Moore & Neufeld transferring

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Interesting quote from Moore on the article linked on this board's Latest News.  As we already know, Maurice Scott hasn't a clue as to what went on at SLU.  This provides further proof.

Moore played in 29 games last season for the Billikens and averaged just over 5.0 points and 2.0 rebounds per game. He said he talked it over with his family at spring break and decided to transfer.

Also missed the part where it says Zeke will be their point guard on their team. The way they said it hints at how he wasn't happy he didn't get to play PG last year and had Hines playing over him 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

That seems like the best team a transfering player has gone from slu right?

Are you limiting it to Crews's recruits?  If so, then, probably so.  Going back, Marcus Relphorde went to Colorado via a junior college after leaving SLU.  Julian Winfield went to Missouri after committing to Kansas after leaving SLU, because of his dad.

I would say Bartley to SIU-C and Yarbrough to Illinois State aren't far off from Neufeld's move to UC-Davis, though.

1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Are you limiting it to Crews's recruits?  If so, then, probably so.  Going back, Marcus Relphorde went to Colorado via a junior college after leaving SLU.  Julian Winfield went to Missouri after committing to Kansas after leaving SLU, because of his dad.

I would say Bartley to SIU-C and Yarbrough to Illinois State aren't far off from Neufeld's move to UC-Davis, though.

Illinois State is better than UC-Davis. They were an NCAA at-large caliber team last year. Methdale typically a notch above Davis. 

7 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Surely you aren't serious. ISU was essentially a tournament team - easily top 50. Even an average Valley team is better than UC effing Davis

23 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Surely you aren't serious. ISU was essentially a tournament team - easily top 50. Even an average Valley team is better than UC effing Davis

I guess I'm not basing my perception of a program's level on a single year.  However, if that's your position, then TRav's suggestion that Neufeld's transfer was the "highest" must be arguably incorrect.

3 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I guess I'm not basing my perception of a program's level on a single year.  However, if that's your position, then TRav's suggestion that Neufeld's transfer was the "highest" must be arguably incorrect.

Comparing the programs over the long-term makes it even more of a disparity....

UC Davis had only been D1 for a short period of time.

And yes, I thought his post was preposterous.

I don't know anything about UC Davis's personnel but if they have a talented point guard who can get Neufeld some easy buckets inside, Matt could be a productive player there. Wouldn't hurt if the coach allowed him shoot from 15-17 foot either. Neufeld is actually a pretty good shooter from there.

50 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Nolan Berry, grandson of Billiken great Easy Ed Maculey, wasted a year being a Bronco. 

Wow, that is a name I had forgotten about. There was a lot of hand-wringing about not landing Berry back in the day.

2 hours ago, TFord and TRavs said:

If UC Davis made the tourney wouldn't they be better than Illinois State?

UCD =  C- = Ford or Duq

Ill St = B+ = a notch below Day, RI and VCU = NIT

59 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Got it. Too bad ILL state got screwed over in the tourney 

While they maybe should have been placed in the tourney but they choked against IL in the NIT at home so they lost all credibility to their claim of being screwed.  If you are going to ***** you better deliver to prove you deserve to be there.

11 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

While they maybe should have been placed in the tourney but they choked against IL in the NIT at home so they lost all credibility to their claim of being screwed.  If you are going to ***** you better deliver to prove you deserve to be there.

Huh? So either they deserve the top 30 rpi spot y'all said they had or rpi don't matter and they (UC Davis) made it in the tourney and ILL state didn't.