Moore & Neufeld transferring

22 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

You're the one dragging the 2016 rotation debates back up, just to talk some more $hit on Zeke Moore after he's gone. Just give it up already. This is exactly why people think you're just a troll.

I don't think you know what a troll is. I've said Zeke is a poor Crews recruit and his transfer to some random school proves it. I apologize that I want the best for our program. 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Intentionally resurrecting old, irrelevant controversies just to draw negative attention to yourself is the definition of trollhood. The fun thing about words is that they mean what they mean, regardless of what you believe or how you want to portray yourself.

28 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

Intentionally resurrecting old, irrelevant controversies just to draw negative attention to yourself is the definition of trollhood. The fun thing about words is that they mean what they mean, regardless of what you believe or how you want to portray yourself.

The conversation is about what school Zeke went to. The only thing to comment on is how poor of a program is going to. None of our players who left since Crews went on to better programs. That's a knock on the coach who recruited them imo. That era has ended 

5 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

The conversation is about what school Zeke went to. The only thing to comment on is how poor of a program is going to. None of our players who left since Crews went on to better programs. That's a knock on the coach who recruited them imo. That era has ended 

Holy sh!t, Crews is fired?

Image result for landed a man on the moon meme

A few people on this blog seem to enjoy bashing my son, Zeke. Well, I am here to help easy your pain.

I have been a fan of the site. But it seems like a few on here really hate Zeke. Hopefully your hatred toward Zeke doesn't filter out into the real world. 

So here we go:

Transferring: Zeke left because SLU was not a good fit. Zeke is a ball handler that plays the 1&2/pg/SG. He esnts to get up and down a little. He needs to play in a program that will allowed him to be develop as that. (He is a drible, drive shoot pass guy).

Relationship: Although Ford was a good coach he was not the coach that recruited Zeke. This means there were never a good relationship between Moore family and coach Ford's staff. There was never any issues, Zeke gave his all both on and off the court.

School of choice:

People! Not because Zeke choose Tennessee Tech means that he can only play in the OVC... the following are a list of schools that Zeke could have played for after getting his release:

Illinois State 

Indiana State 

Maury State 

Chattanooga 

Tulsa 

UNLV

NMSU (my alma mater)

Taledo 

Ball State  (they beat us by 20)

And many more... no high majors on his list ... But! You have to admit all these schools are good basketball programs. Most are better programs than SLU, just look at their NCAA tournament appearances vs how many times SLU have been there. 

Tennessee Tech: Coach Payne is a great person.. He is a family man.. Zeke will have a great relationship with him. Zeke will be playing his natural position and will be given every opportunity to develop at his position. If Zeke were to stay at SLU where will he fit in??? Zeke is 6ft7... he is young and have a tremendous upside with the right fit.. TTU is that fit!

Goodwin Jersey: Zeke told him that he can have 23 because he knew he will not be at SLU next year.

People: My son is a good kid. You should get to know him. He just wants to be good and I am very proud of his ambition. The Moore family is proud of his character and love for the game.

So Get off his back!! He is a well loved 19 year old kid that has the support from his family!

11 minutes ago, Zeke's Dad said:

A few people on this blog seem to enjoy bashing my son, Zeke. Well, I am here to help easy your pain.

I have been a fan of the site. But it seems like a few on here really hate Zeke. Hopefully your hatred toward Zeke doesn't filter out into the real world. 

So here we go:

Transferring: Zeke left because SLU was not a good fit. Zeke is a ball handler that plays the 1&2/pg/SG. He esnts to get up and down a little. He needs to play in a program that will allowed him to be develop as that. (He is a drible, drive shoot pass guy).

Relationship: Although Ford was a good coach he was not the coach that recruited Zeke. This means there were never a good relationship between Moore family and coach Ford's staff. There was never any issues, Zeke gave his all both on and off the court.

School of choice:

People! Not because Zeke choose Tennessee Tech means that he can only play in the OVC... the following are a list of schools that Zeke could have played for after getting his release:

Illinois State 

Indiana State 

Maury State 

Chattanooga 

Tulsa 

UNLV

NMSU (my alma mater)

Taledo 

And many more... no high majors on his list ... But! You have to admit all these schools are good basketball programs. Most are better programs than SLU, just look at their NCAA tournament appearances vs how many times SLU have been there. 

Tennessee Tech: Coach Payne is a great person.. He is a family man.. Zeke will have a great relationship with him. Zeke will be playing his natural position and will be given every opportunity to develop at his position. If Zeke were to stay at SLU where will he fit in??? Zeke is 6ft7... he is young and have a tremendous upside with the right fit.. TTU is that fit!

Goodwin Jersey: Zeke told him that he can have 23 because he knew he will not be at SLU next year.

People: My son is a good kid. You should get to know him. He just wants to be good and I am very proud of his ambition. The Moore family is proud of his character and love for the game.

So Get off his back!! He is a well loved 19 year old kid that has the support from his family!

I would say a majority of the people on this board wanted your son to stay. He worked hard, played hard and contributed to some of the success the billikens had this year.

Don't let a few people that feel the need to grace the board with their "wisdom" color your thoughts of slu fans as a whole. We wish Zeke the best with his career. I think he would have done well at SLU, but i can't begrudge his decision to transfer.

4 hours ago, Zeke's Dad said:

So here we go:

School of choice:

Illinois State 

Indiana State 

Maury State 

Chattanooga 

Tulsa 

UNLV

NMSU (my alma mater)

Taledo 

I don't know or care if you really are Zeke's father - but I wish Zeke all the best. I hope he has success on the court, but (far, far) more importantly I hope he gets a good education and becomes a success in life.  We on the board are myopically focused on basketball when there is more to college, and life.

Zeke had the chance to go to New Mexico State and didn't? :angry: What was he thinking?

Just kidding about it but I do like to listen to NMSU games late at night during hoop season when I can't sleep. A few minutes of Aggie hoops and it's off to dream land. Good luck to Zeke.

Thank  you Zeke's Dad for your post. I always liked Zeke a lot and thought it was a really bad break when he injured himself during the last season and could not play at the time we needed him the most. That is water under the bridge. I am happy to hear he is taking the route he considers best to himself and wish him all the best. 

4 hours ago, hoppybeer said:

I would say a majority of the people on this board wanted your son to stay. He worked hard, played hard and contributed to some of the success the billikens had this year.

Don't let a few people that feel the need to grace the board with their "wisdom" color your thoughts of slu fans as a whole. We wish Zeke the best with his career. I think he would have done well at SLU, but i can't begrudge his decision to transfer.

Agreed. It's pretty much one person and he's only doing it because he needs to be the center of attention. Watching Zeke provided several of the highlights last season and I was sad to see him go.

@Zeke's Dad - I am happy that Zeke was able to find a good landing spot.  His skillset is definitely intriguing and I think he has the ability to really put up great numbers as he receives more playing time.  Please do not let the few bad apples on here skew the appreciation most SLU fans have for Zeke.  He was a great representative of the University and I will always remember the UMass game where he led the 2nd half comeback through his hustle and great defense. 

I plan to follow his career for the next 4 years.  I hope he is able to make the tournament and then knock off Mizzou in the 3-14 match up in 2019.  :-)

6 hours ago, Zeke's Dad said:

So here we go:

School of choice:

Illinois State 

Indiana State 

Maury State 

Chattanooga 

Tulsa 

UNLV

NMSU (my alma mater)

Taledo 

Hey Zeke's dad, Thanks for the post and the insight. As others have said 90+% were glad to have Zeke play for the Bills and many of those believed he would have had a place had he stayed. Others believed as it seems Zeke did that the fit just wasn't right. Very few believed Zeke was a bad player so please don't let a few color your opinion of SLU fans and this board. Obviously during the season emotions are all over the place, You score 15 and you're suddenly the next A10 player of the year. You score 3 and go 2 for 10 and you should be transferring to SIUE. Personally I think Zeke will do well and have a nice career and I believe he'd have done the same had he stayed. Most important though is that he found a coach he likes and a school he feels will be a great fit where he can grow as a person and a player. All the best to Zeke and to you. Please stop by once in a while and update us.

6 hours ago, Zeke's Dad said:

So here we go:

School of choice:

Illinois State 

Indiana State 

Maury State 

Chattanooga 

Tulsa 

UNLV

NMSU (my alma mater)

Taledo 

13 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Hey Zeke's dad, Thanks for the post and the insight. As others have said 90+% were glad to have Zeke play for the Bills and many of those believed he would have had a place had he stayed. Others believed as it seems Zeke did that the fit just wasn't right. Very few believed Zeke was a bad player so please don't let a few color your opinion of SLU fans and this board. Obviously during the season emotions are all over the place, You score 15 and you're suddenly the next A10 player of the year. You score 3 and go 2 for 10 and you should be transferring to SIUE. Personally I think Zeke will do well and have a nice career and I believe he'd have done the same had he stayed. Most important though is that he found a coach he likes and a school he feels will be a great fit where he can grow as a person and a player. All the best to Zeke and to you. Please stop by once in a while and update us.

I think most people wanted Zeke to stay. You don't often find a 6'7 kid with a good stroke. Plus, he seemed to be energetic and enthusiastic about SLU. 

Good luck to Zeke and thanks for stopping by. Please know 99% of people don't have a single bad thing to say about Zeke. 

I hope he wins the OVC.

It is unfortunate that a player's dad must enter this site to defend his own son.  I am willing to bet Zeke could easily take every single Billikens.com poster in a game of one on one, so get off him, and these other kids' backs.  I too am happy to see certain students transfer out of the program, but ripping on them here or anywhere is just unnecessary.  They are 18-22 year old college students who happen to be really good at basketball...or really tall.

I personally think Zeke could have stayed at SLU, earned some playing time and gotten a great education.  I do also believe that it was a stretch to see him earning a starting spot at any point.  So if he found a better fit for him and his dreams, then congratulations to him.

I love visiting this site to catch up on the latest, insider, Billiken news.  But give the kids a break.

57 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Can someone send this to that dumba.$$ radio guy who said SLU ran off Zeke?

Yeah, I think the message from @Zeke's Dad would be better off sent to a few local media members than the members here, who mostly would've supported Zeke whether he chose to stay or leave. I don't think there was much question that he was a good kid and a player with some intriguing potential. Assuming that is Zeke's dad, it's a shame he had to pop in during the particularly toxic moment we're having during a postseason lull, and I hope the recent loud voices don't overshadow the long-time reasonable ones.

In short - we're not the ones that need convincing!

I too appreciate what Zeke's Dad had to say.  And on behalf of the Billiken fandom, I apologize for the two or three idiots on this site that feel they have supernatural insight into the Billiken program and think they can evaluate talent.  And Maurice Scott, please apologize for your remarks.

I hope that whomever receives Zeke's scholarship can equal his output.  Zeke had a remarkable five game streak, hitting 8 of 12 three pointers upon his return to the lineup following his injury.  39% season average from the 3 is nice. Had Zeke been fouled enough, and shot enough FT, he would have set several Billiken class records.  And Zeke's defense was underrated.  His activity at the point of the press or the zone was fun to watch.

Good luck to your son.

(Glory Days, the proper thing to do here would be to apologize to Mr. Moore.)

29 minutes ago, Billiken3 said:

It is unfortunate that a player's dad must enter this site to defend his own son.  

Well, he didn't - the majority of the posters here like Zeke - but I appreciate hearing from him.

Best of luck to Zeke.  I think he'll have a great career, and I look forward to following him at his new school.  That's not something I can say about most of the other kids who left.   

Best of luck to Zeke in the future.  Would have been nice to see another St Louis native develop and prosper at SLU.  Please take the body of the outpouring of positives from this message as how the majority of us feel about Zeke.

Gory Days, your comments have come home to roost.  Hopefully you will temper you tone and comments in the future.  Your silence on this is deafening.

mhg

Zeke showed some potential, especially the last month. Seemed like a good kid and I would have been fine if he continued here, but understand him looking for other opportunities. Wouldn't be surprised if he did very well at his next stop. If this is Zeke's dad, just further confirmation that Mo Scott is a tool and GloryDays is officially a prick. 

8 hours ago, Zeke's Dad said:

So here we go:

School of choice:

Illinois State 

Indiana State 

Maury State 

Chattanooga 

Tulsa 

UNLV

NMSU (my alma mater)

Taledo 

I wish Zeke all the best for the remainder of his college career. As others have already said, many here saw a role and a future for Zeke at SLU. Admittedly, my vision for Zeke seems to differ from Zeke's ambitions, which is perfectly fine.