Pistol

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

The Xavier Formula 

Boring point guard + athletic combo guard + big ugly stiff center = NCAA tournament 

Except that Xavier doesn't have a point guard. Right now Quentin Goodin is running the point most of the time. He's a scoring guard who gets his points at the basket. He's not a primary ballhandler by any means. Macura and Blueitt bring it up occasionally, but they're both wings. Edmond Sumner is out for the year with an ACL injury, and Myles Davis left the program.

O'Mara had a career-high 18 today. SLU offered him. We also offered Macura.

5 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

Seems every year the NCAA puts the "mid-majors" against one another 1st round and hides them from the Power 5. This year with VCU-St Mary's and Wichita St-Dayton. It's quite blatant.

Those four teams are all dangerous. Dayton and VCU are more than capable of knocking down a power conference opponent.

The Gaels and Wichita St should both be 5 seeds or above. Wichita St should probably be a 2 or 3 seed.

It is blatant and it is cowardly and it is a shame.

12 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

Seems every year the NCAA puts the "mid-majors" against one another 1st round and hides them from the Power 5. This year with VCU-St Mary's and Wichita St-Dayton. It's quite blatant.

It's extremely blatant. Doesn't make any sense either, as WSU fans travel really well.

4 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Down goes Oklahoma State.

Fire the Coach!

I often search "Travis Ford" on twitter to see if there are any recruiting tidbits or SLU articles I've missed.  OSU fans love to spew vitrol at Ford.  I can't tell you how excited I am that they lost in the first round again with a new coach.

All that talk about SMU and they get defeated by USC 66-65.

Kevin Keatts to NC State was just announced.

Edited by CBFan
spelling

1 hour ago, hsmith19 said:

Man, the refs really screwed up that Seton Hall/Arkansas game. A real shame for Seton Hall, who played better the whole game even considering the free throw trouble and the terrible travel in the last 30 seconds.

Those filthy animal refs, messed up my Seton Hall pick in my brackets.

I am envious of those that 10 points can make a difference but I do get your point.

3 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

I often search "Travis Ford" on twitter to see if there are any recruiting tidbits or SLU articles I've missed.  OSU fans love to spew vitrol at Ford.  I can't tell you how excited I am that they lost in the first round again with a new coach.

Yup

Great Win for the Men of Troy, much to the chagrin of the alleged experts East of the Continental Divide, especially those East of the Appalachians. Maybe the Eastern Block pundits should stay awake sometime and actually watch West Coast Hoops before they blanketly condemn it.

The Spirit of Troy immediately played Conquest after the win.

The PAC-12, Bill Walton's "Conference of Champions," is looking strong and the Mighty Bruins of UCLA play tonight in Sacramento.

Wichita st Dayton is a good one Dayton is about to fall

1 minute ago, kshoe said:

Refs are really sticking it to Dayton down the stretch with every 50/50 call going against them.

Truth. Officiating was a joke.

I think the refs have been poor both ways they seem to be making up calls down the stretch on Dayton I have to agree the announcers have pointed out the bad calls

the Miami coach must have liked Jim Crews under the basket to the back court inbounds play because  Miami inbounds that way every time.