GDT: NCAA Tournament, Round 1

Pistol

So, Tatum went to Duke to make a run at a championship in his one year of college.  In the end, he only has one NCAA tournament will more than the Billikens this year.

I'm not saying that he made the wrong call.  He seems like a nice kid.  I also don't have any particular hatred of Duke.  Just interesting that after all that was made of his going to Duke, they only got one tournament win over a 15 seed.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see Mr. Tatum and Duke not win it all for my brackets and Jayson.  I hope the best in the upcoming NBA draft for Jayson and family.

Regardless of what happened with Duke Jayson made the right choice.

This is off-topic and I didn't feel it warranted its own thread, but I thought it was interesting. I'm watching the Colorado state NIT game right now, and they have a player named Anthony Bonner. I looked him up to see if there is any relation... I guess they are 2nd cousins http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/college/csu/basketball/2014/06/02/sg-anthony-bonner-commits-colorado-state/9886693/

49 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Ms. BAB and I will be in attendance tomorrow in San Jose for the All Jesuit, No Football NCAA West Regional Final between Gonzaga and Xavier.

I hope it is a good game for you and the wife not many if any saw this matchup.

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Ms. BAB and I will be in attendance tomorrow in San Jose for the All Jesuit, No Football NCAA West Regional Final between Gonzaga and Xavier.

Maybe Mack can get his players into another throw-down brawl. I hope Gonzaga crushes them.

I'm leaning toward rooting for the Zags today, as the Gonzaga fight song says "With Jesuit pride." We need to have a Team from the West in The Final Four, especially with it being played at the Football Cardinals stadium in Glendale, AZ.  

Oregon could give The West a Final Four team too. But I doubt The O wins at the "neutral site" listed on the Oregon website in "Kansas City, Kan."

Xavier isn't even the #1 team in its own city.

Kansas & Kentucky are the 2 best teams; it's hard for a guy from Indy to admit to that, regarding Kentucky, but they were awesome.

Fox was outstanding and his flashes are pretty phenomenal.  he can make Monk look average!   Josh Jackson also really flashes, and Frank Mason may turn out to be the sleeper player of the tournament; but Fox was the best player in 3rd round.  Kansas vs. Kentucky will be one for the ages, assuming they both win (which I am).  Possibly the best game of the tourney, even after Florida v. Wisconsin which was ,as we used to say in the Hoosier State, a "barn-burner." 

Could it be the Zags' year, finally?  I think they win; Florida vs. SC is a toss up but I'm picking the darkhorse South Carolina: better rested?  Baylor was a big disappointment, by the way. Overrated.

I'll go with  Gonzaga vs. winner of KY & Kansas for the championship.  2017 Champions: watch that KY v. Kansas game to find out.

(of course UNC could knock off Kentucky, shooting my predictions all to hell by end of day tomorrow...)

ps: my original brackets had Gonzaga vs. Kansas for championship!

Bill Murray and John Stockton were both at today's game in San Jose.

After surviving the war vs. Bob  Huggins' charges from West Virginia Thursday night, the  Zags overwhelmed Xavier both on the court and in the stands today. It seemed like half of Spokane was there.

Per Greg Gumbel tonight on TBS, the Zags are the first WCC team to reach the Final Floor since USF in '57.