Mike Lewis

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

I think he's onto something with this number thing and the confidence thing.  Remember when MJ came back and his number was 45 for awhile.  He clearly didn't have the confidence yet to wear #23 or his confidence with #45 wasn't as high as with #23 or the magical basketball number Gods wouldn't allow him to wear #23 because he had to prove his confidence first or something like that.  Anyways, we all know he got his mojo all the way back when he switched to #23, so clearly it was #23 and confidence or some combination of the two that made MJ so great (not...you know...possessing otherworldly basketball talent and being one extremely driven & competitive / boarderline crazy SOB).

Long story short, if I had worn the #23 when I played basketball in grade school, I would've had more confidence, and become the next MJ.  :rolleyes:

Oh, so it was never the shoes?

38 minutes ago, Bizziken said:

+1...I started wearing a shirt with my old high school number under my work clothes. It's done wonders for my confidence...I simply take over business meetings now. Nobody can manage me. 

Funniest thing I've read all week. Well done...

This is growing to Pomeroy 122 levels. I love it!

10 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Non of that remotely is close to what I even said, and it's so bad that you still don't understand that I was right about Zeke leaving because his number was available. 

Next time switch it around to make sense. Foreman would be showing a lack of confidence if he let someone transferring in take his number too. I don't think y'all get how important confidence is to a player in the game of basketball. 

You really don't help yourself, kid.

Let me get this straight. We can now only recruit players who do NOT wear jersey numbers that are all ready in use by a present player.

Is that what you are all saying???

45 minutes ago, drkelsey55 said:

Let me get this straight. We can now only recruit players who do NOT wear jersey numbers that are all ready in use by a present player.

This thread is terrible. Close it, Dr. Rogers. Please.

4 hours ago, drkelsey55 said:

We also need to ask them if they'd give up their number. Anyone who says yes obviously lacks the confidence to play at this level.

10 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Teams normally block (i.e. have to sit out two years) transfers to schools within the conference. Admittedly, I don't know the exact A-10 bylaws but I'd think we are a long shot even if he wanted to come. 

On 3/22/2017 at 5:28 PM, Glorydays2013 said:

Non of that remotely is close to what I even said, and it's so bad that you still don't understand that I was right about Zeke leaving because his number was available. 

Next time switch it around to make sense. Foreman would be showing a lack of confidence if he let someone transferring in take his number too. I don't think y'all get how important confidence is to a player in the game of basketball. 

You're right, you have way more basketball knowledge in your pinky toe than the rest of us put together.  Please, impart upon us your knowledge, oh great Wooden.

On 3/22/2017 at 8:32 PM, RUBillsFan said:

I think he's onto something with this number thing and the confidence thing.  Remember when MJ came back and his number was 45 for awhile.  He clearly didn't have the confidence yet to wear #23 or his confidence with #45 wasn't as high as with #23 or the magical basketball number Gods wouldn't allow him to wear #23 because he had to prove his confidence first or something like that.  Anyways, we all know he got his mojo all the way back when he switched to #23, so clearly it was #23 and confidence or some combination of the two that made MJ so great (not...you know...possessing otherworldly basketball talent and being one extremely driven & competitive / boarderline crazy SOB).

Long story short, if I had worn the #23 when I played basketball in grade school, I would've had more confidence, and become the next MJ.  :rolleyes:

Just think how many titles LeBron would've won if he had the cajones to wear his number 23 in Miami.  Wearing the 6 clearly shattered his confidence.  

4 hours ago, kshoe said:

Teams normally block (i.e. have to sit out two years) transfers to schools within the conference. Admittedly, I don't know the exact A-10 bylaws but I'd think we are a long shot even if he wanted to come. 

I think you are correct but a waiver can be requested from the original school to void the residency year. Not sure if it has happened in the A10 but it has in the Big Ten 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Staying put, right?

Don't know if it's related but Tilmon did retweet his original tweet of his commitment to Illinois tonight confirming he's sticking with Illinois.  

Edit:  Was thinking Mark Smith, not Mike Lewis.  

2 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Don't know if it's related but Tilmon did retweet his original tweet of his commitment to Illinois tonight confirming he's sticking with Illinois.  

Our friend Roy over at prephoops Illinois decided to pontificate on Twitter about how JT made SLU fans look stupid 

10 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Our friend Roy over at prephoops Illinois decided to pontificate on Twitter about how JT made SLU fans look stupid 

This guy is a tool. Most of the talk about Tillmon possibly coming to SLU back in the fall was from Illini fans on their board. And then they talked again about the possibility after Groce got canned. They be the stupid ones.