Mike Lewis

3 minutes ago, billikenblue said:

With Zeke Moore leaving and Duquesne losing its coach I would be all over getting  Mike Lewis to come home to Saint Louis. 

we have other positions that need to be filled way before we knock on the door.

Just now, wgstl said:

we have other positions that need to be filled way before we knock on the door.

If it comes down to giving Aaron Hines a scholli last minute or bringing Mike Lewis home for a redshirt, I would choose Lewis. However someone said earlier in regards to the red shirted Kostas at Dayton, that inter conference transfers cost 2 years apparently. 

12 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Why would we clammor for an undersized guard who our 10 win team just beat in the conference tournament?

Man, it is definitely the offseason.

Not that I think it is a real possibility, but have you seen the kid play. He's terrific! I only hope one of our incoming players has the perimeter skills that he has shown.

20 minutes ago, slu72 fan said:

Not that I think it is a real possibility, but have you seen the kid play. He's terrific! I only hope one of our incoming players has the perimeter skills that he has shown.

I personally believe that he could be our best guard with continued improvement on our existing roster. 

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Never going to happen.  Lewis wears #1, same as Foreman.  So Lewis would have "no confidence in himself" if he came to SLU and had to change numbers.

Non of that remotely is close to what I even said, and it's so bad that you still don't understand that I was right about Zeke leaving because his number was available. 

Next time switch it around to make sense. Foreman would be showing a lack of confidence if he let someone transferring in take his number too. I don't think y'all get how important confidence is to a player in the game of basketball. 

38 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Non of that remotely is close to what I even said, and it's so bad that you still don't understand that I was right about Zeke leaving because his number was available. 

Next time switch it around to make sense. Foreman would be showing a lack of confidence if he let someone transferring in take his number too. I don't think y'all get how important confidence is to a player in the game of basketball. 

Which one is more important the number or the confidence?

Name one GREAT basketball player that doesn't have the highest confidence in themselves. Basketball players thrive on thoughts like "I'm the best" "I got this" "no one can stop me" "nobody is going to take that from me" 

I don't know any good player that would let someone just take their favorite number that means something to them unless another number opened up that they wanted. Small details matter. That's why players always have some routine before games

Do you really think anyone on this board doesn't understand how important confidence is to an athlete?

I have couple of kids around your age and here is a couple of pieces of advice I have given them. Think before you speak (not the other way around) and people do not need to hear every thought that comes into your head.

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Name one GREAT basketball player that doesn't have the highest confidence in themselves. Basketball players thrive on thoughts like "I'm the best" "I got this" "no one can stop me" "nobody is going to take that from me" 

I don't know any good player that would let someone just take their favorite number that means something to them unless another number opened up that they wanted. Small details matter. That's why players always have some routine before games

Please do less...

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I think he's onto something with this number thing and the confidence thing.  Remember when MJ came back and his number was 45 for awhile.  He clearly didn't have the confidence yet to wear #23 or his confidence with #45 wasn't as high as with #23 or the magical basketball number Gods wouldn't allow him to wear #23 because he had to prove his confidence first or something like that.  Anyways, we all know he got his mojo all the way back when he switched to #23, so clearly it was #23 and confidence or some combination of the two that made MJ so great (not...you know...possessing otherworldly basketball talent and being one extremely driven & competitive / boarderline crazy SOB).

Long story short, if I had worn the #23 when I played basketball in grade school, I would've had more confidence, and become the next MJ.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Long story short, if I had worn the #23 when I played basketball in grade school, I would've had more confidence, and become the next MJ.  :rolleyes:

+1...I started wearing a shirt with my old high school number under my work clothes. It's done wonders for my confidence...I simply take over business meetings now. Nobody can manage me.