Moore & Neufeld transferring

16 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

I love the idea that Ford 'redshirted' Bishop during this down year in hopes of using his 3 years on quality teams... if that's how it turns out. He'd have to have liked what he saw in practice 

....and on the court.  Remember when JB went down, he was the leading scorer on the team and doing a credible job as the starting PG on a team with a new HC and new system.  I will be very glad if he has decided to stay.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I did too and was an athlete there when we moved from NAIA to D2. There was a noticeable difference in the lowest common denominator there - you could really tell with the more major sports - baseball, football, basketball 

oh, and Go #Beercats

You must have just missed me then. I was with the baseball team. 

19 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I think he will absolutley be a star and I wish him well. This is the best thing for him since he won't play with Fords recruits. Also whoever said we are in the A10... think bigger. We have a B12 coach who recruits at a B12 level. From now on there will be no 2* recruits or non top 150 guys 

A star??? Maybe at the division 2 level. Zeke has average athleticism,is physically weak and has average ball skills. For him to contribute he would have to be an outstanding shooter, something he showed only  on rare occasions. 

Honestly what bugs me is your obsession with Zeke. No one in a P5 school would fawn over a bench freshmen on a 270 ken Pom team like you guys do. Set your sights higher. He will easily be over recruited by Ford. Be ready for what we see in the future because it is bright. 

I think he will absolutley be a star and I wish him well. This is the best thing for him since he won't play with Fords recruits. Also whoever said we are in the A10... think bigger. We have a B12 coach who recruits at a B12 level. From now on there will be no 2* recruits or non top 150 guys 

Makes you go hmm

1 hour ago, DirtyRican said:

I wish someone told me this while I was playing baseball at SLU!  I had to change majors 2 times and take summer classes to graduate in 4 years.  My parents weren't paying for 4.5 year education for me and missing practically every Spring semester due to travel made school tough.  I did get a new glove each season so there was that.

This is my fault for not being specific in what I mean. High major football and basketball programs generate millions of dollars for their institutions, their coaches are millionaires and their athletes have the best of everything.

7 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Don't lose sight of the fact Gillmann also switched majors along the way.

I have never heard from anyone in the AD or the media proclaiming Austin is graduating with his Bachelor degree by the beginning of the fall semester.

He's not graduating this spring

2 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

This is my fault for not being specific in what I mean. High major football and basketball programs generate millions of dollars for their institutions, their coaches are millionaires and their athletes have the best of everything.

I figured as much, just really wanted to humble brag!  haha 

On 3/22/2017 at 5:39 PM, STL Hoops Insider said:

Repeat after me: Most college sports programs lose money. Most college sports programs lose money. Most college sports programs lose money.

Even the biggest ones. I can probably find you a few dozen articles like this one if you'd like. 

47 minutes ago, bonwich said:

Repeat after me: Most college sports programs lose money. Most college sports programs lose money. Most college sports programs lose money.

Even the biggest ones. I can probably find you a few dozen articles like this one if you'd like. 

I mean saying "we lost money" after we built a new house for residences and redid all the coaching offices and player facilities for the players,  And then we paid our coach far more than our university president and the assistants make tons of money is a pretty empty statement.

Obviously I don't think Fordham gets the best stuff - but top level schools yeah they get nice stuff.

1 hour ago, bonwich said:

Thank you Bonwich and thanks for the link.  The economics of sports in general are widely misunderstood but college even more so. 

Bonwich. While it may be true that the vast majority of college sports programs lose money, it must be understood that any outside money earned by a college team in tournament play, ticket revenue, or TV coverage rights will help defray its costs. It is better to have a team with outside income going into the balance sheet than one without any outside income. Once a fairly secure outside income flow is established, then it is up to the school to balance the financial act of the sport team to, at the very least, make the loss bearable by the school. If they cannot manage this balancing act they deserve whatever they get from running steep losses. Yes, I know school administrators are not finance oriented to be mild about it, and do blow the balancing act.

If you didn't see on the front page links, rumblings from SLU hater Maurice Scott of the St Louis American: 

"But something real stinky happened right down the street regarding Travis Ford and his band in the SLU basketball program.

Former Riverview Gardens standout Zeke Moore was forced out and asked for his release of his scholarship from SLU without much fanfare from the local media.

But it didn’t go unnoticed from the East Side. Moore, who averaged 5.3 points and 20 minutes per game, was quite impressive during the 2016-17 Billiken season as a true freshman.

Moore’s ability off the bench helped spark numerous Billikens runs that turned into the few wins the Billikens had this season. But head coach Travis Ford never seemed to give Zeke Moore the opportunity to blossom and often pulled him out of games just when he was doing well."

50 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

If you didn't see on the front page links, rumblings from SLU hater Maurice Scott of the St Louis American: 

"But something real stinky happened right down the street regarding Travis Ford and his band in the SLU basketball program.

Former Riverview Gardens standout Zeke Moore was forced out and asked for his release of his scholarship from SLU without much fanfare from the local media.

But it didn’t go unnoticed from the East Side. Moore, who averaged 5.3 points and 20 minutes per game, was quite impressive during the 2016-17 Billiken season as a true freshman.

Moore’s ability off the bench helped spark numerous Billikens runs that turned into the few wins the Billikens had this season. But head coach Travis Ford never seemed to give Zeke Moore the opportunity to blossom and often pulled him out of games just when he was doing well."

And yet, other than his own assertion, he offers no proof that Zeke was forced out. 

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

And yet, other than his own assertion, he offers no proof that Zeke was forced out. 

I know for a fact that this is absolute garbage. Zeke was not forced out at all. In fact, Coach Ford wanted him to stay but other people influenced him to look for greener pastures.

"And make no mistake, the alumni and fans at Saint Louis University and the University of Illinois will feel the effect of Martin’s coaching, integrity and winning ways that are coming to Columbia. Martin and his staff will do things the right way at the University of Missouri."

truly an amazing paragraph 

4 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

"And make no mistake, the alumni and fans at Saint Louis University and the University of Illinois will feel the effect of Martin’s coaching, integrity and winning ways that are coming to Columbia. Martin and his staff will do things the right way at the University of Missouri."

truly an amazing paragraph 

I figured Scott would do the bidding for Martin. He is a hack.

40 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Of course not, he and Charlie Tuna are hacks who love nothing more than to rip the local schools. I guess Scott now has a "friend" in Columbia at least on the hoops side, so maybe he will limit his bs to the football side there.