Best team? Best player??

DoctorB

Did a fair amount of binge-watching this weekend; saw all or most of many good games.  My take:

Best team:  Kansas;  runners-up, in order:  UCLA, Gonzaga

Best Player: (TIED) = Josh Jackson, UK & Lonzo Ball, UCLA; 

runners-up, in order: Fox & Monk, Kentucky; Swanigan, Purdue, & Thornwell, South Carolina

addendum:  most overrated = Duke, of course;  Tatum looked in over his head a bit = I sure wish he would stay another year to fill out and improve, but of course he won't.  And Kentucky has stud athletes but most of that game they deserved to lose to Wichita.

4 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Most underrated: Wisconsin? Their path is wide open now 

The thing with Wisconsin is that if they stay within striking distance, there isn't a duo a feel more comfortable hitting big shots in crunch time than Koenig and Hayes. When I saw Florida earlier in the season when they were fully healthy, they may have been the best team I had seen during the season. So that one could be interesting.

A few more notes;

I also liked Wisconsin a lot, and in fact picked them to win that game.  They got a low seed, but Koenig is right up there with anyone as far as gutsy and heart.  Wisconsin also has great experience in the tournament...  Darkhorse?  I think they have a good shot at making the Final 4.

I was impressed with Purdue; they have the biggest guy in the field, Haas, who looks like he is close to 8 feet tall out there!  Can they compete with Kansas? Well, they are pretty big, that's for sure!

I was really ready to dislike Lonzo Ball; I really never saw him this year and after all the ballyhoo I figured he was an overrated wannabe.  Folks, he is one impressive basketball player!  Unlike most of these lottery draft kids, he really seems to know how the game is played:  he couples terrific vision and court awareness with the uncanny ability to put the ball exactly where his teammate needs it to finish.  Overall, UCLA was the team that surprised me the most