2 days later as a 4 seed. That Oregon team beat what many of us consider to be the best SLU team we've ever seen, so forgive us if we're not too sympathetic about that.

2) We don't play in the Big 12. We're in the Atlantic 10, and good talent can probably accomplish more there than if you're playing Kansas, Iowa State, Texas, etc. every night.

3) Our previous coach couldn't recruit at all, and while people tried to suggest he was a good game coach, he really wasn't. Ford coached this year's team to 1 more win than the previous 2 years, and did so with essentially a 7 man, less talented rotation. 

4) We're not that far removed from a 12 year NCAA tournament gap (2000-2012). As bad as we've been the last 3 years, we just want back in the tournament. I'd rather underachieve in the NCAAs than not make it at all.

27 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I somewhat doubt it was an Okie St. fan.  There is absolutely zero reason for a Cowboy fan to get motivated enough to create an account tonight. 

My guess it is a Mizzou fan that probably post here already who created a new account to take a shot at Ford.  The poster wanted it to look like it was a fan of a team who has experienced Ford before to give their post some weight.

If you're a MU fan and pick the day you sign the number one recruit in the country to make this s_hit post, you are a weird dude. It's definitely possible, but I can also envision a scenario in which if you're an OSU fan, things are BLEAK. You just hired a cheap asst. that BU brought with him from SFA. You are probably devastated. Then you come here to see what TF is up to, and he's KILLING it. The fans are clamoring over who will wear the legendary #23 jersey. It's a feeding frenzy. This would not help 

17 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Wow you're almost as bad as Billikenfan05 and Jmm28

You actually make most people on this board wish that 05 would go on another of his  Zima induced bender posting sprees.  That is a hell of a lot better than some dude who claims to have deep insight into the Dominican basketball program while having no clue who Kwamain Mitchell is.

4 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

If you're a MU fan and pick the day you sign the number one recruit in the country to make this s_hit post, you are a weird dude. It's definitely possible, but I can also envision a scenario in which if you're an OSU fan, things are BLEAK. You just hired a cheap asst. that BU brought with him from SFA. You are probably devastated. Then you come here to see what TF is up to, and he's KILLING it. The fans are clamoring over who will wear the LEGENDARY #23 jersey. It's a feeding frenzy. This would not help 

Today is the day Mizzou fans have convinced themselves they will land any recruit they want in the state and bi-state area.  Is there a better time to take a shot at the coach who has the verbal of the state's top recruit in the next class?

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Today is the day Mizzou fans have convinced themselves they will land any recruit they want in the state and bi-state area.  Is there a better time to take a shot at the coach who has the verbal of the state's top recruit in the next class?

I really do not care who made the post lol