Moore & Neufeld transferring

12 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Honestly what bugs me is your obsession with Zeke. No one in a P5 school would fawn over a bench freshmen on a 270 ken Pom team like you guys do. Set your sights higher. He will easily be over recruited by Ford. Be ready for what we see in the future because it is bright. 

What else are people supposed to talk about??? There is litterally no other news to talk about, except next year, which won't happen for a little while. 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Honestly what bugs me is your obsession with Zeke. No one in a P5 school would fawn over a bench freshmen on a 270 ken Pom team like you guys do. Set your sights higher. He will easily be over recruited by Ford. Be ready for what we see in the future because it is bright. 

I actually agree. Too bad he has the stench of Crews that he cannot rinse off. He will always be remembered as the back up plan for Tatum. Not his fault.

Do we really think this is it for transfers?

3 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

I actually agree. Too bad he has the stench of Crews that he cannot rinse off. He will always be remembered as the back up plan for Tatum. Not his fault.

Do we really think this is it for transfers?

Possibly Gillman 

long shots are Hines and Bishop

12 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Wait.  You know we are in the A10, right?  Are you referring to one person or the whole board?  To be clear, did you envision a metaphysical transformation of all posters on the board from the first sentence to the second?  Jk, but seriously, we are in the A10.

Glorydays please for once in your lifetime try to keep your mouth shut while other members of this board express their good wishes to Zeke. He is a kid, this is a bad moment for him. At least try to respect that. What is done is done, he will go somewhere else and try to become what he could not be here. No one is talking in terms of P5 schools for sure, but equally for sure he can be a star somewhere in D1.

All season consensus around here has been pretty much they can all go except for Roby, Jj, Welmer with kind of a luke warm Bishop keeping. Now we've been given 2 transfers one a unanimous good riddance, the other less so. The headline is sweet we did get two more schollies for an amazingly productive recruiter to try his luck twice more before season starts. It's like christmas in spring. Sh8t may be going on even as I type.

8 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Glorydays please for once in your lifetime try to keep your mouth shut while other members of this board express their good wishes to Zeke. He is a kid, this is a bad moment for him. At least try to respect that. What is done is done, he will go somewhere else and try to become what he could not be here. No one is talking in terms of P5 schools for sure, but equally for sure he can be a star somewhere in D1.

I think he will absolutley be a star and I wish him well. This is the best thing for him since he won't play with Fords recruits. Also whoever said we are in the A10... think bigger. We have a B12 coach who recruits at a B12 level. From now on there will be no 2* recruits or non top 150 guys 

10 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Old guy, leave Glorydays alone, he's just a kid going through a bad moment in his life, try to respect that! Really though, this sh¡t is giving me a fμcking headache, every thread seems to be the same. Also, how do you know this is a bad moment for Zeke? 

Thanks to Stu Durando for the timely interview:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/billiken-beat/ford-says-slu-recruiting-on-solid-footing/article_92005023-6686-58dd-91de-84f39d220b7a.html

Highlights:

Ford said he has had two meetings with his staff to discuss a recruiting plan in light of the departure of Moore and Neufeld.

“I told the staff, 'We're in no hurry,'” he said. “I like where our team is at. Do we add somebody we think could help next year? Do we look at someone who could redshirt? There are a lot of avenues you can go, but we're in a good spot. We have no gaping holes to fill but you always figure out how you can help your team.”

---------------------------------------------------------

"Recruiting is going really well, even with people approaching us at this point," he said. "It's gotten to be where we want it, probably a little quicker than I anticipated. The reputation of our program is where we have people who want to be a part of this."

SLU will have five returning players next season to go with four transfers and two freshmen. Ford said guard Jermaine Bishop will apply for a medical red shirt after playing in nine of the team's 33 games and expects it will be granted.

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I think he will absolutley be a star and I wish him well. This is the best thing for him since he won't play with Fords recruits. Also whoever said we are in the A10... think bigger. We have a B12 coach who recruits at a B12 level. From now on there will be no 2* recruits or non top 150 guys 

Long time lurker as UG, but now as alum I decided to post. Two things: 1. There is a difference between two star recruits and not top 150. There are A LOT of three star guys out there who aren't in the top 150. 2. I am completely ok with not 150 recruits. Sure, you want to have a healthy portion of them, but you could be recruiting guys that buy into your system or fit a mold you're looking for. I vaguely remember a team my sophomore year that reached 10th in AP with not a top 150 guy in the starting five. Or, heck, you could see potential in a kid and find a diamond in the rough (Being in Omaha now I think Justin Patton at Creighton--although he turned out to be a top 100 guy at the end of his HS career, he certainly wasn't when he received his only D1 offer his JR year).

But in regards to the topic, best of luck to these two. Can't fault kids for not wanting to stay when playing for a new coach who didn't recruit them and they see opportunities to play more elsewhere. Zeke is tough, though. As a local kid, you want him to stay and do well. 

15 minutes ago, rollbills said:

Long time lurker as UG, but now as alum I decided to post. Two things: 1. There is a difference between two star recruits and not top 150. There are A LOT of three star guys out there who aren't in the top 150. 2. I am completely ok with not 150 recruits. Sure, you want to have a healthy portion of them, but you could be recruiting guys that buy into your system or fit a mold you're looking for. I vaguely remember a team my sophomore year that reached 10th in AP with not a top 150 guy in the starting five. Or, heck, you could see potential in a kid and find a diamond in the rough (Being in Omaha now I think Justin Patton at Creighton--although he turned out to be a top 100 guy at the end of his HS career, he certainly wasn't when he received his only D1 offer his JR year).

But in regards to the topic, best of luck to these two. Can't fault kids for not wanting to stay when playing for a new coach who didn't recruit them and they see opportunities to play more elsewhere. Zeke is tough, though. As a local kid, you want him to stay and do well. 

Troll, you choose to quote and comment on Glorydays for your first post, veeeeeeery suspicious, go back to the Creighton board where you belong, seat's taken!

19 minutes ago, rollbills said:

Just now, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Troll, you choose to quote and comment on Glorydays for your first post, veeeeeeery suspicious, go back to the Creighton board where you belong, seat's taken!

I kid, I kid, it's actually an above average first post......what are your thoughts on Whiskey Tango???

5 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Glory days, you called it. You saw the meaning in the tweet that others would never understand. You were thinking like a college kid

Good call, Glorydays. Watching these others bend over backwards to insult you is hilarious.

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

A bad moment for Zeke was losing at home to Samford and only squeaking by Chicago St by 2.

A bad moment was getting blown away by Dayton as though they were junior high kids.

This is probably a good moment. Zeke's going to have a degree and be fine. You are delusional.

Classy post by Moore.  No shame in being recruited over.  He'll find a spot at a lower D-1 school and have a nice career.

A couple of guys on twitter bashed his post.  Hope they don't post here.

7 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Watch out for Roy

The chances of Tilmon coming here are Slim and none and Slim left town last week.

10 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Possibly Gillman 

long shots are Hines and Bishop

Listen to Coach's 590 interview on the Press Box from yesterday.  He mentioned Bishop several times, so it appears he is counting on him.  He also in the Stu article said Bishop will file for a medical waiver, and expects that it will be granted.  He did not mention Gillmann, but I will let you draw any conclusions you want.