Ford Talks About Mizzou Opening

Bills_06

1 minute ago, TheChosenOne said:

I am a big Mizzou fan, but that doesn't impact this discussion. These are media members (Dennis Dodd, Dave Matter, Gabe DeArmond, Chris Gervino, and others who I have seen post on $ sites) saying/writing/tweeting that Travis Ford has made programs aware that he will listen. I am going to believe that they aren't reporting lies and don't buy that they are all driving some false narrative. Regardless, this is the dumbest argument ever, so continue on without me.

I'm sure you will believe them in the same way you quickly bought their smears about Corey Tate. Chris Gervino and Gabe? :rolleyes: Do they have any sources outside of the Mizzou athletic department?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Buddy, tOSU found out that's underwood was leaving over social media according to reports. Youre going to get the company line every single time from Chris May. He doesn't give anything away and I'm telling you that it's a good thing when you don't want to make your fan base uneasy about the guy who just brought in a top recruiting class.

This goes to my point, did the AD for OSU come out before and say Underwood is happy there and will be coach there for long time?  Either way right now I would say that AD did a terrible job keeping the coach he hired happy at OSU.  I understand May isn't going to give away anything but that's why most of the time the coaches and ADs don't answer the questions and just talk around it.  He was in Pittsburgh and didn't have to take the interview request but he did and directly said Ford isn't going anywhere this year.  If he did, I would say May is clearly out of touch with the coach he hires and should be let go.  We can agree to disagree, it's not that big of a deal, just gives me some optimism that May is giving him some of the things he wanted.  I could be dead wrong though.   

I'm in the MU spreading sxit on SLU camp on this one.  Has there been any corroboration other than MU folks that TF was looking?  Did LSU's list ever include TF?  (Sorry, ACE, was typing this when you said the same thing)

I'm a season ticket holder from before RichG, and we have NEVER had this much splash in one year of recruiting.  Every new coach coming in has said we need to 'seal the borders', but no one else has ever been able to do what TF has done.  He has exceeded our expectations on the court, he has been accessible to the media, and seems to be a genuinely nice person.  He seems very intense on the court, Im afraid he is going to hit a ref sometimes.  To get us to Xavier/VCU/Marquette status SLU needs to make sure he is happy for a long time, and to make sure he doesnt leave for any program other than UK.  We should want people to think TF, whenever they hear SLU.  I think he is that good.  

I also believe our expectations for him are very high right now, and need to dial it back a bit.  There are many new moving parts next year, and it will take a little while to figure things out. I bet this is where he got into trouble at OkSt.  High expectations from the  MBMs like us.  How many days now til practice starts?

4 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

Soooo.......... is Tillmon coming to SLU!?

I assume we won't hear anything more about that until Illinois finishes their season and we find out about Walker's future. Has anyone else heard that Mark Smith is essentially a lock to Illinois? Assuming they keep Tilmon and the rest of the class together and add Smith they will have a heck of a class for Underwood to build with.

6 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

I'm in the MU spreading sxit on SLU camp on this one.  Has there been any corroboration other than MU folks that TF was looking?  Did LSU's list ever include TF?  (Sorry, ACE, was typing this when you said the same thing)

I'm a season ticket holder from before RichG, and we have NEVER had this much splash in one year of recruiting.  Every new coach coming in has said we need to 'seal the borders', but no one else has ever been able to do what TF has done.  He has exceeded our expectations on the court, he has been accessible to the media, and seems to be a genuinely nice person.  He seems very intense on the court, Im afraid he is going to hit a ref sometimes.  To get us to Xavier/VCU/Marquette status SLU needs to make sure he is happy for a long time, and to make sure he doesnt leave for any program other than UK.  We should want people to think TF, whenever they hear SLU.  I think he is that good.  

I also believe our expectations for him are very high right now, and need to dial it back a bit.  There are many new moving parts next year, and it will take a little while to figure things out. I bet this is where he got into trouble at OkSt.  High expectations from the  MBMs like us.  How many days now til practice starts?

IMG_9075.GIF

I'd most likely bet that JT stays with U of I. Everything around Mark Smith seems to lead towards U of I, but I wouldn't rule out other schools. Butler is one that might be in play there, as they just picked up a crystal ball prediction on 24/7. Could mean nothing, could mean something. 

(Once again clarifying that I have no inside knowledge of anything, simply relaying things from twitter from various accounts)

16 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I thought that too, until I read in the article that he bought it in October.

I wasn't sure how to read it. It says it "was sold" in October but also implies Ford just recently bought it. So I thought your renting scenario in between was a possibility.