Moore & Neufeld transferring

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Neufeld isn't surprising, but I'm a little surprised about Zeke.

Not too surprising.  Zeke was already going to be 3rd on the depth chart (that's if Bishop stays) and Ford was recruiting above him.  Not a good situation if playing time is the main goal.

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. Nobody is bullying you. Stop acting like a little victim.

No you just blinding critize me. Maybe I should quote all of for when I said it was a big deal that Goodwin tweeted about taking number 23 and y'all said it was nothing. 

I'm surprised that Zeke Moore, being from St. Louis, would transfer, but perhaps he really didn't click with Coach Ford and/or he realizes playing time will be hard to come by with the incoming guards.  When he committed, though, it was to Jim Crews, Jim Platt, Calbert Cheaney, and Danny Brown.  Maybe those relationships were more in line with what his expectations were.

He's a good shooter and has good length and athleticism, so it's unfortunate to lose him.  There was no guarantee that Fred Thatch, as a freshman, could beat him out as a junior.

I still harbored hopes for Matt Neufeld, being 6'11", but he might just not be scrappy enough for Ford's system.

1 minute ago, slubillikens43 said:

So what's the scholarship situation now? With thatch and Gordon in place to replace Roby and Gillmann after this next season, we still have 2 open right?

It looks like two new scholarships for 2017.  Those not filled could be rolled over into 2018 (or still be available for 2018 is used on a grad transfer -- though it's hard for SLU to get one of those).

Just now, Quality Is Job 1 said:

It looks like two new scholarships for 2017.  Those not filled could be rolled over into 2018 (or still be available for 2018 is used on a grad transfer -- though it's hard for SLU to get one of those).

Well boom. Now we have a spot for Duane Wilson to replace Zeke AND a spot for 2018. PERFECT. 

2 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

No you just blinding critize me. Maybe I should quote all of for when I said it was a big deal that Goodwin tweeted about taking number 23 and y'all said it was nothing. 

You say ridiculous things constantly, you've brought criticisms on yourself. You type like a 15 year old. So it shouldn't surprise you when people fail to take you seriously

I'm pretty bummed Zeke is leaving. His shooting the next 3 years could have been a huge asset on this team. Obviously playing time would be harder to come by with how loaded the backcourt is going to be, but still a little surprising. 

1 minute ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Well boom. Now we have a spot for Duane Wilson to replace Zeke AND a spot for 2018. PERFECT. 

This is what I'm trying to tell you. You follow up gloating with a claim for which you have no evidence. This is why you perceive that people treat you like the boy who cried wolf

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

This is what I'm trying to tell you. You follow up gloating with a claim for which you have no evidence. This is why you perceive that people treat you like the boy who cried wolf

Insiders and predictions never have hard evidence to show until something happens. If I could show the future I would. 

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. Nobody is bullying you. Stop acting like a little victim.

or take it somewhere else. I am tolerant of all posters except ones from opposing teams but anyone who can't figure out what will set people off on any board is usually clueless I'm more than that area. 

Guess we ain't heard anything about where they are off to. Seems like Zeke may fit in the Valley. Matt may be able to find some playing time in D-2. I too think Zeke may of contributed. But to the real concern; does this mean TF has got 2 more schollies for this season to had 2 more top 100 recruits for this season? fingers getting hard just typing this, all those transfers coming out plus anyone who gets released from any of the teams whose coaches have been booted or moved. Pistol might we need a white paper to lay it all out

2 minutes ago, almaman said:

Guess we ain't heard anything about where they are off to. Seems like Zeke may fit in the Valley. Matt may be able to find some playing time in D-2. I too think Zeke may of contributed. But to the real concern; does this mean TF has got 2 more schollies for this season to had 2 more top 100 recruits for this season? fingers getting hard just typing this, all those transfers coming out plus anyone who gets released from any of the teams whose coaches have been booted or moved. Pistol might we need a white paper to lay it all out

Yea give me the two open schollies all day 

IMG_8886.JPG