GDT: NCAA Tournament, Round 1

Pistol

Final Score from Saturday's All Jesuit NCAA West Regional Final in San Jose: Gonzaga 83 Xavier 59.

One of the refs that shook hands pregame with the Gonzaga Jesuit Priest, who sits on the Zags' bench, was the same ref that T'ed up Xavier Coach Mack in the Second Half.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam. 

From watching the shire Joy of the Gonzaga fans yesterday, I can only imagine what it would be like if our St. Louis U Billikens ever reach that pinnacle. A Spokane tv station was interviewing Zags fans on Santa Clara Street as we exited the Shark Tank.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-was an option for KY yesterday with 0.3 on the clock to get a technical on the player guarding the in-bounder? I think with so little time that was their best way to score, fake a pass and have the ball in front of the in-bounder and hope the UNC guy touches it while out of bounds

10 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-was an option for KY yesterday with 0.3 on the clock to get a technical on the player guarding the in-bounder? I think with so little time that was their best way to score, fake a pass and have the ball in front of the in-bounder and hope the UNC guy touches it while out of bounds

Also draw a charging foul on the guy guarding the inbound. 

-the charge in that situation is not being called much and more teams are aware, I get that it is called sometimes, but getting a T for a player grabbing the ball while it is out of bounds is not as common as the charge, which was great when new

-one other point, i hate to say this, but the refs can't keep up with the game, how many times in a fast break is the closest ref at the free throw line or further back and calling a foul on a play at the basket? if the goal is to have the game officiated according to the book, then it might be time for a 4th official, I realize the cost

-i was rooting for UK so the ACC would not have a final four team, so much for that